Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc
$90
Agoda.com
$118
$110
Saigon Phu Quoc Resort(Phu Quoc Island)
$90
$186
$175
Mango Bay Resort(Phu Quoc Island)
$64
$52
$46
$150
$147
Orbitz.com
Famiana Resort & Spa(Cua Lap)
$74
$62
Agoda.com
$56
1,131 results
All reviewsjacuzzi villainfinity poolbeach frontoutdoor baththe general managerhomemade jamsour honeymoonsecond rowprivate beachperfect endwatching the sunsetturn down serviceperfect place to relaxeach eveningvietnamese dishesnight marketlittle touches
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We stayed at the Chen Sea in April for four nights after spending two at the La Veranda Hotel which is south of the town. The Chen Sea is located north of the island and on a very nice beach - much better than the one at La Veranda which has a problem with trash being washed up.

Having moved from La Veranda to the Chen Sea I was initially struck by a couple of things - Chen Sea has more space than La Veranda. The staff at the Chen Sea do not have the level of English that is needed to deal with international clientele. The rooms are a nice size - although rough around the edges!

I agree with earlier reviews of the food - it is dull. The vietnamese food lacked flavour, complexity and was boring. I tried the western food - pizza - and again found the same problem. I mentioned this in my feedback form when I was leaving the resort. I think that for the price that is charged this represents poor value for money. The food is the weakest link in this hotel. The food is excellent at the Veranda compared to Chen Sea.

The pool is a nice size and is well kept. There is a fantastic restaurant outside the resort - SOKURA - run by a very nice Vietnamese lady that speaks excellent English - it is a five minute bike or taxi ride from the hotel and is a must if you are staying at this resort.

I have read the manager's response to a previous review and think that the point should be taken on board rather than being defensive and rude. I sincerely hope that the points will be taken as if the issues with the food were dealt with this resort would get a much higher rating overall.

1  Thank reybro
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2012

Dear reybro,

Thank you for your helpful comments, and first and foremost I would like to apologize if you have found me being defensive and rude.
We have taken all comments into consideration and this is, among other tools, the reason why we have been able to improve, though we know we still have a lot to do.
If more and more guests find our food excellent it is because we have improved. We offer a wide choice. When you came in April we had the Buffet (including on rotation a full Vietnamese Buffet), our Dinner Menu and the permanent possibility to order what you wish to our Chef. Why didn’t you try our Vietnamese Signature Menu cooked by our Vietnamese Chef Thao? I am sorry as well that you didn’t like your Pizza, we would have known at the Management level, not only we would not have charged you, but our Chef would have redone it for you. Now we are doing the food tasting for our new Menu which will come out in June. We could not do it during the High Season and we promised it for the beginning of the Monsoon.

True, Sakura is a good restaurant and the Owner is a great Lady with amazing stories to tell. I had lunch there few times and we suggest it to our Guests who wish a more traditional experience. Also true that she speaks a perfect English, as she married an English speaking man. As I said earlier in a previous answer, we have hired an English Teacher for 3 months, who will handle all our employees, everyday for 3 months starting the 15th of June.

Dear reybro, we do take all comments into consideration and we talk about it during our daily briefing, we set up objectives to rectify so to keep improving.

Thank you again for your time and we hope that when you will come back, at least you will try our new menu.

Reviewed May 13, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the end of April at chensea and had a wonderful time. This is not a place where there are things to 'do'. It's perfect as a getaway for peace, quite and wonderful food. The reception helped us hire a bike for a ride around the island. Ride only if you are good at riding for the roads aren't for the timid.

The resort is well maintained. The rooms are good. The mattress is soft, ceilings high and the shower a delight. The food at the restaurant is wonderful. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner everyday. The bar serves up good cocktails and great French fries! Bestest place to sack out, do nothing for a couple of days :) the Managers cocktail evening every thurday is a good way to meet other people in the resort. They left a bedtime story and chocolates every night. The careful yet friendly service and the interaction with the staff went a long way in making the trip most memorable.

Hello to Olivier, Jurgen and Eric. We'll be back. Hopefully sometime soon!

Dear SunnyP_1979,

Thank you very much for your nice comments. It is encouraging, especially a day when another guest expressed his disliking of our Food.
We just have to keep up with our efforts and ensure consistency.

