“Love this place!”

Sakura
Ranked #7 of 38 Restaurants in Wyckoff
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are so lucky that Sakura's is in our our hometown. We used to travel about 15 minutes to other Japanese restaurants until one day about a year ago our son tried out Sakura's and recommended we do the same. It's been one of our favorite spots ever since. Their reputation for excellent Japanese food is spreading like wildfire. Every time we go now; there's usually a short wait; especially on the weekends. Sakura's is a BYOB which makes it even more attractive and their food is superior quality. Trust me - it's worth the wait!!! Sushi portions are very generous with thick cuts of sushi and sashimi. They have plenty of specialty rolls and dinner boxes at lunch and dinner. Some of my friends aren't into sushi; but we got them to try out some other dishes like stir fry terriyaki's; tempura; etc. and now many of them are hooked on this local eatery as well. Nicely decorated; pleasant staff and very reasonably priced for the quality and portions you receive. All dinners come with miso soup and a salad with ginger dressing. And if you like soup and noodles; they make they best Nabe Yaki Udon I've ever had. They also do a lot of take-out and have delivery service as well. If you live in this area; make sure you try Sakura's; even if you don't like sushi!!!
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Been going there weekly for the past year. Delicious food. Clean restaurant. Good prices. Dinner for two $ 30-50. Attentive service.

Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

One of the best sushi places around. Just order the tuna pizza and you can't go wrong. Service is very professional and you can bring your own. Dinner in a box also very popular. A can't miss place.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is our go to Japanese restaurant in the area. I usually order the salmon cucumber rolls and the spicy salmon rolls, Any defect in the freshness of the salmon would be noticed in the former and I've yet to experience any fishiness. Can't say the same about the local retaurants I've tried. The ambiance is also very nice and very clean (it's relatively new).

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I go to Sakura every time I need to invite someone for lunch. Their lunch special is both affordable and very good. Their lunch boxes come with a miso soup and a salad with its exquisite Japanese orange sauce. I usually take the Salmon Teriyaki box that comes with a nice piece of grilled salmon made to perfection. Sometimes I also take the negimaki (rolled tender beef over scallions) which is also excellent. I went once in the evening which is more expensive but to compensate their dishes are much more generous and quite filling. Even the lunch dishes are good size, so imagine the dinner.

The service is courteous and fast. In the evenings you usually have to wait, but once you are seated you will experience the best service. It is clean and well decorated, not too fancy but well maintained.

Reviewed April 16, 2012

Have eaten in Sakura and have had take-out and can say that the food is above average for New Jersey (can't compare with Japanese in NYC, however). Sushi is good, appetizers are good, nothing is incredible however, but they make some tasty food. My girlfriend and I really love their avocado salad with ginger dressing and their vegetable gyoza. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Doofrevol