We chose this hotel for our Christmas/New Years Holiday. We had some friends visiting from the states and wanted to show them a beautiful beach and hotel. Additionally, we were travelling as a larger group, as we have 3 children, brought our nannies and our friends are a family of 4. We travelled during peak season and had to prepay the entire room when I booked it 4 months earlier. Not a chance of a refund - which was fine, as I never needed to ask for one. HOWEVER, the service here continuously disappointed.
1. We had a booking for their large family suite (not sure of the exact name, but it is a bungalow, on the beach with a living room that connects two rooms. Addtionally, we booked a garden suite (we would have booked two of the same bungalows, but there weren't 2 available). Upon arrival, it took over an hour to check in. And the nervous tapping on the keyboard affirmed our suspicions...they had given our room away...the expensive $400+ night room. This was a huge splurge for us. They wanted to put us in 2 rooms on the beach, but we have a 3 year old and twin 1 year olds. How can we put them in a room without a door that connects to our room? We finally had to settle on a building close to the road and take 2 rooms and then move the next day in the middle of our activities. They offered us a free beach buffet dinner to take the rooms, so we would get out of their hair! ; ) We took it, then they tried to charge us for the other people in our party. We weren't the only one's sitting there for 1+ hours trying to check in. Finally got them to agree to give everyone the buffet. Thank you. Frustrating, but we had no choice but to accept the lesser room. We worked it out.
2. We specifically chose this hotel based on all of the activities they "offer" online. Babysitting, tennis, kids activities, etc. Pretty much none of them were available. The first day, I asked where the kids center was for babysitting. They pointed me to a room and I took the boys there. No sitter. Some 30 minutes later, i was told to just leave my kids there and they could play. Unsupervised. They are 1 year 4 months. What? Then they sent a male gym attendant to "watch" them. Finally went to the office, they said we need to book someone. OK. So I booked someone for the NEXT morning, went to drop the kids. Nobody arrived. I went to the office again and asked them where the sitter was. Said the sitter was sick. Decided against actually having a sitter while the kids were awake. I let everyone else go about activites so I could hang out with the kids in the room. So I booked a sitter for that night so we could take our group out for dinner, after the babies would be asleep. Was agreed on that morning. We make plans, at 5 that night, we are told that the sitter cannot come into our room while the babies are sleeping. They would have to stay up and go to the sitting room. We eventually just passed and let the nannies take turns going out and staying in. We wanted to give them a fun vacation as well.
3. The food is VERY overpriced. You can walk to the main road, turn left and walk 5 minutes and eat at this cool little hotel on the roof. We did. There were 8 of us. We ate and drank and filled up and spent $50...compared to our meager lunch at the hotel that cost us about $150.
1. The beaches are beautiful.
2. When we did get our pricey bungalow...it was beautiful and comfortable. Great sitting area with a view of the ocean.
3. Breakfast buffet which was included was great.
I would caution on choosing this resort based on what they offer, as most things were not actually available. If you are travelling without young children and just want a beautiful little beach bungalow...go for it. It is pricey, but very lovely and comfortable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stretching over 4 hectares, on the West Coast, Saigon-Phuquoc resort and spa offers 100 bungalows and villas (comprise bedroom, sofa bed, living room, bar connecting with dining space and kitchen). The property hides under coconut forests and striking colour of flowers. From these balconies, you can enjoy the sunset on the Thai's Gulf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Fastbooking, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Saigon Phu Quoc Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Saigon Phu Quoc Hotel Phu Quoc Island
- Saigon Phu Quoc Island Hotel