“Delicious,100% Recommend eating here!”
Review of Mondo Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Mondo Restaurant & Lounge
Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: This is a fabulous, newly opened restuarant along the main road in Duong Dong, near the beach and many resorts. The food is all homemade, including the warm bread and jam! While we stayed in Phu Quoc, we noticed that many customers, including my wife and I, came back to this delightful place more than once. The Swedish owners and Vietnamese staff are friendly and welcoming and will do all they can to make your stay on the island a memorable one.
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Mondo's restaurant was were we eat every day during our stay in phu qouc, for western dishes of all sorts its delicious, breakfast ,lunch or dinner thi is your place. it is a family run place by a lovely swedish family and you really feel welcomed. meals are resonable ,affordable and you get a really good service.

Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

We had a great time visiting this place, the owner was amazingly friendly "Henna and her beautiful daughter Ella" and the food was excellent.

We had different tapas plates as starters and shrimp penne as main course. It was a feast!

I highly recommend this place, staff were friendly and attentive, food is excellent and reasonable prices.

1  Thank Arabianman
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I went there because the reviews were good and the price tag in TA was the lowest.
I should read the menu before I go in (which I always did afterwards).
So, first, this is a nice place, on the main street where all the resorts are located. That would explain (now I know) the high prices, despite the fact that you are in Vietnam.
There is lounge music playing (which I have not connected with eating, but ok) and sometimes you can hear some rock or other stuff from the place across the street.
Food is supposed to be some western but I was disappointed first from the price (you needed more than 10 Euros to eat properly) and then from the taste: Plain and uninteresting.
I ordered a lasse as a drink (about 2 Euro) and the first one was amazingly good, with small pieces of ice. I ordered a second and it was full of big chinks of ice and less yogurt.
If I compare it with the other places I went to in Dung Duong, this was the most expensive one and with the less satisfying food. You should go there only for the lounge feeling (if you are into it of course), which works ok despite the place being on the main street. You should also go there if you can't get over your little food/high price regular visit while at your (western) home.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

I liked my dinner so much that we went back the next night. The dessert selection was limited but the one and only dessert they served was really good.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

I came to Phu Quoc to enjoy my holiday. It is one of restaurant I went for dinner. Good foods, best service. The staffs are friendly. I had my best experience in Phu Quoc by the staffs here. I will be back here again.