It seems as well that you have enjoyed what other guests described as the Chen Sea Experience, and this is so much the spirit.

I like when you say that “the roads are not for the timid”… Smile. Indeed and I shall never stop to encourage prudence to all our adventurous guests who enjoy going around freely at will.

Thank you for taking the time to express your comments.
We hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,
Olivier, your GM at the Chen Sea Resort & Spa, Centara Boutqie Collection.

Reviewed May 9, 2012

Our first impressions of the hotel were WOW!!! the grounds were landscaped immaculately and after the hustle bustle of HCMC and Hanoi it was nice to see space. Our sea View Villa was lovely and spacious. The bathroom with the sunken bath was amazing (not that we used it). We had an outdoor shower cubicle as well as indoor. The bed was huge. our pool/jacuzzi was small so we ended up at the main infinity pool. The best feature in the room was the covered outdoor area where you could sit in the shade if it rained (which it did for the 3 days we were there). The only issue I had was with the food. Being a vegetarian, I found my choices were really limited. Breakfasts were good with a huge variety. They have a fast boat that takes you to night market etc, but because of the weather we didnt get to use this service. The beach itself is clean and well looked after. Would I recommend this hotel - yes :)

Room Tip: family villas do have bigger pools.
1  Thank Buds46
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2012

Dear Buds46,

Thank you for your comments and as I said to another guest commenting on this forum, we are tasting the new Menu and there will be a full page of yummies for our Vegetarian guests. This being said even our Chef could have done a veg curry just for you.

But soon this issue will be resolved.
You didn’t come a long time ago because we had to stop the speedboat not so long ago. When the Sea is too rough with the Monsoon, no way to use it.
It would be way too dangerous and really not very comfy.

We thank you for your recommendation and hope to welcome you again.

Kind regards,
Olivier, Your GM at the Chen Sea Resort & Spa, Centara Boutique Collection.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

We stayed at the Chen Sea Resort for five nights to relax and unwind, and the Chen Sea gave us the perfect place to do this. The hotel is located a little out of town and is so peaceful and relaxing with amazing facilities. We stayed in a jacuzzi suite and ended up spending a lot of our days in our private courtyard, lazing on the daybeds.. The staff are so friendly and accommodating, going out of thier way to make sure you have a comfortable stay. I had an unfortunate accident on a bike while I was there and needed medical attention. The staff at the resort made all the arrangements and Jurgen, the head chef even came to the doctors with me to ensure all was ok. We will definitely be heading back, hopefully in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RosieInHanoi

Dear RosieInHanoi,

And this is why I say to all my guests, pleeeeaaaasssseeeeee take a cab!!!!!
I really hope you will recover quickly.
We have many guests resident in Vietnam. I tell them not to take a bike here even if used to it in Hanoi or Saigon.
Pity indeed as your stay was so satisfactory.
Please contact me directly when you plan to come back, I shall take care.

Reviewed May 6, 2012

We recently held our Wedding with over 90 guests travelling from Australia, China and the UK to attend our Wedding at Chen Sea Resort and Spa. The day was perfect with a gorgeous sunset and the fullest and brightest moon ever seen, to cap off an unforgettable day with our family and friends here in paradise. Our ceremony was held under the palms, cocktails and champagne flowed on the deck and the reception by the beach was certainly a "Wow Factor" with the food, the service and the display truly amazing! This will remain a talking point with our family and friends for many years to come...and we cannot thank Chef Jurgen and the team at Chen Sea enough for ensuring our wedding, easter and birthday celebrations in paradise were an unforgettable and incredible experience! Thank you

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Olivier P P, General Manager at Chen Sea Resort & Spa Phu Quoc, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2012

Dear Steph, dear N,

Thank you for commenting on your Wedding Party. We do appreciate and this has been conveyed to all our employees.
It has been a challenge to satisfy as much as possible all your requirements and we came very close to it.
We thank you as well for having accepted some little changes to make our work a bit more easier.

It is true that I promised you the Mother of all Buffets, as I knew that Jurgen would deliver. I am so glad that all your guests loved it.

It is the second Wedding Party that I am involved in, and we are becoming specialised.

Thank you for your trust and thank you for chosing us.

Kindest regards,