This hotel could be amazing but sadly there are a few things letting it down. The location was fab & we were given a free upgrade to a sea view room (for which we were very grateful). The room was a good size and the bed was really comfy but the bathroom was very dated and the shower was very low so you have to bend right back to rinse your hair.
The beach was beautiful but the attendant just sat on his phone, if you wanted a towel & bed you had to sort yourself out. The bins & ash treys were not regularly emptied some times first thing in the morning they were still full of yesterday's rubbish.
The staff in reception were helpful but were quite often busy on mobile phones and we even saw one member of staff smoking in the reception. Other staff you pass wondering around the hotel simply ignore you which I find very rude. Many of the staff seem to spend the majority of the day sitting together in the shade watching things on their mobile phones. (I have never experienced this before!!)
The breakfast is ok, the local cuisine is better than western. The toaster was out of action for 2 mornings whilst we were there which was a pain. The breakfast staff were not friendly, In fact they barley spoke & never smiled, beware of leaving your plate if you get up for a drink, it will be gone & binned in seconds. It's disgusting really as they threw away a nearly full plate of toast & bacon.
This hotel has so much potential but they need to invest in staff training, staff need to leave their mobiles in their pockets or in lockers, the breakfast needs improving & the bathrooms need upgrading.
After saying all this I would still recommend this hotel due to the beauty of the beach, comfy large room & close proximity to town & restaurants.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching over 4 hectares, on the West Coast, Saigon-Phuquoc resort and spa offers 100 bungalows and villas (comprise bedroom, sofa bed, living room, bar connecting with dining space and kitchen). The property hides under coconut forests and striking colour of flowers. From these balconies, you can enjoy the sunset on the Thai's Gulf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Fastbooking, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Hotwire so you can book your Saigon Phu Quoc Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saigon Phu Quoc Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Saigon Phu Quoc Island Hotel