We arrived in Phu Quoc having researched many places prior to arriving but not one place really hit the spot so we decided to find a place on arrival - we are normally very lucky in finding great places. We had been recommended to try Mai Spa which offers wonderful treatments so we headed there initially but the room we were offered was very basic - a bed and a wardrobe and that was it! We travelled further down the beach stopping at places on the way and eventually arrived at Mai House. We were completely taken by the lovely coconut grove on the beach and we met Gerard the owner to see if there was a room free. We stayed in a garden bungalow and loved it. The room is well decorated with a comfortable platform bed and felt like a home from home. Beautiful tropical gardens, great staff who were so friendly, great service, good food and the delicious breakfast made our stay just perfect! This place is not exactly cheap but comparing it to other places it is worth every penny and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay there. The only comment in terms of "room for improvement" would be that offer a few more chips with their sandwiches which are not inexpensive! At $85 a night it's worth paying it if you are looking for a little luxury that is not over the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mai House Resort is located on Long Beach, 5 kms away from Duong Dong city and the airport. The resort is located on a 2 hectares tropical garden, right on the beach with only 30 accommodations units (26 with AC&FAN, 4 with only FAN) each bungalow is separated from the others to preserve tranquility and privacy of our guests. A bar-restaurant right on the beach prepares Vietnamese seafood specialties, barbecue and Western food.A beach fully equipped with sunshades, sunloungers and beach towels. Each bungalow with thatched roof is private with a furnished balcony, a bungalow with king size 4 poster bed with mosquito net, a private bathroom (shower) with hot water and toilet and a closet with safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mai House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mai House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Mai Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Mai Phu Quoc Island