Mai House Resort
Cassia Cottage(Duong Dong)
T&T Resort(Duong Dong)
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Viet Thanh Resort(Phu Quoc Island)
  • Beachfront
Sun & Sea Hotel(Duong To)
View Hotel
All reviewslong beachpalm treessea viewmosquito netgarden bungalowbeach frontnight markethot waterrestaurant stafffree cocktailsun loungersprivate beachbaguettestayed daysfour poster bedyogurttaxi ride
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

Great little resort with a fantastic tropical beach feel. Food in the restaurant is delicious, drinks are well priced and the staff are friendly.

Rooms are a little basic though given we did book a superior room. We had a room at the back of the resort which felt a little crowded. Definitely try to book a beach-view if available, for the small extra cost you get much more space and seeming value.

We did really enjoy our time here. If the owners invested a little in the rooms and added some polish to customer service this would be an outstanding resort.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank A1k
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We were just after a comfortable, laid back beach bungalow and Mai House delivered this with bells on. The bungalows are elegant and simple while the resort itself is beautifully laid out.

It isn't a 5 star resort so go elsewhere for that. Mai House has a boutiquey feel with charm and character and a really lovely relaxed atmosphere that made our Christmas 2013 very special. On our walks along Long Beach we never saw another resort that looked nicer. The competition was either more basic / backpacker style... Or too formal / western / corporate feeling. Mai House was the place for us!

Food at the restaurant was great and it's well located right on the beach. We had breakfast everyday 15 yards from the sea. Staff are really friendly - we knew them pretty well by the time we left.

It has a brilliant spa too that we hadn't known about when we booked. Was a nice bonus to the place - the massages were very good value in western terms (£6 for 30 min massage). We had one every evening after sunset so were super chilled by the end of our stay!

By a quirk of our booking, we stayed in both a standard garden view and a standard sea view. There is little difference. All the bungalows are set back from the beach so don't think it's worth paying a bit more for a sea view.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jmamm
Reviewed January 6, 2014

room had no tv, air con didnt work, was supposed to be a two bedder facing the beach, only one of the rooms did and the other one was more like a back house with the only window which faced the path to the beach, so the curtains had to always be drawn to keep privacy.

the restaurant leaked water when it started to rain

also, its a pain to get to the hotel too where the roads are full of jagged rocks...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Vatt K
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at Mai House & we really had a great time. We were there in peak time & therefore paid top $. So I feel as much as I would tell people it is great & definitely stay there I also feel I have the right to point out a few things that could be improved.
The beach chairs & lounges & the furniture in the restuarant area are looking a bit tired & worn out & whilst this didn't effect our stay it's just an observation that could make first impressions much more favourable. Breakfast was great, simple but it was all that is needed & plenty of it. All staff were lovely & very willing to help.
Dinner in the restuarant was lovely, expensive by local standards but good quality.
Yes the beds are hard but it didn't really effect sleep quality.
Yes we would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Loved it. Stayed with the family for 2 weeks. My two sons 12 and 3, my husband and my mother. Perfect for all of us, nice and quit no loud music. Very nice staff. It's our second time here, the weather and sea is perfect around xmas. If you're looking for 5 star luxury, it's not here, but it's so worth the money. Best papaya and squid salad, so good that I'm gonna put it in the magazine i work for. Go for the vietnamese food and not the western.
If I have to look for something that could be better, I would have to say the mattresses, but I like my bed soft.
I highly recommend this place, Gerard and Mai are very nice people.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family