“There are two hotels in this area, don't stay here, stay at the Marriott.”

Hilton Woodcliff Lake
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Woodcliff Lake
Reviewed March 30, 2011

My company has an office in this area and I either stay here or the Marriott. The Marriott was booked this time around so I had to stay here.

Waited to check in and was skipped over for what was a "Hilton Regular". Fine.

Literally was there just to sleep and leave in the morning. If only sleep was an option. The walls were so thin that you can hear people talking from down the hall. There were also a bunch of kids staying at the hotel running around the entire time. Doors slamming and people chatting all night pretty much ruins a night of sleep.

Was using the bathroom and noticed ants on the floor. Not one, at least 5. But I had already unpacked my stuff, just wanted to go to bed and get the heck out of there.

In the morning, couldn't check out properly because system was down. Was going to use a shuttle and was asked multiple times where I was going. Bus driver wasn't aware about my stop and made a big circle and was dropped off last, making me late to my meeting.

Even if I have to stay over in NJ again, I would not stay here. I would go back home or stay in another town. This hotel is absolutely awful.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Stayed here with family for an event at the hotel. Checked in early, but were led to a room that seemed to be in a different state, very confusing layout, housekeeping staff could not provide assistance. Manager was very nice and found a room closer to elevator and activities. Check in staff forgot to give us the gift bag for our event. got a phone message to pick it up, very nice, however when we went to pick it up they were all gone, why bother calling us? Gave us a coupon for a dessert or wine for being hilton honors members, when we went to use it, we were informed that we needed to order dinner to use it, again, why bother? At the event, the hosts were supposed to be at our table, only there was not enough room, according to them all of the tables had incorrect place settings at them, and were not in the correct position in the room!!!!!! The staff set up a whole new, larger table, did it quickly, this was the first time I ever saw that happen!!! I would think twice before booking an event here.Room was nice. Could have used a safe and make up mirror.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2011

DESCRIPTION OF INCIDENT

Incident : Report the lost of new Coach wallet US$71 in Hotel Room 319

I stay in room 319, Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel, 200 Tice Blvd, Woodcliff Lake, NJ07677 from 6 Dec to 9 Dec 2010 checking-in at around 7am on 6 Dec and checking-out at around 7am on 9 Dec 2010. The purpose of my stay is to attend a business meeting in the Hotel meeting room.

On 8 Dec 2010, I started packing my luggage bag at around 6.30am on 9 Dec. However, after packing, I realized that not all my stuff could go into the luggage bag, so I started to remove some of the stuff including one of the Coach wallet which I placed on the table behind the television. After I repacked, I did not notice that I have left my coach wallet on the table and left the room without it. I only found out that I left the wallet in the Hotel room 319 after I arrived Singapore and unpack my luggage bag at about 7pm on 10 Dec 2010 (US Time). Note that I have locked my luggage bag after I check-out from the Hotel until I check-in my luggage at the Airport. Therefore I am sure that I left the coach wallet (US$71) in the Hotel room 319.

I reported the lost of my coach wallet by making a telephone call to Hilton Woodcliff Lake Hotel at 7pm on 10 Dec 2010 (US Time) follow by email to Hotel Customer Service Dept.

I have submitted a incident report to the Hotel as per their suggestion to claim for insurance but already three months and numerous email follow up but did not hear their response. I am disappointed and hope that the Hotel will give me a response as soon as possible.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank MichaelMok
PeterTomaselli, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2011

Dear MichaelMok,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our housekeeping supervisor thoroughly searched your room, and regretfully, nothing was found. The room attendant who cleaned your room after your departure also did not report finding a wallet. Please keep in mind that our housekeeping staff is very trustworthy, having previously turned in cash and jewelry that had been left in rooms, and many of our room attendants have worked for our hotel for years without complaint.

Naturally, we have kept your information on file, and we will be certain to contact you in the event that your wallet is found. Please feel free to contact me should you have any additional questions.

