“Best place in town” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sea Light Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Sea Light Hotel
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Rach Gia
“Best place in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2011

Stayed at this hotel for 2 weeks while working in Rach Gia. By far the best place to stay in town. Obviously the nicest and tallest building in town. The staff were friendly, they do their best to help, but their English is not great. Regardless, good enough to get you whatever you need. They arranged domestic flights for me, ferry to the near island as well. The restraunt onsite is nice if you want something to eat and dont wanna go out. The staff at the restaurant is again, super friendly and helpful. Some of them speak English. They just opened a deck bar which is very nice at night with star views and breeze. The betting, sheets, towels were western standards, and clean. They have good laundry service and fast free WiFi. Overall, it's the best hotel I have stayed in Vietnam during my 3weeks of travel.

• Stayed November 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sea_Light_Hotel, Sales Staff at Sea Light Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2015
Dear guest,
I'm very happy to read your comments .Now our hotel is improving the quality as the price. During this period, we are appying the promotions about the rate and service. We hope to serve you soon.
Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
  • Vietnamese first
San Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2011

Breakfast is outright inedible. It is better to go out and get food in town.
Service: Reception will say yes and nod while not knowing what you are talking about. Air con broke, maintenance said they fixed it but nothing was done. We had to fight to switch rooms.
Rooms: Small and they wouldn't give us one double bed; instead 2 twins.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear guest,
I'm so sorry about the problems you get in our hotel. We improved many facilities and upgrade the service in hotel so we get many better comments from clients. And the staff is trained more.
We hope to serve you again and you will feel more comfortable.
Best regards,

Travelers are raving about these Rach Gia hotels

Goldendale, WA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2011

I stayed at Sea Light Hotel mid October 2011. On the positive, management was responsive and very congenial to all my concerns. However, the hotel was having significant maintenance issues. It appeared to me they have construction shortcomings as the first two rooms I was offered had a musty smell. There were ceiling tiles removed at several locations in the hotel. At the time it was not raining, but it appeared there were or had been significant roof leakages. Also, I had one set of laundry done. The morning I departed I put the laundry package that was in my room into my backpack without opening. When I arrived at my next location I discovered I was short one shirt. I had my Vietnamese friend call and ask if they could forward to the neighboring town where I was. The response was no. IMHO the fault was primarily theirs, even tho I should have opened my laundry package and checked.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Dear guest,
I'm so sorry about the trouble you get when you stayed in our hotel. The staff's attitude is improved more. And about the service in the restaurant we changed to another chef so we get many better feedback from clients.
We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in next time.
Nha Trang, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

The staff is excellent and the amenities good. Even though it is a newer building it seems like so many places, quality control during construction was not an issue. The room is nice and the furnishings tasteful. The room I had on the 15th floor had a 37 " lcd tv, a great aircon unit, and a softer, very large bed. The problem lies in that the ceiling was wet, (as were probably the walls under the wall paper) csausing mold growth and a musty smell. It is not acceptible for a 4 star hotel to smell like a 0 star. Hopefully this issue can be adressed though I think major renovations on a new buildingmight be needed. Perhaps try another floor.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Owee
Dear guest,
Thanks for your valuable review about our service. We are improving the facilities and service.
Now, we are applying the promotions about the room rate and service. We hope to serve you again in next time.
Have a nice day.
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

The beds are the most comfortable in Rach Gia. I've stayed a lot of hotels here and this is the best most professional one. Have a good look as different rooms and you will find one you like. The staff is great from the restaurant to the bell hops. Very friendly and happy people. It's more expensive than most hotels in the area but for around 50 usd you get a great room. Leave the shower water on a long time and you will get hot water. It's a very tall building so the view is great. What else can I say. If you go here on business then this is the best hotel to stay at in the area.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Deco66
Dear guest,
Sorry for take a long time to reply your review. We are very happy when you choose Sealight hotel to stay. We always listen to the ideas from customers to complete more services. We hope to serve you soom
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2011

Perfect for my needs,the restaurant has a beautiful city and ocean view,good breakfast, large Rooms and helpful staff, the housekeeper were very polite knocking before entering my room unlike most hotel in Vietnam
,Absolutely superb.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank billytrip_11
Dear guest,
Thanks for your review about Sealight hotel. We hope in next time when you came back to Rach Gia city you wil stay in our hotel again. Now we have the promotions about the room rate and the service. In the restaurant we have a new chef with the variety system with tasty dishes. To improve more about the service we have just opened the coffee shop inside the premises. We hope to serve you again.
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2011

This is the tallest with 19 levels and the most beautiful building in Rach Gia. I stayed there 3 nights with my wife in a honey moon room and we loved it. They offer good free breakfast daily, as well as gym, swimming pool, internet wifi and a Game room. Staff are very friendly. Room are very beautiful and clean. The prices are reasonable and I suggest you book rooms directly with them; it would be cheaper:
www.Sealighthotel.vn

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Tripmangood
Dear guest,
Thanks for your choose our hotel. I'm so sorry about the problem you got when you stayed in our hotel. About the restaurant , we have another chef and variety system of dishes for customer's choosen. Beside that, to upgrade the service we have just opened a coffee shop near the hotel. With the promotions we hope you will feel more comfortable when you stay here again.