“Fab wedding/unsanitary napkin practice”

Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodcliff Lake
Reviewed November 9, 2009

Attended a fabulous wedding. They did an excellent job. All the food served was super excellent except the entrees, beef and chicken were very dry. The waiters/ess were always around, we never spent any time waiting for anything. I was so impressed with them. I always said thank you, as I think we don't say it enough in situations like this. The dessert room, yes room was spectacular. But too dark (so was the bar with appetizers, could hardly see food) and the flashing lights were annoying, even to one of the employees. However, they are instructed to refold our napkins when we get up. THIS IS VERY UNSANITARY. Please Hilton, if you read this STOP this practice. Germs are passed on to each patron and employee.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 50george75

Reviewed August 11, 2009

We stayed here for one night after a wedding in Rockleigh. This is a great hotel with a nice evening bar that everyone could socialize at after the wedding. They also had a great brunch (we were in the gazebo room) and the hotel is large and spacious. Seems like a great place for any small conventions or even family reunions.

We had a double room which was large and comfortable for all four of us. We did not use the pool, but there is one on site.

I recommend this hotel for a relaxing time.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I liked the location, it was in walking distance to the outdoor strip mall. I liked the indoor pool, the temperature was perfect. The cafe was delicious and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 4, 2009

We stayed there for a graduation, and got a very good rate of $135 per night. The hotel itself is beautiful, and sits on manicured grounds. Moreover, even though it has over 300 rooms, it is not a hulking multi-story building. The rooms are very big, clean, and quiet (the hotel is in a business park). The only real drawback is that some of the rooms are quite a distance from the only elevator bank. Also, the pillows were all too soft, but that seems to be the trend in hotels there days. The hotel is very convenient to the Garden State Parkway, yet is far enough away that you don't hear any road noise.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GoPenguins
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We stayed there for my friends wedding this past weekend. It was okay nothing special. Price was a little outrageous for the limited service we received. I recently stayed a Hyatt in Baltimore and Tremont Plaza Hotel in Baltimore and received better treatment for paying top dollar. I thought being a Hilton Honor's member it would have been nice if you put a complimentary snack platter in my room. Nothing big maybe a cookie or cheese and crackers and bottled water. My friend tried to purchase a drink right after me and Kenny Rogers the bartender told him no that he was closed. When my friend questioned why he was not served and I was served 5 seconds before I was Kenny Rogers told him, "I am closed and that is all I have to say to you". 20 of us spent over $400.00 at the bar on a Sunday Night and this is how we were treated. Then again this is New Jersey and they are known for being rude to people and not treating people with respect. The security guard brought us chips, popcorn and preztels. This was a great added bonus. We should have tipped him instead of Kenny Rogers the bartender. The next morning the housekeeper just walked into our room with out knocking on the door. The front desk did fax some important documents for me and kept trying until it finally went through. If their are other choices at other area hotels for you to stay at please avoid this hotel. This is not your typical Hilton.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 5, 2009

I stayed at the Woodcliff Lake Hilton this time last year and enjoyed it then. For a $100 room rate you get a clean, attractive room in a relatively impressive facility including a small indoor pool and a recently refurbished gym and weight room. The staff was attentive (although the valet service did lose track of my car) and room service was quick and delicious (and just as expensive as you would expect). Other than being in a pretty unremarkable location it is worth the stay.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 9, 2008

Nice hotel; just what you'd expect from the Hilton line. Clean, comfortable; reasonable value. Parking is always a bit tight as there are lots of events, but the rooms are quiet, internet is included. A good place to stay if you need to be in the area for business or family events.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodcliff Lake
Residence Inn Saddle River
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Nanuet
Homewood Suites by Hilton Mahwah

Been to Hilton Woodcliff Lake? Share your experiences!