Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Travelocity$8
Hotels.com$8
Orbitz.com$8
Tripadvisor$8
FindHotel
Trip.com
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The hotel's exterior is a bit shabby and the staff are rather disinterested, if anything, so service is 'average'. Nevertheless, the rooms are reasonable enough value at from 320 baht (US$10-15) per night, so I shouldn't really grumble. The restaurant is basic, but reasonable enough. Its main selling point is that it is a short walk away from the railway station, Big C, a 7-11 and a few local temples.

Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank IHunsch
Reviewed May 16, 2012

It's very good, cheap mid-range hotel with free wi-fi, very helpful, pleasant staff and good view to the city. The city itself is off the beaten tourist track which is exciting, because we had a chance to see how real Thailand looks like. It was very different from other touristic places we have visited

Date of stay: April 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
4  Thank Meshkis
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I stayed here with my girlfriend while wandering around thailand. We ended up in the thai hotel after arriving in the city - a city with very few hotels and western food outlets which was nice to see. The hotel staff were super friendly even if English was not commonly spoken (I only saw 2 other foreigners in my 3 days in the city).

The rooms were large, they had a good food menu and im giving it a 5 star rating based on the price and location

Date of stay: August 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank jamesozzie
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The Thai Hotel is easy to find, it rises up from the wholesale/market area between Nakhon Si Thammarat station and the main road, Ratchadamnoen, with highly visible signage.

I arrived in need of a good night's sleep and asked reception if they had a quiet room. Although I was politely told no, this is a city hotel with city noise, I decided to take a chance and was glad I did. A giant bed awaited my small son and I (although it is two beds pushed together it was really comfortable) and the room looked out over the top of the market (just a bunch of roofs, nothing to see there) and part of a temple - really quiet at night and only distant traffic sounds.

Oh - there are a few hospitals nearby so you do get ambulances sirens often. Since we were there to visit a family member in hospital I found it strangely reassuring. And you'll probably hear the call to prayer from the mosque - I went to sleep and woke up by it.

Staff are welcoming, though the restaurant is a bit Fawlty Towers. The western-style breakfasts aren't much and the juices were heavily salted and undrinkable, but the Thai food is good. Room service is a bonus too.

The decor is dated but I liked it - 80s art deco? Enough space to roll out a yoga mat, a desk and chair to work at, plenty of cupboard space and a comfy sofa. TV yes, fridge/kettle no.

Oh yes, and there's something interesting on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the hotel but as per post below maybe I shouldn't give it away.

I'm writing this from another hotel around the corner, thought I'd try it out, but I'll be moving back to Thai Hotel tomorrow.

Oh, one other great thing about Thai Hotel is its proximity to Hao cafe and Nang-Len cafe across the street in Bovorn Bazaar. The Fuji store is a cheap place to get photos printed and there's Thai massage just behind it. Thai Hotel is also a 20 baht motorbike ride to Ocean department store.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank 12042012d
Reviewed August 9, 2011

Did not see any of the other hotel options in town, but am quite happy about his Place. Staff is friendly, although their English isn't great. Rooms are clean and cleaned daily if you want them to. The ac rooms are good value for money for 450 baht. If you stay here, be sure to press the 2 or 3 button in the elevator at least once. Presented quite a surprise to me!

Date of stay: August 2011