“Thanksgiving Dinner”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Ravine Avenue
Transit: Goffle Road bus stop
Description: Bourbon BBQ is an Authentic Southern all Hickory Barbecue & Catering, and is a Family Owned full service restaurant. It was named the "Best BBQ in New Jersey" by NJ Monthly, "Best BBQ" by 201 Magazine and "Best Ribs" by the Bergen Record and "Best BBQ" by 201 Magazine. Open 6 days a week (closed Monday) for Lunch and Dinner, Bourbon BBQ is a BYOB family restaurant that offers Authentic Southern Fried Chicken, BBQ Ribs, Brisket, hand-pressed Hamburgers, Chili and other local favorites. Bring your favorite bottle of Wine or Beer. Simple food done right. Hope to see Y'All soon.
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Looked online for somewhere to go for ThanksGiving and decided on Bourbon BBQ.. We arrived at three thirty and being we were the only customers at that time we were treated like royalty.
We started with Pumpkin Soup which we enjoyed no end ..Then came the salad Biggest salad I ever got at a restaurant.. could not finish it . Then came the Turkey dinner with both light and dark meat.plenty of it..cranberry sauce, squash,Potato,stuffing . what a great meal we had and I'm full and had to take the leftovers home ..Meal ended with a nice Pumpkin pie..And best of all the Price was right.Service was the greatest.. People you missed a good meal and didn't have to cook it ourselves..BYOB and they cork it for you..While there noticed people coming in for orders they placed before hand.. Waiter said they cooked over forty turkeys all for the take out crowd
I differently am going back for the BBQ brisket or pulled pork

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Food here was terrific. Service was a little disorganized. To be fair it was a Saturday night and they had a ton of take out orders coming in. But that doesn't excuse waiting over 20 minutes for our meal.

That being said, it was worth the wait. I had the brisket sandwich and it was fall apart moist. My husband had the sampler platter. To his surprise the ribs were the best thing on the plate and he's not a rib person. The pulled pork and brisket were also good though. The French fries were good - a little soggy,but that's how I like my fries. The cole slaw was also good, very flavorful and not watery. And the cornbread was awesome - super moist.

We also had the chipotle barbecue wings. They were supposed to come out as appetizers but ended up coming out at the end of the meal. The wing consistency was fantastic - crispy skin and moist inside. The chipotle barbecue sauce was a little too sweet for our taste, but I think with the right sauce these wings would be awesome.

It's a BYOB which is always a bonus. They put our beer in the fridge to keep cold.

Overall I would definitely recommend, just be prepared to wait.

1  Thank Jewel1356
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great service and food. We loved the ribs but the appetizer (Fried Kale Chips) stole the show. There is a wide variety of sauces on the table for you meal with all levels of heat. Get there early because they seem to get real busy during prime dinner hours.

1  Thank Rodger E
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Our waitress worked hard. Unfortunately, the night was a mess. Out of one appetizer we ordered. All 3 sodas were flat and we asked for new sodas. 2 desserts we asked for - rice pudding and zeppole - oop, out of both. A man who I would guess was the owner or manager - we told him about not having desserts and his reply was "We had big catering jobs today." Food was tasty and portions were large but we'll skip this, even with our Groupon coupon. There are a lot of other establishments to spend my money.

1  Thank esteuer
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

I have tried many things at this restaurant the barbecue ribs, brined fried chicken sirloin. All were well prepared, delicious and tasted exactly like they were supposed to...
The Mike Rib Sandwich was delicious and they gladly made it into a wrap. It is best to call a day before for the chick fried steak as they don't always have it.