“terrible”
Review of Essensa Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Essensa Inn
Ranked #18 of 19 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I stayed here a couple of weeks ago; they have this promo in their website then. Before going to Olongapo, I called in first to check the availability and the room rates and everything was ok. Before leaving manila, I called in again to check with them. I asked for the Executive Suite since it's in promo and everything else is in the same price so why not pick the best, right? The lady I talked to ASSURED me that 1 EXECUTIVE SUITE is available and she's having it prepared for our arrival after 3 hours and the rate was 1,250PHP a night. After an hour, I received a text message saying that the room isn't available anymore and if it'll be ok if my husband and I will be put in a Deluxe Room instead. Having no other choice, since we're already on the way, I said it's ok. When we arrived there I told the front desk receptionist that I am the one who reserved deluxe room. She showed me a room. Since I am not familiar with their rooms and I was so tired after 3 long hours of bus ride with heavy luggage and their room seemed clean. I took the room she asked for an ID and charged me with 1,500PHP!!!! (the regular rate for their superior room which was their cheapest and with the promo rates should be 800PHP only!!!!) I even asked the girl about the promo rates she said it's only available on weekends. I arrived there at 10:30PM on a Saturday night which is in any calendar a WEEKEND. Since I was too tired to make a scene i paid the sum and went to my room to freshen up. Before going to bed, I noticed that there is no comforter/blanket so I asked the front desk for one. They sent me one that was still in plastic. When I opened the bag I was horrified!!! The comforter they gave me was all torn. You can see the cotton already. It like 10 cats partied on it then they have it washed!!! When I called the front desk again. They said there is no other comforters available anymore. (really really terrible!!!) My husband just told me not to make a big fuzz about it and try to relax. The next day when we checked out, they didn't even gave us a receipt. I was so pissed but didn't want to ruin the rest of my day so we just left.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
10  Thank lizzie p

Reviewed March 13, 2013

The first thing i noticed when i entered the room is its classy furnishings and cleanliness of the room, it rivals that of 5 star hotels. you get this and complete toiletries for Php 1,500.00 on 24 hrs stay, breakfast included. There is a sealed glass window on top of the wall where natural light could come in. The shower in the room i rented is broken, i have to step back several times because the water gets very hot on its own.
The Pros: accessible.
The Cons: no wifi on rms.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Baitoy
Reviewed January 4, 2013

It was far more than I expected in the photos and pics shown here. Kinda showroom for me. Cabinets do have smell that's why I kept it closed and big pillows scattered on it when I opened. No floor mats in case of drippings on the floor. You better asked for it. Low water at the lavatory (it's 4th floor anyways). Remote controls of tv and aircon doesn't function much. I stayed for 2days and extended another day but they just gave me 2 towels (duh). But still, I prefer to come back here and hope they improved their service the next time I visit. I even left them with the sweet smile of Bacolodbon and present specialties of Biscocho and Piaya. Hope they like it....But still thank you for accommodating.....God Bless!!!

Room Tip: Well, just love to be on the window side...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This hotel is a perfect choice for backpackers. For Php 800 per rm per nt you get a standard room. Its near SBMA gate - one jeep ride to SM Olongapo or 5mins if you brought your car. But there is all to it. Their front office service is poor. Their wifi in the room is only available for select guests - maybe those who paid more than me. So if you have paid only 800pesos you get a wifi only in the lobby. This is a total DESCRIMINATION!!! I encountered a receptionist who does not even smile when i pass by in the morning. No hot water in the room. And although this hotel is quite new, their ceiling and other amenities show wear and tear.Their bedsheets have a trace of blood . It says in their website there is a kitchenette but you have to pay for every usage.

I've seen their higher priced room and it's much more bigger than the standard room. So, if you have the budget go for the bigger room.

The only good thing about this hotel is their price and that;s it. Don't be mislead by what you see in their website. If you have no choice and budget is the only thing on your mind then this can be an option.

Room Tip: P.S. Do not get RM 405 - bed springs are are all knocked out, no good. you'll wake up with a bad...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank pechto
Reviewed June 6, 2012

first of all, you will be surprised at its price. P1500 for a nice room with 15 inch LCD, airconditioning, tasteful and i mean tasteful furnishings. wow. Its worth much more than that. its roomy enough, there is a cabinet, rainfall shower, hot water, shampoo conditioner toothbrush.. wow. AND FREE BREAKFAST!

The biggest downside is that the wifi is only available in the lobby, but there is an office where you can work 24-7. I saw the cheapest place in subic, which is herbie's mansion which is nowhere near this place. If this was inside subic, the room would be worth twice the price!

there is also limited parking, but there is a night guard in the first floor convenience store. The place is very near the LIONS HEAD and about 3 km from SBMA.

Room Tip: get one near the lobby for wifi coverage
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank thefilipinobulldog
Reviewed April 24, 2012

Inns are a hit and miss choice. This time we were very lucky. For the price you get a lot more than the basics at the higher standards than most with very helpful staff to boot. Relax at the roofdeck it sure is pretty. I wish all the inns are the same.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Chatocharles
Reviewed February 9, 2012

My family and I, and some family friends were first time travellers to Subic and Olongapo so we were absolutely clueless of where to stay there. I was tasked to look for a place to stay there, and i just relied on pure research online. I chose this place primarily because it was amongst in the bracket of the affordable ones in that district. I managed to book 4 rooms online with no hassle and got confirmations. When we arrived there, we were treated nicely by their super friendly staff. The inn was situated on the second floor of the building, so you need to climb a flight of stairs to get there. The place had a spa-ish feel to it, but The rooms were small as to what I expected, but it was manageable, what is important is that it was very clean. The interiors were modern and the colors were very modern black-white feel. The bed was huge, comfy and clean. There was a fridge, a small flat tv, a water heater, complimentary coffee, etc. and breakfast. There's a small convenient store downstairs and a parking area for those who brought a ride, like we did. The staff were really accomodating to all our questions regarding the subic and olongapo and they were even the ones who suggested where to go, what to eat, what to try, etc. I would definitely stay here again, actually, I've been selling this place to friends who plan to go to subic and gapo.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family