“Crap food full stop .... 2/10”
Review of Oasis - CLOSED

Oasis
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Went here 4 simple nothing fancy food , its Hard to make macaroni cheese or a grilled chicken salad bad but they did.
Tofu n stir fried veg eatable, chicken salad wiv dressing awful .very Dry n dressing crap. Was dreading my main of Cordon bleu (chicken with ham inside with cheese sauce n mushrooms) n wasnt disappointed.
Crap. Everything. Chicken must b frozen. Mac n cheese was watery n tasted of garlic n lacked cheese , sauce curdled.
Choc cake edible ,
Atmosphere ok , service normal, prices high for quality in offer. Pool room at back n tv 4 fball.
Wud not recommend to any1. Wish we never found the restaurant after trying 15mins to find !

2  Thank Ryan C
There are newer reviews for Oasis

Reviewed January 29, 2012

As an ex resident I can only say how good the food is.The service is good as well with most of the staff understanding English.Mr.Sin must be the best on the island.Always made to feel welcome with such a good atmosphere.The owner (English) is a leg end.I will miss not having the lasagne and the chicken cordon bleu which is the best on the island.I should know, I am a chef by trade.Good luck, Steph you're doing a grand job.

Reviewed January 27, 2012

I had breakfast here practically every day of my week in Phu Quoc. The initial attraction is that their WiFi seemed to be always working. (Not the case everywhere else). But I kept coming back for the poached eggs, bacon and toast. I know it sounds simple, but it can be done so horribly wrong as well. I had plenty of "crap" breakfasts in Vietnam, but Oasis do a great job.

Reviewed January 21, 2012

Every couple of evenings we made a point of stopping here-so my husband could watch the footie & I could have the delicious addictive chocolate cake ( home cooked) or huge pancakes washed down with the coconut milkshake.... after spending 4 wks eating the most delicious seafood in Vietnam it was nice just to mix it up & have some western food.
It's run by an English guy who is really friendly & always makes us feel most welcome.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We actually had breakfast here a couple of times which was fine, nothing outstanding though.

When we had dinner here though while agin the food was fine (pies were actually very good), the service wan't - when we went in the european manager/owner didn't exactly seem pleased - wasn't just us he had the same grumpy attitude to the people that came in just after us.

While the place was far from full we actually got asked if we wanted to pay before we'd actually finished eating. Strange, only reason that I can think of for this is that they were showing English football later in the evening and he wanted everyone to have finished eating before it started.

My advice would be to either go somewhere else (there's lots around) or go on a non-football evening when you may get better service