I am a frequent guest at The Hilton. It seems like every two weeks I come there is someone new at the front desk who doesn't seem to know what they are doing making it very difficult for the frequent traveler.
Customer Service is excellent except when you need to complain about something. I have gone to the front desk before the staff don't really seem to know what to do during a complaint. They just say "ok" and push you off or "we will make a note of it". If you complain during a busy time of day the manager's literately cut into the conversation your having with the desk staff just ask if your a Hilton honors member and provide bonus points just to get you out of their face rather than actually take care of the problem. I have not been to The Hilton in about a month and just came back this week and the only people that seemed to knew customer service is Morgan D. and David I (In which I recently was told he has moved on) and the little short girl who has been at the Hilton a long time. Im sorry I did not get the last names. They actually seemed to listen to my complain rather than to shut me out as fast as they can. They also follow up on my complaint and made sure the problem was resolved. I was locked out of my room and they both took the time to come themselves to my room and let me in so I wouldn't have to walk all the way back to the front desk. To me, that's excellent customer service. Not just providing free points because that does not fix the problem for the next guest who may be more arrogant!
The rooms themselves are very out dated. They keep saying that they are going through a renovation but I guess I will believe it when I see it. The heaters/AC unit are very old and make a lot of noise. The shower curtains needs to be replaced and I personally think that housekeeping needs to spend more time in the bathroom and under the beds.
Saffron is pretty good food but sometimes doesn't function at all like a typical restaurant and i often find my self being seated by the front desk staff rather than the host/hostess. But the food is ok.
The only reason I go to the hotel is it's proximity to my work and knowing that those 3 (now 2) individuals care enough about the property and the guests; that i keep coming back. If you have a problem go to them, they will solve it and with care. If it were not for them and the close proximity to work I would recommend somewhere else!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A full service hotel nestled on 21 acres in scenic Bergen County, New Jersey offering a variety of luxurious accommodations. Just walk out your guest room door and take advantage of our many amenities. This Northern New Jersey hotel provides distinctive dining options from a full service restaurant featuring menus crafted from ingredients fresh from local farms and dairies to our more casual bar and lounge and seasonal poolside dining. Relax and unwind at our heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi or seasonal outdoor pool. Treat yourself to a massage or facial at Infinina Spa located on site. Challenge family and friends to basketball, tennis or sand volleyball. Our award-winning, friendly staff delivers the finest in service and hospitality. Conveniently located off the Garden State Parkway, approximately 30 minutes from New York City, less than 40 minutes from Newark Liberty Intl. Airport and approximately 55 minutes from New York City's Kennedy and LaGuardia airports. A choice destination for business and pleasure, the hotel provides a resort-like setting for corporate conferences as well as lavish celebrations and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Woodcliff Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel Woodcliff Lake
- Hilton Hotel Woodcliff Lake
- Woodcliff Lake Hilton