Reviewed February 19, 2011

This is a hotel with a nice outdoor pool that is very clean. We visit here often and my kids love it. The gym is also very nice the womans locker room needs a update, but all in all it a great place for a quick get away. I always had a nice room but I can see someone getting a room that is a little dingy, It is an older hotel. The grounds are beautiful and rich, all the staff is so friendly. Even the breakfast place in the lobby is yummy, there is also a Starbucks I think. The bar is also very nice the food there is also great and I want to say they have a happy hour.
The best of it all, the last time we went was when the PGA was in Paramus and we saw a lot of the big golfers, they were staying there. We always have a great time here, it is not a bad hotel at all. We will be back in the spring!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 9, 2010

Recently stay at this Hilton for a meeting. Banquet staff was awesome, food creative and fun. Desk staff said hello to us everytime we walked by, told us to enjoy our day, smiles....The coffee area attendant remembered my order day to day....didn't try out the spa, but it looked inviting!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
PeterTomaselli, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2010

Dear kc8175,

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your comments on to the banquets and food and beverage staff, and as the Assistant Front Office Manager, I am especially glad that we were able to brighten your day at the front desk.

Thank you so much for your positive feedback, and we certainly hope to welcome you back for your next business meeting. Please be sure to sample the spa the next time you stay with us - I especially recommend the deep tissue massage!

Reviewed November 16, 2010

This is the 4th ( and last) time that I've stayed at this hotel and nothing has changed. this time I opted for a Suite which is nothing more than adjoining rooms with a parlor in between. The parlor had an awful, dirty odor. The windows & light fixtures were filthy. If you moved the dirty drapes there was an inch of filth built up along the wall on the carpet. What qualifies as a kitchen by Hilton standards was deplorable. The microwave is old & filthy as is the dorm sized refrigerator. The cabinets are busted & empty with some sort of droppings in the corners. If you close any of the doors in the rooms you'll find an assortment of objects ie: hair pins, paper clips etc. pushed into the corners where the vacuum didn't reach. The carpeting was filthy & stained, most of the lamps didn't work. I had to take light bulbs from one to put into another by my bed. The bathroom had hair left on the shower wall. For a Hilton " Suite " no toothpaste or mouthwash in bathrooms ? ? ? Bathrobes etc. After all it IS a " Suite " The elevators were filthy with outdated entertainment information in their posters. Over all I would NEVER stay there again, this is not sour grapes, but I would suggest someone in corporate stay in those rooms & evaluate them. I doubt they would say much different.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank waygonnancy
PeterTomaselli, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2010

Dear waygonnancy,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. I am terribly sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us, and please rest assured that these issues have been addressed with housekeeping.

We sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to welcome you back and show you the high level of service and cleanliness that we strive to provide to our guests.

Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed November 2, 2010

Check-in was a breeze! Greeted by friendly and professional staff. No one ever made me feel rushed or obsolete. EVERY SINGLE STAFF MEMBER: greeted me with a hello, goodbye, can I help you?

Our room felt like it took some time to walk to because it was on the first floor, but we didn't mind. It felt more secluded that way. We were very close to the Spa and Gym which looked nice, but we didn't use either one (this visit). The room was CLEAN...no, not clean...spotless! The bathroom was very clean. I would only recommend that the hotel install another hook or towel rack for towels to dry. Housekeeping was very gracious. Room service was fast. We ate at Saffron in the hotel...great service/great breakfast. I would definitely stay here again.

It was myself, my husband and my 2yr old....we felt right at home visiting our family in Bergenfield (easy commute!).

I regret not having time to explore the hotel grounds!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
PeterTomaselli, Front Office Manager at Hilton Woodcliff Lake, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2010

Dear Shineykate,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and I have relayed your comments to our front desk staff, room attendants, and our food and beverage staff.

We hope to be able to welcome you back the next time you visit your family!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Woodcliff Lake
Crowne Plaza, Suffern
#1 of 2 in Suffern
6 mi away
Sheraton Mahwah Hotel

Been to Hilton Woodcliff Lake? Share your experiences!