“Wish they were closer!!”

Sebastian's Schnitzel Haus
Ranked #1 of 18 Restaurants in Wrightstown
Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed April 16, 2012

One of the few surviving authentic German restaurants in NJ. We drive all the way from the NJ shore to eat here. The buffet brunch is tremendous and a bargain, but come early or make reservations as the line is out the door.
The roladen, potato soup, potato pancakes are my favorites, not to mention the Schnitzel and Saurbraten. Delicious gravy, you will not leave hungry, so bring your appetite!!
The staff is friendly and service is quick. The food arrived fast and portions were large. The decor is entertaining as well and out of the ordinary, with lots of amusing knick- knacs and dolls to browse. Sure beats the average restaurant decor.
I only wish they were closer!

Reviewed March 16, 2012

. This quaint traditionally decorated German Restaurant was inviting and friendly. Those who really enjoy German cuisine will enjoy the Schnitzel Haus. I personally thought the food was good but only average in taste and poor in presentation. I would like to return but with someone who really understands German food. The desserts are limited as to being authentic German made. I asked for their warm apple Strudel with Ice cream and I received a bowl of white melted soupy ice cream with the apple strudel floating in the center. Now, I would not have expected that but could this be the "German" way? The restaurant is beautifully decorated with all kinds of cute German mugs, dolls and knick knacks.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

If you like German food, this is the place. Their beef soup will having you wanting more

Reviewed November 23, 2011

My wife and I dined with friends on a Saturday night. Service was very good. We had a short wait for a table. We ordered two appetizers, a breaded camembert cheese with "wild" cranberries and (Kartoffelpuffer) potato pancakes. Both were disappointing. The first was tasteless and the second terrible. The pancakes were as hard as hockey pucks!

The entre's were delicious, Sauerbraten, Pan Fried Schnitzels Combo, Schweinebratten and Jager Schnitzel. The potato soup was excellent.

Desert was a disappointment. Our group shared cheese cake, apple strudel and Bienenstich. The cheese cake was OK. The strudel was cake-like, not flaky. It should have be called apple cake. The Bienenstich was barely edible. The deserts weren't worth the calories.

If you go to Sebastian's and have an entre and a cup of coffee, you won't be disappointed.

Our bill with a 20% gratuity was $150.

1  Thank WestchesterMike
Reviewed August 5, 2011

We really enjoyed our time at Sebastian's Haus, dining on meals like authentic Potato Pancakes, Cabbage Rolls, and Schnitzel of course. You could tell everything was made from scratch and felt like I was eating at Grandma's house. We had excellent service and if we are in the area, would definately stop in. The restaurant is full of items to stare at like random dolls, beer steins, and vast and random orchid plants. We have already recommended it to all our German loving friends.

1  Thank EnjoyinTheTimeOff