“Great restaurant”
Review of Dusty Gecko

Dusty Gecko
Ranked #4 of 27 Restaurants in Khanom
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Nice and easygoing restaurant with excellent food, cold drinks and good music. Pool table, Darts, Free Internet and WIFI, motorbike rental and trips.Local information and Taxi service.Near 7/11 and Tesco LotusDaily specials from talented european chef.Welcome to Khanom Also we have 4 beautiful fully furnished private houses for rent.
Reviewed March 8, 2013

We were recommended to go to this restaurant and were not disappointed. The food is excellent and not expensive try the pulled pork wonderful,and Mickys smoked Snapper we will see you next time a great find.

1  Thank AllyBangkok

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I usually eat Thai food while in Thailand but in Dusty Gecko I go for western food and especially the chefs specials like slowly cooked pulled pork with delicious pepper sauce and home made Sacher cake. Every dish I had was really well made from good ingredients. Every dish was really thought after starting from special spice mix for french fries.

And it's not just the food, Miki and his staff really look after you and make sure you have nice evening. I liked to hang out after dinner with a few beers and Miki's cocktails playing pool and just hanging out.

The value you get when dining at Dusty Gecko is probably the best I ever had.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

having been in khanom for 7 months i founf this restaurant by accident whilsy walking past,so i decided to call in for a drink,i was served by a smiling fin called miki,very sociable as was the bar girl who is called da,i had a cheap cold leo and decided to order from the extensive menu,whilst deciding to order miki brought me a sample of his home made pate on home n=made brown wholemeal bread,i hate pate and i hate wholemeal bread,but not any more it was exquisite,i ordered the large cheese burger with potato wedges and side salad,to say it was wonderful is to easy,the food was excellent,i have been back since to try his fish,which is a dish i dont like but miki makes your taste buds just tingle,since my last visit it has become so popular that miki has had to take on another bar girl called nong,yet another sweet beautiful person.I would recomment this to anyone who is thinking of visiting Khanom.A piece of paradise in South Thailand.

1  Thank alan7554
Reviewed January 14, 2013

My story not only soothes the palet, but will reinforce the fact there are still wonderful, sincere and caring people in this world......Setting.....I am in Khanom, about 5 km away from my hotel, late on a Saturday night.....motorcycle tire gets destroyed by a nail....I ask a local where to find a repair shop to be told that all repair shops are closed till the morning. I limp my bike down to the Dusty Gecko, where I had intended on eating anyway, and walked in to be greeted with a big smile by Mikko, a 5 star Finnish chef, and a warm human being. I introduce myself and share my situation. No sooner do I finish and his lovely waitress Da extends an open hand and asks for my key to the bike. She says she has a friend and says she can knock on his door and he will open and help her out. In a spot of bother, I say thank you and hope for the best. I give her a few hundred baht and off she goes.

Meanwhile, Mikko serves me a cold beer Leo and we have a pleasant chat. He asks what I want and I said I had heard great things about his pizza (and it was but the next day for lunch). He offered me a smoked white snapper with a light lime hollendaise sauce, creamy mashed potatoes and a crisp salad.....This was the best, I repeat, THE BEST, fish I have eaten in years, and I eat a lot of fish......Mikko actually inquired if everything was ok because I was eating so slowly to which I replied, " Mikko, it's just so delicious, I don't want it to ever be finished!"......Truer words never spoken......Mikko and his staff could impress any food crititc you can find, and their down to earth, casual approach makes the atmosphere so inviting....Da returned with my bike as good as new, and handed me change...she could have charged me anything and I would have happily paid under the circumstances......I tried to tip her several times as the night progressed but she was content that she had helped a "new friend" out of trouble.

The next day, i delayed my departure by 2 hours until the Dusty Gecko opened again so I could enjoy the pizza; tremendous and healthy! Mikko also served up some Crocodile kabobs with a brilliant green apple/garlic mayonnaise....unbelievably delicious!!!!.......

I have travelled extensively and the Dusty Gecko's food, along with Mikko and his staff, are at the top of my list for quality everything! DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO EAT AT THE DUSTY GECKO IN KHANOM.....cheers, Darren "Bullet" Moren, Canada

1  Thank Bullethead1965
Reviewed January 10, 2013

High quality scandinavian dishes created by Finnish Chef, in a genuine atmosphere of Thai village. Note: Dusty Gecko burgers are phenomenal!

1  Thank Surffileidi