Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Park Ridge Marriott(Park Ridge)
$170
Hotels.com
$162
$151
Hilton.com
Residence Inn Saddle River(Saddle River)
$149
Residence Inn
$95
Fair Motel(Upper Saddle River)
$75
$125
$110
$153
$139
All reviewsthe executive loungenice hotelfamily weddingtennis courtsoutdoor poolbergen countyfitness centerbusiness tripthe entire staffnew jerseydianaballroomrefrigeratornyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This stay was phenomenal. The service was excellent. We had a good business stay. The staff was super friendly. The bar staff was slightly rude but there was a large group of us and they were probably just overwhelmed.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Beautiful Hilton with lots of amenities and country club setting nestled in nice quiet area of New Jersey. Close to New York City. Great restuarant,Pool, Workout Room etc.Putt-Putt,other games and beautiful indoor and outdoor pool!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member and stay at many Hilton properties. This hotel was ok for an overnight stay. But nothing special. Room was clean and good sized, but definitely dated. The wing I was in (E wing) always smelled of smoke. Although I had a no-smoking room, you could definitely smell it in the hallways and the room. I brought this up to the front desk staff, and they just shrugged it off and told me the smoking rooms were below me and my room was fine. I beg to differ. It is also a somewhat sprawling hotel, and my room was a very long walk from the elevator. If you have any issues with walking, please be sure you book close to elevator.

The bar is adequate, but the $15 for a burger was way overpriced for an overcooked boring burger and undercooked fries. I get that they make money from business travelers, but the prices for the bar food were way too high for mediocre food. The breakfast buffet was excellent though, and the breakfast waitstaff were great. Loved the scrambled egg whites.

The stairwells had a moldy smell. The hallways and rooms are dated. Time for a big renovation. And if they have had a recent renovation, then needs some upgrades. I'd spend another overnight here, but probably no longer than a night.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, stay away from E wing. The whole wing smells of smoke. I would have them put you nowhere near that part of the hotel. Plus, you can walk a VERY long way to your room from the elevator, just be aware of that.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank A2Member
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Excellent quality of service and hospitality. Friendly and helpful staff. The staff concierge were courteous enough to hold my luggage during the day whilst I was out at the office. I needed to find my way to New York when I checked out of the hotel on Friday 7th June. Staff at reception printed bus and train routes into New York and helped me draft a schedule/route to my hotel for that day to my delight and satisfaction! I would definitely consider using their services again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel should not be patronized, but, given the lack of competition, people will likely be forced to deal with them. SO, beware of this story: last week, my father passed away and my very large family (he had 11 children) decided, because of the lack of competition and the trip advisor rating, to stay here during the wake and funeral. We booked at least 10 rooms in a 1/3 full hotel at best; problem is that when we compared rates they were all over the place, some of us paying 50 more per night for the same room. Turns out, some of us had been given a bereavement rate (let's face it, we didn't choose a Woodcliff Lake vacation); when we learned about the varying rates and inquired we were told several things: there's a limited number of "bereavement rooms"; "we didn't know you were part of of funeral group" (it's one or the other folks); or the 3 night guest has to pay more than a 1 night guest no matter what (when has anyone ever heard of that mid-week). In my case we specifically told the desk that we were staying there for a funeral and our rate was about 50 bucks more than several other comparable rooms, some of whom had been given the special rate. A bereavement rate was never mentioned to us at any time. Now, a business-minded brother approached the staff, explained why this was all very bad business and still had to go through 2 layers of management b/f securing their agreement to give everyone with us (immediate family who had been planning on bar/restaurant usage, etc) the same bereavement rate. Bottom line: none of this ever should have happened. To me, with all the hotels we stay in, my family and I could not have imagined a sleazier scenario than the one that unfolded...and when we pointed out the situation to the first level of customer service it just should have been dealt with b/c the very last thing anyone wants to do at a time like this is deal with a shell game like this. Here, we all happened to know each other and to talk about rates...imagine if we didn't connect the dots. And, like my brother pointed out to the last "supervisor" he spoke to...for what? We would have spent so much money at the bar and the restaurant the next morning, that a small amount of good will could have made the hotel triple the money it was trying to make off us. Instead, here's the take away: I'm never staying at this hotel again; I am never staying at a Hilton again. There are Bergen County alternatives, check them out...there are Marriots and other places on Rte. 17. As a final kicker: I purchased 3 umbrellas for the very rainy day we expected; they were 9 bucks in the gift shop...you know what happened to them ithe 10 minutes we spent at graveside? They are now in a scap heap-- cheaper than ones we would have bought on a city street corner for 3 bucks. One expects better than this from a Hilton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank sullybeche
Debbie P, Public Relations Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
On behalf of our hotel's entire team, we are sorry that you were inconvenienced during what must have been a difficult and very stressful time for you and your family. Unfortunately one person did not initially arrange for all of your group to be connected and then to receive the same rate upon arrival. We are glad that we were able to accommodate your request for a group rate for the majority of your rooms upon check in and apologize if you were inconvenienced in the process. In addition, if you like, you may contact the sales office directly to be reimbursed for the umbrellas that did not perform to your satisfaction. I am sorry for your loss and any additional stress that this issue caused you and your family. We hope you will once again consider Hilton when making future travel plans.