“Delta Wing decent enough but many newer hotels to choose from.”

Subic International Hotel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Manila, Philippines
“Delta Wing decent enough but many newer hotels to choose from.”
Reviewed December 30, 2010

The Delta building of the hotel is not bad and not that old but the rooms still look tired. The airconditioning unit is powerful enough to cool the very big rooms. Beds are huge (2 Queens) but are very bouncy and prone to movement. The TV is also quite big and the channels are adequate. CR is clean enough save for molds in the ceiling, water is powerful and hot enough. Wireless internet costs P100 for an hour and P500 for 24 hours. Pool is clean and of an average size. If you have a car, location is great as it is near good restaurants and a very short drive to commercial establishments.

Overall it's a decent hotel but there are a lot of newer hotels in Subic to choose from.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Justin L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Reviewed August 21, 2010

I attended a seminar conducted in this hotel (Delta Building) and spent a night in one of their rooms. The hotel is small, just three floors, I think, and it looks tired, but it's nonetheless clean. The rooms are big, with two double beds but I find the rooms and the hallways quite dark. Maybe because there was only a handful of guests at the hotel, and it was off-season when we were there. So, of course, the hotel is quiet; it's great if you want to relax and rest. There's also a pool outside; it's small but it's clean and it's really quiet, though it's located at an intersection.

Outside the hotel, there's a chapel, and an establishment with restaurants and a Mini-Stop. Breakfast is served at the hotel lobby; not buffet but it's quite filling and satisfying. We took our lunch and dinner at the Golden Dragon restaurant, and we used the hotel shuttle to go there. The food is too costly for a menu that is just plain average.

As for the price, though, it's ok; the room I stayed in can accommodate up to four (4), so that's quite a bargain. In my case though, I was alone in my room.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank shuurei
Manila Philippines
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Contrary to previous reviews, Subic Int'l Hotel (Delta Bldg) is really a value for your money. The rooms are cozy, spacious and clean. The hotel staff are courteous and food is good too. My family will definitely come back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank JenMlaPhil
Dubai, UAE
Reviewed June 12, 2010

Stayed with my fiance last May, if we had enough time would have gone to Boracay or Puerto Galera.
The hotel was okay, was actually dissapointed when we saw that it was an old hotel. We didnt had enough to time to choose where to go only thinking to have a much needed romatic time together where beach and romance is involved. Since subic is the nearest I can think of. I've asked an agent to make the arrangements.
First thing that tick me off is the way the reception looked at us-asian with a western guy lol! But decided to ignore it as to not ruin our time there. If I was in one my moods I would have made a big fuss about it and gone completely diva on them lol!
The room that we were expecting to be a dissapointment was actually good. The bed as HUGE and room too. Bathroom and closets-everthing was huge. There was even a sofa an coffee table near the window.
Location was not so bad as well, its walking distance from the beach where u can take a banana boat ride or jet skiing. Also near shopping area where everything is expensive. And restaurant and bars nearby.
It wasnt too crowded day or night so we really enjoyed that romantic moment we had hoped for.
Its a quiet town compared to what we had In mind with is nightlife and beaches.
Overall it was okay.
I suggest u check the room first before u decide to stay like most of the guest does. We stayed at the Delta by the way.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mimozaph
Reviewed January 1, 2010

With the holiday season peak, it was indeed very hard to find a hotel anywhere. The regular hotels where we normally book were already full. So, we were very glad to know that Subic International Hotel can accommodate 22 of us despite the short notice. We booked in the Bravo block since it was more reasonably priced... or so we thought. When we got to the hotel it was nice like the one featured in their web page, we got ecstatic about it until were asked by the guard before getting off the van whether we booked in the Bravo block or the Delta block...since we were booked in the Bravo block we were then directed to another hotel building... there is nothing to rave about the Bravo block. It was old and musty and the lighting fixtures were not working the showerhead was rusty and we were afraid to put food inside the fridge because it too was rusty. The Convenience OUTLETS ARE 110Volts! wait there's more...old, stained bedding, there's no remote control for the tv, so you have to get up and change channels if you want to switch. The pool is in the Delta block so if you want to swim you have to go to the other building and hey the "olympic size" pool was not. My nieces and nephews who're swimmers really were disappointed by this as they were looking forward for a good swim. By the way the pool opens at 10 am and closes at 6 pm. Despite this lousy amenities, we were willing to just let it pass and just charge it to experience until the next morning...
We do understand that the hotel was swamped with guests but to make guests wait more than 40 minutes to be seated for breakfast and another 45 for their breakfast to be served is really beyond anyone's limit! and add to that the rude manner the staff handled the already irritated guests. I will never come back to this hotel nor recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank donzero

Travelers are raving about these Olongapo hotels

Reviewed January 4, 2009

I and my freind had a terrible stay at Subic International Hotel , the Delta building where the deluxe room were located. I expecting that it was a nice room but I was disappointed that i was an old dated hotel rooms. First we were headed to Room 801 but when we open the room, it was not yet ready so we were asked to moved to Room 811. Ok, the room was big but, very old, carpet are thread bare and you can see its gettinng dark from original color of light red. Bathroom was dirty, so basic, needs some more lightings, The worst was, they dont have a bath towels, so my friend went to the reception to ask for the towels because I was already in the shower that I can no longer get out of the room and ask for one. They only have hand towels, yes, readers only handtowels, My firend went back to the room, empty handed, they said that the laundry doesnt come back yet so they dont have the bath towels. Can you imagine a room charging 4000 pesos a night with no towels? That was rediculous. So, ok, I tried to dry myslef with the handtowels. In the morning, I had another shower and still there was no bath towls, so went to the reception and ask for the bath towels again, but still their reason was, the laundry did not come yet.

So we went for breakfast and whew! dirty place. I saw some cobwebs at the ceiling, dirty ceiling, right at the dining area. (Please see the photos of it). It was a rediculous experience , really. So people , beware of this Subic International Hotel, the delat building where the de luxe rooms are, I am not suprised the Bravo building will be worst than these where the Standard rooms are.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — dirty and old
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
3 Thank topman_lp
philippines
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Basically speaking, the hotel is only the old Subic Barracks Alpha, Bravo, Charlie redone with the old Navy Lodge added as Delta Barracks..

Before, most rooms were designed with 4 people accommodation.. The inital one was Alpha.. Delta was originally designed as a 4 person accommodation (two Queen Beds with a kitchenette unit..

Following the closure, the Navy Lodge was renovated (why? I do not know) and was then included in the International Hotel scheme of things..
Each of the other barracks were redone to accomplish individual rooms with individual bathrooms.. The central bathroom, a hold over from the Navy days, was elimated..

Genearlly speaking, the redue was basic.. The pool, old enlisted pool nearest the Delta group, is and has always been the bases general enlisted pool..

Although attempts to bring these places into the new era are evident.. Even from the outside, things have deteriorated..

Either the managements are not qualified or the base administration is not up to par..

perhaps they should take note of Microtels efforts in various parts of the RP..

Otherwise, nothing will improve..

Bill E

Stayed February 2003
1 Thank welderrm1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Subic Residencias
#5 of 18 in Olongapo
Subic Park Hotel
Subic Park Hotel
#13 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Subic International Hotel? Share your experiences!