“good hotel lousy reservation support”

Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodcliff Lake
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We were in the area for wedding and one of the economy hotel nearby was not up to our taste. so we called this hotel to make the reservation. We called several times to reserve a room but the desk clerk put us on call routed reservation service and we put on hold for hour. Called three times same result. We decide to drive to the hotel which had plenty of rooms and two agent at the desk. I never had to call hotel at last minute but this was a terrible experience. desk personal appeared inept for Hilton standards. They offered me better than aaa rate but it was more than the rate displayed on website and priceline. Clerk could not even find my Hilton rewards number! It was midnight and we paid and went to room.
It appeared worn and dated Hilton but it was clean. AC operation was challenging. It was set at 74F and challenge to bring down. I managed it but some of my other friends were not that fortunate.
Coffee condiment was less than adequate. Loose packets of 1 Sugar packet, three Equal and one stirrer. Never expected that at Hilton
It is a good hotel but poor management. I hate to rate it low but reservation experience was not good. Hilton's mobile booking engine is a snail paced and disappointing. I was disappointed for a Hilton.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank UpperCapeResident
Debbie P, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. We are very happy that your stay was a pleasant one and that we were able to accommodate you. Please know that we value your opinion and will review your comments with our rooms division supervisor to ensure that your reservations experience is a smooth one in the future.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

All was good at the hotel, but air condition units were so noisy that we had 2 horrible nights sleep. We were attending a wedding and we were all exhausted. The hotel amenities were good, the hotel is under major renovation so there was no lobby to relax and meet up with family. Pool was nice as were the rooms.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Mindy U

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. On behalf of our Team, I am so glad that you enjoyed our hotel amenities. Your comment will be forwarded to the appropriate department supervisor and we will look into the issue you had with the air conditioning unit in your room.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed here for a business meeting which tethered me to the hotel for meals. The food in the restaurant was pretty bad; however, our catered meals were good. Thank goodness there was a Panera within walking distance or I would have starved. My rood was nice and the fitness center was adequate.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. We are pleased that you liked your guest room and the catered meals provided for your business meetings. Our restaurant is currently being renovated and we will be introducing a brand new menu to our guests. We hope you will come by and visit to sample our new look and cuisine!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

After having experienced some excellent stays with Hilton, I had great expectations regarding our visit to this hotel. Unfortunately the stay turned out to be rather disappointing. We were given a non-smoking room in the back of the third floor (39x) which smelled of stale smoke and looked run-down. It is also a long walk from the reception to the higher numbered rooms. We made use of the facilities, i.e. the outdoor pool (fine) and the mini-golf course (has seen better days). The coffee-shop is convenient for a coffee-on-the-go but the quality did not impress.

Recommendations: In walking distance you will find a Panera Bread and A&P with a Starbucks.

Room Tip: To avoid longer walks from the reception, choose a low-numbered room on the floors
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Oliver S

Dear Valuled Guest,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you during your visit to our area. We are very disappointed that your stay left you feeling less than satisfied. Our hotel is undergoing a large renovation and we are looking forward to our beautification makeover. We hope you will visit us again to experience the improvements we’ve made to make your stay an outstanding one.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I checked in with a wedding block, we were booked at the hotel for 3 days. I lost my room key, and asked them to make me another. After giving me the wrong room key, they refused to let me in my room, even after I could identify that the room was empty, and my name was on the room list. I lost my id and while I understand and respect their need for security, it was an hour of wasted time. I had to ask for the manager and go through a lot of wasted effort. While the policy makes sense, common sense, and some hospitality would have been appreciated. The first person we met had no sympathy for our situation, and took no ownership of the problem.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Hetal P

Dear Valued Guest:
On behalf of our entire staff, I understand your frustration at not being able to access your room due to our security policy. If anyone on our Team left you feeling less than cared for, that is certainly unacceptable. Please know that we do take security matters very seriously and need to make absolutely certain that there is no breach, particularly when a guestroom is involved. This matter has been brought to the attention of our department supervisor and has been reviewed to ensure that proper steps were followed by our staff as well as ensuring that each and every guest, regardless of the circumstances, is respected and cared for.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I had an excellent experience at this hotel. The staff were welcoming and friendly. The lifeguards at the pool were very friendly and helpful and the housekeeping staff were wonderful. The room was as promised and was clean, quiet, and very comfortable. The quality of the bathroom amenities was a very nice surprise.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your complimentary review of the Hilton Woodcliff Lake. We are so pleased that we were able to offer you such a wonderful experience and that you enjoyed our outdoor pool. Please come visit us again soon!!

Reviewed August 1, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our honeymoon 32 years ago. We were in the area and decided to give it another try. We noted our anniversary on our reservation. All the staff greeted us with a warm welcome and congratulations. They were all interested about the changes that have taken place in the interim period. We were given an upgraded room and special treatment. The room and service were great. The lobby and restaurant are under renovation at the moment and the food was not at a top standard which was the only negative

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Congratulations on your anniversary! How wonderful that you were able to celebrate at our hotel where you began your life together and we were able to celebrate this lovely occasion with you. On behalf of the entire team at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, we are so glad that we were able to provide you with superior service and amenities during your special stay with us. We hope you will come visit us again soon to see our brand new lobby area and restaurants.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodcliff Lake
Residence Inn Saddle River
Residence Inn Saddle River
#1 of 1 in Saddle River
Hyatt Place Fair Lawn Paramus

Been to Hilton Woodcliff Lake? Share your experiences!