“Awesome staff and location, Disappointing Breakfast buffet”

Subic Grand Seas Resort
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The staff is very friendly without being saccharine or theatrical. They gave us tips on where to go and how to get there, and more importantly very prompt when it came to room requests like extra pillows and such.

We only got to try the breakfast buffet once, but I was disappointed at how it looks like a buffet but is really a set meal in disguise. You get the rice, but the waiter sets the portions for the rest of the items. A managed buffet, they call it.

Having said that, I'd love to go back there again. It's away from the hustle and bustle but far from isolated. Everything is just one jeepney ride away, it seems.

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank grandtheftjeepney
There are newer reviews for Subic Grand Seas Resort

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed for only 2 days and the crew was an A+.Very welcoming and ready for anything you might recuest.
The rooms are very clean and the decoration very modern too.
They do charge 150 for wifi. Nowadays wifi is free anywhere in the world so I thought it wasn't necessary for a charge. It's just inconvenient for the guest.
Also there is a 1000 pesos deposit when you Check in. Wich can only be paid in cash... Another minor inconvenience.
But overall , a 10.
Staff were extremely friendly and happy to be there , they all love their jobs , you can tell. Good job!
Agustin and the boys for Southern California.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Agustingreco1
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Frankly, many of the hotels in this locale are way-overpriced and fail to deliver decent facilities. This property is an exception - very large, comfortable rooms at a fair price in the upper range. Staff are exceedingly pleasant and helpful. A minor complaint is the fact that they charge for wifi access at the tiny rate of 150 pesos a day - why do they bother?

Room Tip: Nice sea-views can be had from the first floor, so opt for a first floor room if you can
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank brisbanepete001
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recommend this hotel for families and for those who are in budget,its decent and the rooms are ok,spacious enough for two extra bed. Menu is limited although you cant complain for the price which is about Php2,500 only. Location is ok,near malls and bars..Do not expect much,the price speaks for itself.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank leonag25
Reviewed October 4, 2012

The Subic Grand Seas is ok for a day or 2, i stayed for 5 days which was doable but never again. The hotel is very basic, but hey, for 2000 philippine pesos a night what do you expect. The hotel has a small restraunt with a limited menu which is ok however there are plenty of small bars on;ly a few mins walk away. The pool is ok and the hotel is right on the beach (however the beach is a bit dirty with alot of garbage). Subic bay is around 10mins drive away where there is a great new shopping mall.

Room Tip: All rooms are the same, very very basic however one piece of advice is to get a room on the first fl...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank william820
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed here from Sept 21 to 24. I got hold of this hotel through promos in a travel site. I have to say that our check in was a big bummer despite the fact that I reserved online the day before with a pre-payment fee and even called them to confirm my reservation and all the amenities that were stipulated in the promo. The lady at the reception said my reservation didn't still show in their system but confirmed everything anyway so I thought everything was ok.

We left Makati around 5pm and arrived at the hotel around 11pm. (The travel from Makati to Balintawak was as long as Balintawak to Subic) Anyway when we arrived, to our dismay, our reservation was in their system but all the details are wrong like we were supposed to be allowed ONE MORE ADULT (my hubby might follow) and WIFI WAS FREE as stipulated in the promo.

You can just imagine being greeted with this after a tiring long drive and it was already late at night. Another receptionist came out to ask again and be briefed about the situation. Until finally THE LADY IN CHARGE came out to solve the situation which was really getting into my nerves already. PLAIN AND SIMPLE THEY WERE NOT AWARE OF THE PROMOS AND THEY DID NOT HAVE ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION AT HAND FOR THE ARRIVING GUEST.

Internet and online processes are SUPER USELESS if people DO NOT KNOW HOW TO USE THE INFORMATION TO HELP THEM WITH THEIR BUSINESSES.

Anyway, the LADY IN CHARGE at least saved the night! She apologized and asked us to give them time to check on the reservation I made online and gave us wifi access for free without charge which actually was supposed to be free to begin with. Then she hurriedly asked the bellhop to assist us right away to our rooms so we could rest. FINALLY!

Then after around 30mins front desk calls us up to notify us that they have already confirmed our reservation and that we DO have accommodations for an extra adult and an extra rollaway (an extra bed). They also reiterated that our wifi is free.

THE REST OF THE STAY WAS SMOOTH. Staff was very friendly. And yes the ambiance was very good and safe for a family. There was security 24/7 so no fear about parking your car within the hotel's compound.

Though the hotel is not new it was very well maintained. It smelled good. I can see that the owners built the place exactly for what it was, a personal intimate place for family and friends. Unscrupulous people who are looking for hanky-panky stuff won't find it here. So I must say, this is exactly what I was looking for considering that I was with my daughters. And, we needed a secure place where we can wind back to after our trips and travels around Subic.

The food was not great though. I seriously suggest that they find another chef. Hell I can make better tasting fried rice than them.

So if not for the friendly staff, secure safe place, and the lady in charge who thinks on her toes, I would have given this a 2 star. Oh and yes! It's right across a catholic church (Immaculate Conception parish) so it was so easy for us to hear Sunday mass :-)

PS.
It's just 10 minutes away from the Kalaklan Gate that enters Subic from the national highway.
The photos we took of the hotel are still with my daughter. I will upload them as soon as I get hold of the copies, using the same review title

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank JaneFrancesManila
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Sorry to say but this "resort", as it's officlal name calls it, is anything but that. It's 22 standard hotel rooms on an unimpressive poorly landscaped and designed piece of property that only happens to be lucky that it's beachfront.

As others say, do not be fooled by the pictures. It's an older looking hotel and in need of an upgrade all over. The employees are nice but it does not make up for the lack of amenities that you would expect at a place that calls itself a resort. The restaurant is only so so. The menu did not offer anything too appetizing other than standard fare food.

I won't speak any more harshly about it other than to say just know that what you see is not exactly what you get or expect.

My girlfriend and I decided to depart earlier than planned because it just was not what we expected, regardless of the price.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tango1265
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
#4 of 27 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Subic Grand Seas Resort? Share your experiences!