“SERIOUSLY?” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mondo Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Mondo Restaurant & Lounge
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a fabulous, newly opened restuarant along the main road in Duong Dong, near the beach and many resorts. The food is all homemade, including the warm bread and jam! While we stayed in Phu Quoc, we noticed that many customers, including my wife and I, came back to this delightful place more than once. The Swedish owners and Vietnamese staff are friendly and welcoming and will do all they can to make your stay on the island a memorable one.
Milan, Italy
“SERIOUSLY?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2012

I've just had dinner at Mondo with my husband and I'm wondering where the positive feedbacks come from. We had main courses and tapas (meatballs, falafel, shrimp tempura, chicken nuggets, greek salad), we could not eat a single dish! The menu was a meaningless mix of international cliche-platters, most of which with preatty much the same taste: fried-frozen greasy mush. Perhaps our selection was unfortunate, however a number of dishes we selected for a start were not available (though in the list). Even the price was way too "international" for Vietnam. As per many other comments, the girls waiting are very attentive and helpful.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank LaG2012

Howden
“Nice food, would visit again”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

Me and my girlfriend travelled to Phu Quoc last year and visited this place.

Thought the food was nice and the atmosphere very nice, staff were friendly and welcoming.

Well priced as well, for food and drinks.

Visited September 2011
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Swedish owned Tapas & Wine on Phu Quoc Island, Vietnam?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

Who knew?
Although I love rice, noodles and beer, after 10 weeks in South East Asia I was craving something different. I spotted the Tapas & Wine sign outside this small restaurant and couldn't resist..although having sampled Vietnamese Dalat wine I wasn't sure if this was a sensible decision. I am happy to say I'd made the right choice. The menu had enough variety to warrant a second visit and the house red was cheap and cheerful (I think it was South African). They had run out of Halloumi but my second choice of lamb with goats cheese more than made up for it. The atmosphere was chilled and casual and as with every restaurant I have visited on my recent travels the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Bendles
Adelaide, Australia
“Great food!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Mondo was one of our favourite places to eat with a great food and friendly helpful staff. The menu is very varied, the tapas are fantastic.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank sid s
Aarhus, Denmark
“Microwaved??”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

We had dinner there one nigth and didn't thought it was some special, but we still have tasted worst in Spain.. The ratatouille was really watery.. Maybe it was frozen and microwaved?? But it was good seasoned with spices. Same same with the patatas alioli which not even "Patatas Ailoli".. The lamb was okay and looked really good, but where served half warm.. We also got some marinated shrimps in garlic and chilli, which was top fresh! But they didn't taste of so much even do they had big slices of chilli and in the serving bowl.. Here is a free food tip: marinated always meat at lest 1-2 hours before cocking it..

We were here in the high season as the resorts call it (not peak season), but at the restaurant they call it low season... I don't no.. But anyways this should NOT be an excuse for not serving the full food and wine menu! Then make a low season menu..

Probs to the sweet waitresses, that at where unst about how long the house wine (win from box) had been opent, and a good service.

If you really are craving for Tapas, then it is okay.. But if you are a food lover like me, then don't exspekt so much..

But we think that it is a really good "try" by the owners, because it is not easy to make the kind of food here on the island!

We love the atmosphere :)

• 2 of 5 bubbles