“Great food and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Phuong Binh House

Phuong Binh House
Ranked #24 of 229 Restaurants in Phu Quoc Island
Cuisines: Bar, Seafood, Asian, Vietnamese
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cologne, Germany
“Great food and great people”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

Friends and I stayed in the attached bungalows for 5 nights (recommendation as well). We had breakfast, lunch, dinner and drinks-only there multiple times. You sit right on the beach just a stone-throw away from the water eating delicious treats. It was always tasty and good. Especially the chicken curry was one of our favorites, the spring rolls were great too so was the stir fried rice etc. The restaurant/bar closes at 10:30pm.

The people - caring and considerate, always helpful and fun to talk to.
Thx again Bic and team for the wonderful time we spend with you guys. Tell Greg we say HI.

1 Thank SteffenMF

• Finnish first
  • Vietnamese first
“good food, small quantity”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

food was good (went there twice in 4 days), but you could easily take 2 dishes! which will lead you to an expensive meal for the island.
service was slow but it's part of the farniente.

• Visited January 2014
Murcia
“Disappointed !”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The 1st time we went after reading TA reviews, the food was fantastic, we went back again a couple of nights later, my husbands meal was again lovely but unfortunately mine was very salty. We thought ok third time lucky, everything should be good again, but this time my husbands pork was tough and chewy and my meal was not the best. Also on the last evening the service was very slow, we tried to get somebody to explain about the meals but in the end gave up and left. After the first visit, when all the staff were very attentive, then the last visit, we were let down.

Ngô B, Front Office Manager at Phuong Binh House, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear all readers,

I'm Bic from Phuong Binh House.

First at all, I want to say somethings to Tripadvisor's members and readers.
I'm really sorry to all of our guests who have been at Phuong Binh House - Restaurant and reviewed about us because I did not respond to you all.
I've checked my inbox everyday but could not respond your really nice reviews to us. I want to say that we really care of your feedbacks and thank you very much for your all good reviews on tripadvisor.

This is a family business so we try our best to this job. I'm now working 18 hours a day and it's almost the same to our colleagues who working 14 - 16 hours a day. So I could not respond all of your feedbacks. I think that our guests who spent the time at our place did see how hard working we did and still doing. Phuong Binh and me really hope to have your sympathy about this.

Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feedback.
We really want to say and explain somethings.
First, We really sorry for your unhappy time at Phuong Binh restaurant. The problem was the tast of food what was going down anytime you had food at our restaurant and the service was slow. With this problem the only thing we can do now is saying sorry.
But If we realize this problem right a way when you were here, we're sure that we would try our best to improve it. You know that the food tast maybe can not be the same all the time. If it was salty, we would love to know and make another one to replace immediately.
We didn't know that it gonna be to busy like now, 80 guests at the restaurant at the same tim with a little kitchen and may be 2 or 3 groups still waiting outside to get the space for dinner. Especially in Christmas time and New year. We are now staying in trouble with the scale of the restaurant. And we are trying to organize everything. Hopefully everything can be better soon.
So thank you very much for your feedback, you was dissapointed, it means we get more then that dissapointed.

We hope to have a chance to see you and sevre you again at our restaurant.
Thank you so much and Happy New Year!

Best regards from Phuong Binh House.
La Foye de Vinax
“Best place to eat on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

We had 8 days on Phu Quoc and ate 90% of our meals here! Great food, all freshly prepared and cooked. Friendly staff and very reasonable prices. The music is very enjoyable as well!! A wonderful place to sit and watch the world go by whilst enjoying a cold 333 and listening to great music!

La Foye
“Great Beach Bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

My wife & I spent 9 days in Phu Quoc at Cassia Cottages just down the beach. Our daily routine involved walking up and down the beach and calling in at the bar for a drink or lunch or dinner.

There is a great choice and the food is very tasty. If you want it hotter or spicier just ask. All incredible value for money!

The owners are very hard working and are very helpful.

Greg the resident "Music Maestro" keeps everyone well entertained with a very eclectic selection of music.