Location wise, this property was great. Its in a cul-de-sac and a quiet location at all times, as the surrounding Business Park rolls up around 6
I found a few Service issues that took away from the overall stay quality.
Three out of the four nights I was there, the Housekeeper didn't leave a washcloth. I would call the front desk and they would send one up. I asked the nightly turn down service person on the third night to bring me one to avoid calling Housekeeping. They said they would later, as they experienced a shortage. Later never came, so I called down and was delivered my washcloth. On the second day, they decided not to refill my shampoo / conditioner bottles. I called down and they sent some up.
The second service issue was the two faced person in the lounge. Every night except Tuesday, she was a smiling teddy bear. Tuesday, however, from 7 to 8, was the free drink hour. When I noticed it was 2 minutes until 8 on the wall clock, I realized she had not notified me of the end of the free drink hour, and went to receive one last free beer. Then the Wicked Witch of the East emerged. I quote her exact words "No, the bar is closed. One two minutes before, it does not matter! The service is done" Like the Seinfeld episode, "No Soup for You" Indeed it was, I suppose. I convinced her to lighten up, but the memory of her antagonism has not faded. I recommend that she both remind everyone when 8pm is coming on Tuesday's personally, and not put on the pointed hat/broomstick when people are asking for the Happy Hour service until the deadline.
The Woodcliif lake has a small Coffee shop that serves Starbucks. Yay! The coffee shop closes at noon each day. You must be joking. Here is a Convention Hotel that has a major lobby feature of a coffee shop that is open maybe 5 hours a day, not in the afternoon or evening. That's ridiculous.
Now about the property and rooms in general. The lobby is nice and modern looking. Then you step on the elevator and go back to the 1970's.Wood paneling looks sad and old in the elevators, which leads to the carpet in the hallways which looks sad and old but which matched the sad and old wallpaper just great. The rooms decor matches the hallways, Sad and old. Beyond the lobby, this property screams "Renovate Me". Some Hotel rooms delight you. This one depressed me.
The last piece, and the title of this review, was the kicker. The AC didn't softly start and stop at temperature. The AC began and ended with the CRACK of a transformer begging to be serviced. It was an old wall mounted unit, and that CRACK was enough to make me jump in the quiet of the room. Quiet that is everywhere except through the paper thin front door, where you can hear the hallway conversations nicely from your bed. And I am sure that the hallway crowd can also hear any bathroom sounds going on as it's next to the door.
As the business was booming during my stay, I see a real need to renovate this sprawling property's hallways and rooms soon or yesterday to keep it vital
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A full service hotel nestled on 21 acres in scenic Bergen County, New Jersey offering a variety of luxurious accommodations. Just walk out your guest room door and take advantage of our many amenities. This Northern New Jersey hotel provides distinctive dining options from a full service restaurant featuring menus crafted from ingredients fresh from local farms and dairies to our more casual bar and lounge and seasonal poolside dining. Relax and unwind at our heated indoor pool and Jacuzzi or seasonal outdoor pool. Treat yourself to a massage or facial at Infinina Spa located on site. Challenge family and friends to basketball, tennis or sand volleyball. Our award-winning, friendly staff delivers the finest in service and hospitality. Conveniently located off the Garden State Parkway, approximately 30 minutes from New York City, less than 40 minutes from Newark Liberty Intl. Airport and approximately 55 minutes from New York City's Kennedy and LaGuardia airports. A choice destination for business and pleasure, the hotel provides a resort-like setting for corporate conferences as well as lavish celebrations and events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hilton Woodcliff Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel Woodcliff Lake
- Hilton Hotel Woodcliff Lake
- Woodcliff Lake Hilton