“Happy Holiday”

Ranked #17 of 27 Olongapo B&B and Inns
Croydon
“Happy Holiday”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Just had a nine day stay at Kokomos in the Hollywood room. Had a great time with Jovi and all the staff being so friendly, welcoming and helpful. The rooms are really good value and I shall definitely stay at Kokomos again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Vardo, Norway
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed in this place countless times. From the days it had its own restu & bar until quite recently. Most admired was its friendly crew. Today its a unike, laidback and silent heaven on earth. You have to strawl through 50 mtr of beach to get into the TI restu, a top 5 kitchen in Olongapo area. Got to admit the rooms are on the smalish size, its why it gets only 4 stars.

Room Tip: One of the 4 beachfront rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ivhels
Pasig City
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Standard rooms are P1,600/night which is not bad compared to other hotels if you're a little tight on cash. No free coffee, shampoos/conditioners or soaps. No face towels. Tha painting in our room is kinda creepy. They have dvd player. :) We looked at the other rooms but the designs are not really impressive or exciting if you know what I mean.
What pissed me off was the P30 charge for each person at the entrance which was ridiculous.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Little H

Travelers are raving about these Olongapo hotels

Ontaria
Reviewed June 16, 2013

The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable , compared to the blue rock resort in the same area it is better value for money
The staff was friendly and helpful, prices were reasonable
As aside note to traveling to the Philippines be careful at customs my experience is outlined below

Ripped off

Recently I had to go to manila on some business, departing from Pusan Korea. As one does I cashed some of my Korean Won in at the bank at the Pusan airport. Only after I looked on line at the exchange rate did I realize the bad deal thee bank at the airport gave me. Online the exchange rate was 42.5 peso to the USD and 40.2 to 1000 Korean Won , the bank gave me an exchange rate of 32.9 peso per 1000 won (1000 won around 97 cents usd)
On arrival in Manila when I was going through customs I was ask how many pesos I have with me , so being honest I said 20000 Pesos , unfortunately your only allowed to bring in 10000 pesos , I miss read the form and thought it said dollars as 10000 pesos is only around 250 USD.
I was informed by the customs agent that I could wait all night long and sort it out on the morning or I could give home the amount I had in excess of 10000 pesos, I ask if I gave him the difference if he would give me a receipt (do not ask that question) I was told I could have a receipt if I wanted to wait 24 hours and motioned for 2 more officers to come over. I gave him the 10 grand which went directly into his pocket and I high tailed it out the door.

Lesson learned, ask the bank if there is a limit to cash you can take into a country (the bank should have known this when I changed the money the max amount allowed to take into the Philippines ), and be as honest as the customs officers in the country you’re going to when you are ask questions. (probably not good advise just be honest and hope customs and immigration are as honest as you.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank OFTOilFieldTrash
manila
Reviewed August 21, 2012

the rooms are horrible. the beach front rooms are soooo creepy. as you enter, there are big figures that will seem to haunt you in your sleep. they even have a funny bathtub beside the bed. then, you go up some steps and you see the bathroom sink. on the left of the sink is a door ...must be to the shower area and the other side must the toilet. outside the room is a mess. i felt like an animal captivated in a cage. all rooms had funny themes that are spooky. whoever designed it must be a halloween geek. argh! i checked the another room and it had a clogged sink with a broken chair and cigarette smoke scent is their supposedly "air freshner". there was even a broom stick inside the filthy bathroom. the location was deep in the long muddy road. the main entrance had stacks of sandbags around that i had to hop in to get through. this is the worst place to stay. friends, do not get fooled by the photos. you will not even stand a night sleeping there. and to top it all, they had the gutts to charge P2700 for such a room. it was a rip off . to the management: check the place and close it down. there seems to be no negative rating here....otherwise, i will give you -10... in a scale of -1 to -10. and since my post is not accepted without a rating, i will fake a 1 just to make my post go through.

Room Tip: not worth the stay
Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
8 Thank ihatekokomos
St. Thomas
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed only 1 night at Kokomos Beach Side in a theme room. When we 1st arrived we checked the A/c in the 1st room it did not appear to work well. So we moved into another room. Finally our road trip was over. I went to use my PC was having trouple with the Wifi so I went to the front desk where they were happy to assist me. My wife layed down with a headache. Our Taxi driver and friend sit down ordered 1,190 pesos of lunch after I had paid the driver. They tell the girl at the bar to but it on my room! She did so without even asking myself or wife! The drivers walked out and drove of into the sunset. Mean time the rooms are small and with our luggage could hardly move around. Cabinet was old of pressed would and did not look like it could support a suit case on top of it. The light switchs were on the far side of the room so in the night you had to stumble and fall down to try to get to the bathroom to pee. The girl had taken my private glass at the bar so around 4 AM I go onto the patio and see my glass on the bar with the other glasses. Mine stood out as it was different. So I grabed it to pour some cola from the refigarator in the room. No sooner had I gone into the room the night shift turns on all the lights on the patio like I had been out there stealing. At least they had security. Laid back down for an hour or so until I heard the girls back at the bar moving dishes around so we got up from a poor nights rest to realize the sheets had sex stains on them by our feet or at the end of the bed. So no one changed the sheets. This room was not as clean in the corners as one would expect when renting a room at a fairly high $ for the area. Small rooms, dirty sheets, and the girl charges the Taxi drivers lunch to my room!! Never stay here under any circumstances! Not to mention the vendors on the beach badgering you to buy something or the guy next door with the jet skis! If you like a carnival feel then be my guest!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CIslandMon
Philippines Thailand
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed in an economy room at Kokomo's on my first trip down to Subic Bay and was quite pleased with the room and location. Very helpful staff with a lot of great things to eat on the menu. You are located right on the beach and there is a floating bar to enjoy during Oct to around February so that was fun too. Rooms had decent cable tv and a DVD player as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cmwkings33
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
#5 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Kokomos Beach Resort? Share your experiences!