My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Woodcliff Lake for two nights when we were guests at my cousin's wedding. The hotel staff was the best part. The building layout and the rooms were the worst part.
The positives: The bellmen were really friendly and easily found things to talk about with us as we made the long journey from the lobby to the room with our luggage. The hotel is dog-friendly, so you don't have to worry about boarding your pet if you're here on business or for a weekend party. In spite of the "pet friendly" policy, the hotel is still very clean, and I always saw cleaning staff working. The hotel has a lot of amenities available, such as a gift shop, a pool, and several restaurants. The hotel is located right next to a good-sized shopping center and an A & P supermarket.
The negatives: We were in room 480, which is about a 10-minute walk from any entry/exit point to the outside world. There is only one corridor to the elevator, and you have to walk through the entire thing to go downstairs and get out. It's really quite a pain, especially if you're carrying a lot with you. Also, the rooms were not up to typical "Hilton" standards. In fact, every Hampton Inn I have ever stayed at had rooms that were larger and more updated. The bathroom was only 40 square feet including the tub. So basically, I couldn't open the door from the inside of the bathroom without having to step back and consequently bump into the toilet (I'm a small person, too). And this was one of the "deluxe" rooms that costs extra. The decor in the rooms was really tired. Though I couldn't tell if it had been recently updated but just not that tastefully or if it hadn't been updated. The food at the hotel isn't great - everything we ate tasted processed and bland. The bed was fine - comfortable enough - but nothing special.
I agree with reviewer "Phillip S" that the hotel is kind of running on autopilot because there's not a whole lot of competition in the area, and the area itself is not a tourist attraction, but rather the home of a business park.
One very positive thing I will say (though I would expect this) is that when a couple in the room next door was having a knock-down, drag-out, chair-throwing fight at 3:00 in the morning, we called downstairs and got a swift response. The police even came!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A full service hotel nestled on 21 acres in scenic Bergen County, New Jersey offering a variety of luxurious accommodations. Just walk out your guest room door and take advantage of our many amenities. This Northern New Jersey hotel provides distinctive dining options from a full service restaurant featuring menus crafted from ingredients fresh from local farms and dairies to our more casual bar and lounge and seasonal poolside dining. Relax and unwind at our heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi or seasonal outdoor pool. Treat yourself to a massage or facial at Infinina Spa located on site. Challenge family and friends to basketball, tennis or sand volleyball. Our award-winning, friendly staff delivers the finest in service and hospitality. Conveniently located off the Garden State Parkway, approximately 30 minutes from New York City, less than 40 minutes from Newark Liberty Intl. Airport and approximately 55 minutes from New York City's Kennedy and LaGuardia airports. A choice destination for business and pleasure, the hotel provides a resort-like setting for corporate conferences as well as lavish celebrations and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Cancelon, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Hilton Woodcliff Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel Woodcliff Lake
- Hilton Hotel Woodcliff Lake
- Woodcliff Lake Hilton