“Well maintained historical park”

Prasat Hin Phimai (Phimai Historical Park)
More attraction details
Owner description: This 12th-century temple is similar in structure to Angkor Wat.
Brisbane, Australia
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Well maintained historical park”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Having visited Angkor Wat several times, I wasn't sure if I really wanted to visit more Khmer ruins. It really does not compare however I was very glad that I did make the trip Phimai to see the historical park of Khmer ruins. The park is well maintained, the museum didn't seem to have a lot to see. One thing that Thailand does so much better than Cambodia is provide toilets at places like this. If you get the place to yourself, no tourist buses, then it is very nice and relaxing. The town of Phimai is also very delightful and is about an hour by bus from Korat. Not too many foreign tourists visit this place as while I was there I was the only person in the guest house and only saw one other foreign couple. However, there were quite a few tourists buses, probably on a day trip - both foreigners and Thai's.

Visited November 2013

• Thai first
County Dublin, Ireland
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Pleasant half-day trip from Korat”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We came to Phimai on a half day trip from Korat (an hour and a half bus ride from the bus station) and we really enjoyed it. It wasn't crowded so we could wander around in peace which made it for a really pleasant experience.

The park is small enough and well maintained. Unfortunately, the museum was closed when we were there but the walk around the ruins was sufficient for us to be happy with what we saw.

Visited October 2013
Singapore
286 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 506 helpful votes
“A great piece of history on display”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Visited this place and I must say that its not crowded compared to the other historical sites all over the world. As such, one can slowly stroll around the park and take fantastic pictures (no people in the background). There are food and beverage stalls surrounding the historical sites and thus, easy for someone to refresh themselves.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank alanyeo76
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Well worth visiting”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I was staying in Pak Chong with my family and found Prasat Hin Phimai on trip advisor. I took my children there for the day and we enjoyed the experience. We haven't been to Ankor Wat yet so I don't have any comparison in terms of size. I found it really so different from visiting Ayutthaya. There weren't the usual crowds but there were only a few foreigners amongst the many locals.

Visited July 2013
Lisbon, Portugal
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Enjoy a travel back in time”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

I was really glad to travel to Phimai, and see this very beautiful historical place, from the time of Old Khmer Empire. It is really worth to go there. It is not far from Korat, just about maybe 60 kms away on the way to Khon Khaen. Its a unique place in Thailand, and I really advice you to go there, because you will enjoy this ancient town, that reminds you the kind of architecture of Old Khmer Empire.

Visited October 2012