“Never Again”

Ranked #19 of 28 Olongapo B&B and Inns
St. Thomas
“Never Again”
Reviewed March 14, 2012

I stayed only 1 night at Kokomos Beach Side in a theme room. When we 1st arrived we checked the A/c in the 1st room it did not appear to work well. So we moved into another room. Finally our road trip was over. I went to use my PC was having trouple with the Wifi so I went to the front desk where they were happy to assist me. My wife layed down with a headache. Our Taxi driver and friend sit down ordered 1,190 pesos of lunch after I had paid the driver. They tell the girl at the bar to but it on my room! She did so without even asking myself or wife! The drivers walked out and drove of into the sunset. Mean time the rooms are small and with our luggage could hardly move around. Cabinet was old of pressed would and did not look like it could support a suit case on top of it. The light switchs were on the far side of the room so in the night you had to stumble and fall down to try to get to the bathroom to pee. The girl had taken my private glass at the bar so around 4 AM I go onto the patio and see my glass on the bar with the other glasses. Mine stood out as it was different. So I grabed it to pour some cola from the refigarator in the room. No sooner had I gone into the room the night shift turns on all the lights on the patio like I had been out there stealing. At least they had security. Laid back down for an hour or so until I heard the girls back at the bar moving dishes around so we got up from a poor nights rest to realize the sheets had sex stains on them by our feet or at the end of the bed. So no one changed the sheets. This room was not as clean in the corners as one would expect when renting a room at a fairly high $ for the area. Small rooms, dirty sheets, and the girl charges the Taxi drivers lunch to my room!! Never stay here under any circumstances! Not to mention the vendors on the beach badgering you to buy something or the guy next door with the jet skis! If you like a carnival feel then be my guest!

Room Tip: Do not stay here!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CIslandMon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Philippines Thailand
Reviewed November 30, 2011

Stayed in an economy room at Kokomo's on my first trip down to Subic Bay and was quite pleased with the room and location. Very helpful staff with a lot of great things to eat on the menu. You are located right on the beach and there is a floating bar to enjoy during Oct to around February so that was fun too. Rooms had decent cable tv and a DVD player as well.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank cmwkings33
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed November 12, 2011

Stayed here last July 25- 27, 2011... (apologies for the late review)
Room was a bit pricey but clean and unique :) we have chosen the cave themed room.
Wifi is available but not in the rooms...
This was actually my first trip to baloy beach subic zambales.
July 26th around 1:15am is the night that we can't forget because of the earthquake with a magnitude of 5.9.
Being near with the epicenter of the earthquake scares us a lot!
We didn't have enough sleep, we even agreed to go home and refund our money.
But since the staffs were very nice we decided to stay one more night and do island hopping instead...
I would personally go to treasure island (kokomos's sister company) or wild orchid beach resort in baloy beach...
Treasure Island has a swimming pool, with complete kitchen utensils (there are actually a lot of times that we have to walk towards treasure island resort because kokomos doesn't have the things that we need)

Room Tip: Can choose between different themed rooms they are all nice indeed :)
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bhiekai14
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Subic Grand Seas Resort
Subic Grand Seas Resort
#5 of 18 in Olongapo
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#14 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Subic Residencias
Subic Residencias
#3 of 18 in Olongapo
Blue Rock Beach Resort
Blue Rock Beach Resort
#8 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Kokomos Beach Resort? Share your experiences!