“Huge property friendly staffs but smelly and no extra facilities”

Subic International Hotel
Ranked #18 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed January 16, 2013

On 20th to 22nd Dec i stayed at Subic hotel Delta Building with my 45 pax group. We booked this hotel through our Manila agent but when we checked in this hotel we found the hotel is disgusting smelly, Carpers were very dirty and there were no towels in some rooms Main thing is that there were no drinking water in the room we had to buy it form the hotel. Even we asked for adaptor (multiplug) to charge the mobile they didn't provide us we had to buy it form Harbor point. Wifi card was very expensive 100 pesos for 1 hour or 500 pesos for 24 hours. Breakfast was also not very good but staffs were friendly and location is good and peaceful.I have informed the same to our Manila agent not to book this hotel in future for our group.

Room Tip: if you want to stay away form noice and if you are budget traveller
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Subic International Hotel

Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked this hotel through Agoda and it said they had a pool, babysitting and a gym, none of which was true. They said they could shuttle us to a pool on the other side of town at their other hotel. For the gym, they said it was in a massage parlor and was opened from 1pm to 1am. For the babysitting, they said they do not offer that anymore. Those were the lies. Also, the place looked terriable from the outside. Needed a paint job 10 years ago in and out and the staff seemed used to getting complaints. I had to pay way too much for them to let me use the internet (100 pesos per hour or 500 per day) so that I could complain with Agoda and Tripadvisor. When I called Agoda, they put me on hold for 25 minutes while they contacted the hotel. They said that the manager of the hotel was unavailable until Monday, so they could not determine if I could get a refund until Monday (2 days). Whatever you do, don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: Just don't stay here. The view was of transformers.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Sean_W424959
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed at this place a few years back and it was a dump then. Recently returned to stay in Olongapo for a couple of nights and this place had done nothing but gotten worse. DO NOT WASTE your money or time with this hole in the wall.

Room Tip: yes, go to another place
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank LC18us
Reviewed August 26, 2012

1. Service. The hotel provides excellent service from all staff including security and shuttle drivers. You can ask for directions, tips, and everything you need that are not in the hotel and you will get satisfied.
2. Location. It is at the center of Subic. Shuttle is available, and many taxis are waiting and are not charging a lot. You pay 70-100 pesos to get you almost anywhere in Subic.
3. Amenities. The rooms in Bravo bldg. are spacious. The hotel needs renovation to keep up with its rivals. I wish they have a bidet for the toilet. And I wish I don’t have to stand inside the bath tub to take the shower. And I hope they put a sign on how the shower works (LOL)In case you want a dipper (tabo) just dial room service.
4. Facilities. They have an elevator in Bravo bldg. and a pool in Delta bldg. Nice lounges on each floor and a clean hotel.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms are cooler than 4th floor rooms
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DrRichard_L
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Stayed for one night on business for location and rate; terribly disappointed. Exterior is outdated and dirty. Rooms were shabby and falling apart at the seam. Cleanliness of beds is questionable at best. In room A/C unit was terribly noisy and had to be shut off at night in order to fall asleep. Internet wifi was spotty at best and there were several service issues with the network dropping offline. Breakfast was okay; bottomline: stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Try another hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank RockyTheDog
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

Stayed their overnight with my family...very nice hotel...friendly staff, room is clean,nice place...foods are great...nice experience...complete package worth evert penny...if you have big budget go here....

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank AnnmarielRE
Reviewed April 16, 2012

My family went to Subic last April 14-15 and we stayed in Subic International Hotel's Delta Wing. Supposedly it was renovated in 2009.

I remember staying here in 2009 and okay, it was a lot cleaner then than it is now. There are stains on the carpet and we didn't even want to walk around the hotel room floor barefoot. For awhile I couldn't enter the bathroom without slippers.

The bathroom is fairly clean. Although my mom got asked it to be sprayed with Lysol and cleaned the bathtub with alcohol.

When we first entered the room, it smelled wrong. At first I thought it smelled like smoke (and it's a non-smoking room) but then I realized it smelled old! Which is why we had to spray the whole room with Lysol despite it having just been cleaned.

Our air-condition started dripping the morning before we left. We had to get all the trash cans of the room so the carpet wouldn't get wet.

The staff are nice and friendly and quite helpful actually Food was so-so. The location is good, near the old duty free and restaurants and walking distance to casinos. I guess you really get what you pay for.

I would not come back here again unless I had no other choice.

Room Tip: Choose the Delta Wing. It's a lot newer and probably safer.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank neekelita
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Subic Residencias
#13 of 18 in Olongapo
Cherry Midtown Hotel
Cherry Midtown Hotel
#9 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Subic International Hotel? Share your experiences!