All reviews delightful experience ancient city the hotel staff breakfast was delicious the owner shutters culture wood town albania strategic castle housekeeping sleep tradition architecture furniture
Selected filters
Reviewed June 29, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two nights and had a great experience. The owner and his staff are excellent, very friendly and speak good English. They make their best to please you. Spotless room and bathroom, well decorated. The breakfast is simply delicious. I highly recommend this place!

Date of stay: June 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Huacachina
Reviewed June 24, 2014

We loved this hotel, spacious room, best bathroom so far in Albania. Conveniently located for restaurants, castle and old town. Spotlessly clean rooms. Friendly staff who speak good English. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2014
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 395carolinas
Reviewed June 20, 2014

A nice newly remodeled hotel in the center of Berat, with more of a local feeling than a large high rise hotel. The lobby contains various Albanian memorabillia adding to the charm. Staff and owner were very welcoming and eager to please, and rooms were clean. Their restaurant serves a good full breakfast, but during our visit was not open for dinner. It was just a short walk for dinner in the evening.
Definitely I would stay here again if I were to be in Berat.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Hilary W
Reviewed October 20, 2013

The owners clearly put a lot of money and attention to detail into remodeling this downtown hotel. For example, I was amazed to find out that the ceiling in my room had been hand made to look like ceilings from old Ottoman-style houses.

Staff are very friendly and willing to help. For breakfast I was given a variety of choices and when I finished my eggs I was given even more food--fresh fruit and prosciutto.

The negative is that the Antipatrea is in the center of the commercial district, so not a very relaxing location. But this is true of most of the other hotels as well.

All-in-all, a very nice stay.

Room tip: I'll echo the previous comment about room size. I had reserved a single but when I looked at it I opted to pay more for a double.
Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
3  Thank karlovmost
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I paid 20 EUR per night for a single room, which was a pretty good deal. The hotel seemed very new, well decorated, furnished, etc. It looks fancier than the kind of place I usually stay, but for the price you can't beat it. The front desk staff were really nice and helpful. The only drawback to my room was that its windows were right on the main street, so there was pretty much noise around the clock. So earplugs if you get that room. On the whole, if I came back to Berat--which is a charming town, my favorite in Albania--I would probably stay in Antipatrea again.

Room tip: Rooms on the main street are going to be noisy.
Date of stay: October 2013