“Loved the new beds”

Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodcliff Lake
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed August 14, 2005

This past time we stayed in a room with a new bed: loved it! Didn't want to get up the following day, that's how comfortable they are.
The staff is friendly and helpful as always (have stayed twice before). Would definately recommend the hotel if you're in the area!

• Stayed: June 2005, traveled on business

Reviewed June 2, 2005

Stayed one night in July 2004. Got a superb deal through Hotwire (US$55/night). Room was exceptional - very spacious, clean, and beautifully furnished. Had quite a bit of difficulty finding the hotel - it's in a business park in the middle of nowhere..!! However, we were very impressed overall.

• Stayed: July 2004
Reviewed March 13, 2005

I recently stayed at this hotel for a business meeting, and it was fine for that purpose. I thought my room was a good size and quite nice--it wouldn't surprise me if the rooms had been updated recently because it was in great condition. The hallway was a little gloomy, though. Check-in was fast and check-out was easy. My two quibbles were: 1. My room was on the ground floor, which felt like a basement, and 2. I ate in the restaurant because there are no other options if you don't drive, and the food was just so-so but quite pricey. I see from some of the other reviews that the hotel is billed as a "weekend getaway" place, but I imagine that's just an effort to fill rooms on the weekends since it seems that business travelers are their primary customers. I don't think it would be good for a romantic getaway.

• Stayed: March 2005, traveled on business
Ithaca, NY
Reviewed January 7, 2005

We stayed in the Woodcliff Lake Hilton in December 2004. Our stay was relatively problem-free, but we expect a better experience from a Hilton. We arrived late on a Friday night and had to fight for a parking spot and for attention from the front desk staff, as there was a large corporate Christmas party spilling out into the halls, lobby, and outside. The lobby was crawling with drunks, security guards, and irate managers taking the initiative to call for taxis for the drunk party attendees and telling the valet attendant to hold their vehicles. Given that this was not MTV Spring Break, we didn't expect this.

After checking in and being given a "below ground floor" room, we had to fight our way through multiple cocktail parties and a labyrinth of hallways (like a very long Halloween corn maze), none of which meet at right angles, to find our room all the way in the back of this dungeon-like section of the hotel.

The room was acceptable, clean, but very poorly lit (no overhead lighting, only lamps and wall sconces). The sliding door to the parking lot did not close properly, thus making the room very cold and drafty. As a result, we had to blast the heat, which was so loud that we kept waking up during the night from the noise.

The bathroom was bizarre. The towel rack was inside the shower-- therefore we had to keep the towels somewhere else. What was the point of the towel rack? The shower curtain and liner were made of fabric that absorbed rather than repelled water.

Overall, we will most likely stay in this hotel again simply because it is close to the relatives that live nearby and we are only staying for the weekend. But unless it is super-convenient, stay somewhere else.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 4, 2004

Hilton Woodcliff Lake was in the middle of nowhere (weekend getaway??? weird people..) and I don't know for how long its been there but it looks really old and ugly. However, the staff is AMAZING. even tough the food was awful and expensive they always tryed to make it up to you. The bar was fun an always filled with interesting people.

1  Thank tech3
McLean, VA
Reviewed August 22, 2004

This place seems to do a big wedding party business on the weekends. We arrived after a 12 hour drive through torrential rains to check in on Saturday, August 21, 2004. When I pulled into the circle outside the lobby, I was told that some buses were coming to pick up wedding guests so that I could not park there to unload our suitcases. No one offered to get a bellman either! Fortunately, we had packed lightly and carried it all in ourselves when we arrived. One side note about arrival. There are no directions to this place on the Hilton website heading south, eg, from the Tappan Zee Bridge. The exit numbers and what is written on the signs completely differ. Heading south you need School House Rd. Mapquest will tell you this is exit 172, but the number is not on the sign. Heading North it is exit 171 and it is Woodcliff Lake. Needless to say we missed the exit and I was pretty unhappy about that after the awful drive we'd had.
Checking in we asked about a microwave. The man at the front desk said he'd see about getting us one. We never heard another word about that. The room did NOT have mold and was clean. It was spacious enough, but I'd have preferred a table to the desk in the room. The fridge and coffeemaker where in the bathroom across from the toilet. Ah the aroma of TWO fresh pots! Frankly, whomever designed that whole bathroom set up really screwed up. There is no exhaust fan, so I am sure the mold will return one day. The towel rack for the clean bathtowels was inside the tub enclosure, so it didn't really do us any good because we had to take them all out of there the first time someone showered. My bed sheet came off the bottom of the bed before I even got in the bed so I remade it myself. I'd ordered an executive room with their "bounceback weekend" which included a breakfast buffet. The fresh fruit was wonderful and I enjoyed that with some yoghurt. The juice was good, coffee bitter and no, I didn't go back and make coffee in the potty! There were other things such as bacon, sausage, croissants, powdered scrambled eggs, hash browns. None of these things could my family stomache. This hotel was very formal and stuffy, but over what I really could not say! It all felt very artificial to me. There was nothing special about it. I did not feel pampered as one would expect. Chocolate on my pillow does not alone make me feel welcome. That part is up to an attentive staff. When we checked out, no one asked us how our stay was or thanked us for our business.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New York, NY
Reviewed June 3, 2004

Went there for a weekend getaway close to NYC. I was very disappointed. The rooms were very blah and kind of dank. The jacuzzi was not working the entire time we were there. The pool room was kind of messy and totally overflowing with kids and pool toys taking over thewhole pool. The spa was fine, but it definitely was not the relaxing spa experience we had hoped for. We checked out a night early-just didn't seem worth it to spend the money on a sub-par experience. This is a hotel that you stay at if you have to go to an event/function there-otherwise...skip it!

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Residence Inn Saddle River
Residence Inn Saddle River
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Hilton Woodcliff Lake? Share your experiences!