This hotel is a new hotel a few hundred metres off the historic part of the town.
We had a bit of a mixed impression. On the one hand, it is new and relatively well kept, in particular in comparison with the local standard.
However, there were a couple of things we were less impressed with:
- sound proofing is not good, we could hear the neighbours talking in their rooms, and some nearby apartments across the street played their music really lound (I wonder how the locals can deal with this). Also, as we were directly next to the breakfast room, we were exposed right from the morning to the noise coming from the TV that they had put there.
- the hotel has rented two spots on the public street, but when we came, these were occupied by non hotel guests, and when I had to park on the slot next to it, a public parking guard approach me almost immediately and demanded money. Of course he didn't speak English, and he was rather agressive, so I had to call someone from the hotel to resolve the discussion.
- The employee at the reception initially upgraded us to a studio, but a couple of minutes later came into our room, told us this was not the category we had booked, and asked us to move to another room -- a procedure that has not happened to me before.
- We initially had a booking request by email, which no one bothered to answer. I consider this as insufficient service.
- When I asked additional questions to the person at the reception, he was very arrogant and finally told me "I cannot talk to you, I have more important work to do" -- wow, what a great response.
- My personal suggestion is: if you look for a hotel in Berat, try Hotel Mangalemi. We initially tried to book it but it was already full, and had then dinner there and were served very well there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in a quiet area at the heart of the city, near the Park, also near the Museal area and the banks of Berat city. A hotel not only distinguished for his architectural style, Hotel White City offers the most exclusive accomodation in Berat. The hotel offers also a nice place for the afternoon tea and different cocktails only for his guests. It is very hard nowadays to determine the birth of tourism in our city... ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick, Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your White City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.