Open today: 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM

from $99.00
More Info
from $138.00
More Info
All reviews the river boat ride bamboo raft day trip per person per head work hard el salvador beautiful scenery an adventure fun experience great adventure small cave waterproof camera halo halo main waterfall starting point
Selected filters
Reviewed October 2, 2012

it was the worse experience I have ever encountered. I don't know if it was even worth it. It may be a sight to see but I now feel it's not worth what you have to go thru to get there. Aside from the initial fee, you are subjected to a lot of force tipping. From the boat man that should have brought their own water and now I'm being forced to have to purchase energy drink for then have to feed and at the end of the trip, is asking for a $60.00 tip. IN DOLLARS? REALLY? Then there's the other boatmen when you get to the fall and when you get back the Photographer, some guy who said he watched your car while we were away. We were surrounded by all these men asking for money. It was too much, not to mention scary. I would never go there again and would not even recommend that place to anyone.

Date of experience: September 2012
13  Thank bethiehester
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I wasn't very happy paying P1,000.00 for a boat ride to Pagsanjan Falls. We saw the ads around that it is the standard rate both for us Filipinos and my Korean friends. we pulled some strings and got a discount though not that much.
The water was moss green and didn't look inviting. I just learned to appreciate the surrounding when we were nearing the first falls. Our boatmen worked hard through the rapids. I know it's their job but I couldn't help but feel for them.
I don't know but the butterflies looked very different in there. They were quite exotic.

Date of experience: October 2011
3  Thank anne_rainne
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We visited Pagsanjan Falls and didn't expect what adventure we had to experience. We took a dugout canoe boat with two expert boatmen. When we got to the 1st rapid we found out that we had to go thru 16 total rapids. The boatmen carried us to go thru the difficult rapids. It was thrilling, fun and a bit scary. We knew that we were safe on the whole trip. When we got to the Pagsanjan Falls we took the flat bamboo boat to get inside the cave of the Pagsanjan Falls. It was awesome! We totally got wet! The boatmen deserve good tips. The scenery is absolutely beautiful with 2 small waterfalls, mountains and different formation of rocks. We also found out that the movie, "Apocalypse Now" (1979) was filmed in Pagsanjan Falls. It's definitely a fantastic trip and worth every penny!

Date of experience: July 2012
5  Thank Rosejingle
Reviewed July 21, 2012

You are transported to the Pagsanjan Falls by two boatmen who navagate narrow, shallow, rocky areas. Most of the time they are half way outside the canoe-like vessel pushing the banca boats past large rocks. It is a rough, wet time but definitely a highlight! Once you reach the falls, you leave your boat to pile on a bamboo raft to go up to and under the falls. And when I say "pile" you on the raft, the raft is literally loaded so that it is a good 2 inches UNDER water. Safety standards that would NEVER pass in the United States. I was a little annoyed and distrubed by this at the time, but once back in the hotel and even back home, I laugh at the experience.

Would I do it again. For sure!

Date of experience: January 2012
2  Thank LizaKline
Reviewed July 5, 2012

You can reach the waterfall via shooting the rapids which costs 1,350php per head that includes life vest, boat ride with 2 boatmen (3 people per boat), entrance fee, and the water raft ride to devil’s cave. Just get ready for chances that boatmen will charge you an exorbitant tip, usually 200 and up which according to them is for their hardwork in controlling the boat from the rapids. Since we’re on a budget and can’t spare thousand of pesos for just a day trip, we ended up taking vertical way to Pagsanjan falls. It can be done through trekking and rappelling from the starting point in Pueblo El Salvador Natures Park & Picnic grove at the town of Cavinti. However, before taking the Pagsanjan falls via Cavinti way make sure that you are in good shape, without medical condition such as heart problem or asthma, ready to face long walk to almost 500 steps of steel and two times rappelling since it’s the same way you will pass through back to Pueblo.

The trek to the falls takes an hour or two depending on your speed. Along the way you will be greeted by lush greenery and tall trees that can somehow alleviate your sweat. After 30 minutes of trekking down the quite muddy path we reached the statue of El Salvador del Mundo, a mark that the next pace will be 600 steel steps down and two times rappelling. From here you will be equipped with safety harness. After sweating out and challenging our endurance, we finally see what we’re looking for. The magnificent Pagsanjan falls.

Tour to Pagsanjan falls is not complete without experiencing the raft ride. Tourists will be asked to board the bamboo rafts and rafters will pull the rope up to the big falls.

After the thrilling raft ride, we rested for few minutes and prepared ourselves for another tiring climb back to Pueblo. We then asked some boatmen if they can take us to Pagsanjan town because we want to experience shooting the rapids but they charged us 1250php per boat which is equivalent to 400+ per head (3 pax per boat). For the reason that it’s out of our budget we decided to take the route up and since it’s a one way track to Pueblo we need to wait for our turn to go up as tourists coming down consecutively. Otherwise, use your convincing powers here so people-in-charge on the harness will prioritize you to ascend.

Date of experience: May 2012