We arrived at mai
House after staying 3 hectic days in HCMC so we were in need of some relaxation! The taxi ride here was only 120,000 dong and it was down a tiny rocky road! Our taxi journey was with the worst driver in the world and it wa rather stressfull so we had a giggle with the reception man!
Check in was easy and we were taken to our room and the bell boy explained all the air con etc. the garden villas Are set amount the trees and jungle type setting and so closets walk to the beach and restaurant. The bed was a 4 poster with a mossy net ready for you to use at night and there was 2 little chairs to sit outside on. The bathroom had a curtain you pull along- no door! So if u like privacy - you won't get it! Lots of toiletries here for you and comfy bed.
We had food in the restaurant and the setting is simply beautiful. The meal was lovely and reasonable for a hotel price.
The sunset on our first night was out of this world, sadly it didnt show for the next 2 as it was cloudy.
We had a massage on the beach by the ladies on the right hand side. They were very good but one lady tried to thread my leg aswell (worrying as it want hairy!) I told her no and she stopped! Apparently they try to give you all treatments. That lasted 50 mins and it was 80,000 , not bad for £2.50!
Staff were all so friendly and said hello as you passed.
Breakfast was fruit, pineapple, watermelon, mango. Fruit juice. Tea an coffee. You also ordered freshly made egg or omelette off the menu. They cooked it straight away. You can also have yogurt butt u have to ask.
Overall a lovely stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mai House Resort is located on Long Beach, 5 kms away from Duong Dong city and the airport. The resort is located on a 2 hectares tropical garden, right on the beach with only 30 accommodations units (26 with AC&FAN, 4 with only FAN) each bungalow is separated from the others to preserve tranquility and privacy of our guests. A bar-restaurant right on the beach prepares Vietnamese seafood specialties, barbecue and Western food.A beach fully equipped with sunshades, sunloungers and beach towels. Each bungalow with thatched roof is private with a furnished balcony, a bungalow with king size 4 poster bed with mosquito net, a private bathroom (shower) with hot water and toilet and a closet with safety box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Mai House Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mai House Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Mai Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Mai Phu Quoc Island