“Good weekly stop.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pizzeria Mandara

Pizzeria Mandara
Reserve with OpenTable
Pizzeria Mandara is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 38 Restaurants in Wyckoff
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Godwin Ave
Mahwah, New Jersey
“Good weekly stop.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Good neighborhood BYO. The menu is limited but sufficient for a neighborhood pizzeria/Italian restaurant. Nice feature is they allow you to sit in the dining room and order slices from the pizzeria for the young ones. Our favorite is the Arugula Salad followed by the Chicken Scarpiello (sp). Standard Chicken Parm, done well. Great, crispy, hot Arthur Avenue-like Bread served with olive oil, cheese & pepper. Excellent. They are not shy to refill the bread basket. Service is slow but it takes time to cook food FRESH. Nightly specials. I'd like to see more chicken dishes. Family friendly. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Good Italian Food but slow service!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

The restaurant has good setting ,very good food but on the 3-4 occasions we dined in the restaurant, average wait for food to be served is 45 min or more. Not a place to go if you are in a rush! Also tend to be noisy probably because the place is always busy!

Visited June 2013
NYC
“Good, but noisy and expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Went for lunch. Food was good, service was adequate. Prices are on par with what I would expect to pay in a nice Italian restaurant, not a storefront, strip mall pizza parlor. Lunch for my me and my wife was $40 (before the tip) for a 10" pizza, salad, pasta with broccoli, an ice tea and a seltzer water. The dining room is separate from the pizza counter and is tastefully decorated but was incredibly noisy. It was half full at lunch time with a couple of tables of moms with kids. It wasn't that the kids were being so noisy as just the acoustics of the room were akin to a gymnasium. Owner, if you read this, do something about the acoustics in that room if you want people coming for dinner, and make a separate, less expensive lunch menu, if you want people coming for lunch. In this area of New Jersey I have a huge selection of excellent Italian Restaurants to choose from that offer better service and a much more hospitable atmosphere. For this kind of money I can think of at least 5 places within a 2 mile radius that I'd rather go to.

• Visited July 2013
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
“Poor Pizza and Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This is supposedly a somewhat upscale pizza/Italian restaurant. This was our 4th or 5th time here...and our last. The wait staff apparently punches in orders rather than really communicates with the kitchen. As a result, my requests for a crispy pizza goes completely unnoticed - I received a very soggy pizza on our last 2 visits. My request to have the leftovers slices (I ordered a large pizza and took home 5/8) placed in a large box so the slices do not overlap making them soggy - was also ignored. Taste-wise these $20+ pizza are not any better than your average local pizza place. My wife's $20 chicken dish (with artichokes) was really quite poorly done. As an aside, on our last visit I ordered a large pie (again with intent to take home most of it) but received their small pie. What most annoyed us is that I had given the waiter my charge card when I asked for the bill - only to find that they charged us for the larger pie. Despite the restaurant being nearly empty at the time it took them at least 20 minutes to recitify the bill. Just not worth the effort for mediocre food and service.

• Visited July 2013
New York
“Long wait, unimpressive food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

First of all, there seems to be a problem with hostesses being nowhere to be found when you walk in. Ater ordering a salad and an app we waited 30 minutes before our server came to apologize. When the food came it was NOT worth waiting for. Warm lettuce, a beet salad with barely any beets, pizza that was salty and no better than slice joint pizza... The best part (i'm being sarcastic) is the price of the pizza...$18!!! We will never come back..

• Visited March 2013