“Beautiful boat ride and falls!!”
Review of Pagsanjan Falls

Pagsanjan Falls Day Tour from Manila
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Pagsanjan
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beautiful boat ride and falls!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

First you start off with a nice "canoe" ride along a river, stopping for a break and some bbq chicken on the way. Once you get to the falls, you can take a bamboo raft under the falls and swim in the water. An unforgetable experience!!

Visited December 2012

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“amazing experience :)”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

This is my first "shooting the rapid" experience with the help of a boatman ofcourse, and i had fun. The scenery is breathtaking (for me though, 'coz i do love seeing the wonders of nature). Specially when at the end of the boat trip you will see the infamous falls.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank mitzsaints
67 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 68 helpful votes
“Magnificent scenery of jungle waterfalls.”
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

A canoe is being powered up the rapids by 2 hardworking boatmen as we took in the sight of towering jungle walls on either side of the river. At the end a magnificent waterfall awaited us. Taking a bamboo raft through the waterfall to a cave behind it added a touch of wet adventure. A delightful day's excursion from Manila.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Harry R
Manila, Philippines
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 227 helpful votes
“Pagsanjan Falls via the Vertical Trek in Cavinti - Must Try!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Our Pagsanjan Falls adventure is a spur of the moment thing. We visited Kamay ni Hesus in Quezon, and wanting to seek some adventure, we went straight to El Pueblo, Cavinti to try the vertical trek to the falls. Since we did not come prepared, we have to make a stopover in the town’s market to buy a change of clothes.

We went last June, and aside from our group of 4, there are 2 others who joined us. There are 3 tour guides who accompanied us to the trek. We were given harness for the whole duration.

After reading numerous posts in TA where people shamelessly ask for tips for the shoot the rapids adventure, I am delightfully surprised that our guides never once mentioned about tips. They are so accommodating to our questions, waited patiently for us when we get tired, and never ran out of stories to entertain us.

The steel ladder trek started at the statue of El Pueblo. If you don’t want to climb the ladder, you have the option to rappel down, which is definitely easier and faster. The trek is very tiring especially on the way back where you have to climb up to where you came from.

The falls is amazing. We rode on a raft to reach the Devil’s Cave. Other tourists wore helmets to protect their heads from the waterfalls, but I don’t think it’s necessary because the real thrill is when you first feel the wind and mist of the falls followed by the thunderous crash of the water as they fall into you! It really is AMAZING! Once you entered the cave, you can swim leisurely, and enjoy the spectacular scene.

I never regretted taking the Cavinti route to reach Pagsanjan Falls, partly because it’s way cheaper than the other option, and partly because we got honest and friendly guides.

Visited June 2013
5 Thank tansally
WWW
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Be prepared to be bugged for tips”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Maybe I was expecting too much but the Falls left me a little cold (literally and figuratively).

Yes, you will get wet (that is to be expected) but if you are looking for the thrills of riding the rapids with the highs that you get with roller coaster rides, you would be disappointed. Our boatmen (there were 2, one at each end) avoided the rapids as much as they could, citing danger, which left us wondering, especially when we saw the 2 or 3 boats ahead of us gliding through without issue.

And throughout the entire expedition, one of the boatmen keep up his refrain for tips, when he helped me in and out of the boat, or even when rowing (turning back to make the request!). It did not matter that I was gazing up at the waterfalls, or trying to find my footing while getting in and out of the boat or snapping a picture, that incessant request for money was constantly directed at me.

I was not even let off after I changed out of my wet clothes; I was followed into the dining room of the resort from which we got the boatmen and asked shamelessly for tips. We eventually changed our minds about eating lunch at the resort to avoid being harassed during our meal.

We paid PHP1375 each for the ride.

Visited August 2013