“Phu Quoc Prison - I proud it”
Review of Phu Quoc Prison

Phu Quoc Discovery - The North
$138.00*
Thom and Dam Ngang Islands Snorkeling Day Tour from Duong Dong
Reviewed October 1, 2012

when I witness Phu Quoc Prison, I had been listen about historical Phu Quoc Prison . So I admire Vietnam people. They're courageous. Tour guide give a lot of informations about this. I can understand a part of Vietnam heroic.

There are newer reviews for Phu Quoc Prison

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Today is the 8th day I have been traveling at Phu Quoc. Just wondering where to start... uhmm maybe better started by my friends Minsk the one along with me exploring :

A friend of mine gave me this scooter to help me figure out how spectacular the island is. on the first impression of my journey was food and beach,I have been to the wild beautiful beach name Bai Sao and the Prison which is not really impressed me much because most of the heritage was destroyed and what they have now is 20% of the reality. i kept going further to the prison and found out an amazing beach name Bai Kem, it was just amazing not only the calm landscape but the delicious fresh see food ever, here I had Goi ca Trich ( Sardinella Fish Roll) and Mantis shrimp, the interesting thing here was you could buy all these seafood right after the fish man catch and brought back to here. Another place I would like to recommend is Ham Ninh Village. It is a pity if you have not pass to there, the Sea Crab which they catch from here is the most delicious one that I have had. Just not to forget to buy some Ruou Sim (berry wine) only here we have.

Coffee shop: the must visit is Home Sweet Home right at the corner of Duong Dong Town and the way to Ham Ninh.

A little thing to be aware is the road, infrastructure here still not really good but that is more fun to ride by bike isnt it? The worst road I did was the way lead to Bai Dai(Long Beach), West of Phu Quoc, however I did enjoy along the way because of his charming, nature and sometimes bit of scary ^^

in conclusion, here is where you must visit suite for both leisure & adventure.

Reviewed July 7, 2012

We visited here as we passed on our scooter late June 2012, and found it a worthwhile visit but perhaps not worth going out of your way to. It does bring home some reality of a prison, and some of the information re-enforces the size and scale of the war, but its limited. Take the biased view for what it is, some of the english translations are amusing in their take on things, notwithstanding the horror of war itself. Its worth a 30 minute walk around if you have time.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

worth a visit but very biased as you would expect. they forget to mention the things done to the americans when they were pow but hey. we visit the tunnels last year when in vietnam and that was also very biased. dont need to stay long but it is very interesting and pretty biased

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Stopping here was part of a day tour. The display focuses on the various methods of torture used on prisoners with models demonstrating them. It's sad and gruesome reminder of what people did (and sometimes still do) to each other in the name of war.