“Business Place, Good Service, Great Food”

Subic Grand Seas Resort
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“Business Place, Good Service, Great Food”
Reviewed May 24, 2011

I found out about this resort on line and booked a weeks' stay due to business that my group is trying to conduct at in Olongapo. When we got to the venue, I was surprised that the security guard stopped me at the entrance and asked if I'm a guest or if I have a reservation. I felt offended at first until I realized that they are just doing their job. Not a lot of hotels conduct this type of screening which made me and my group feel secure. Though the hotel has limited number of rooms, the view of the pool and the sundeck is very nice and perfect for picture taking specially if you have an SLR camera.

As we checked in, they have courteous staff that showed us the rooms. Not so big but just enough for two to three persons. Food was great, I love the asian seafood rolls and spicy spareribs... They have other asian dishes but these two tops my list.

Since we're there on business, we often missed out on the watersports, though in the evening. Its nice to just stargaze and work at the sundeck and enjoy a drink or two with your colleagues. Rest comes easy since the rooms are cozy and cold to bring you to a good nights rest. One feature I like with this hotel is that they have a mini vault where I can leave my belongings while I'm out on business. Just dont forget your combination like I did... They had to call the head office just to bring in the key to the vault. My bad...

I do recommend this place, nice ambience, good food and great service.

Room Tip: Get room 211 or 111
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Jimwell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed May 22, 2011

A company just held its outing in this resort over the weekend and colleagues/ friends loss a lot of valuable items such as laptops, iphone, cell phones and cash money. There were three rooms that were robbed. The staff and management were not helpful enough when we reported the stolen items. It seems that they want to hide the unfortunate incident that happened and they gave us a hard time. The staff are not trusted and you cannot feel safe in the resort. Even if your doors are locked the staff and housekeeping have master keys to open up your room doors when you are not around and busy and then steal valuable items. So you better watch out! Instead of spending a relaxing and enjoyable weekend you'll end up being robbed!

Room Tip: Pls don't ever spend a day or overnight here!
  • Stayed May 2011
8 Thank JellyBelly_11
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 26, 2011

My family stayed overnight at this beach and came home disappointed. They should reorient/retrain their staff! We were misinformed thrice during our stay because the information which they gave us through email was different from what we had experienced during our actual stay.
First, I specifically informed them through email that I wanted a room on the first level which they did confirm and was very annoyed to find out on the day of check-in that our room was located on the second level. Second was when I was informed through email again that a free massage for one person was included and later on found out that it wasn't free of charge at all since it was an inclusion in a different overnight package (they however decided to give the free massage that night to probably appease us). And third was when I had asked the waiter what the food choices were for the free breakfast and was informed that they were only offering toasted bread/garlic rice with either juice or coffee. My jaw dropped when I couldn't believe what I had just heard when I had asked asked what viands were offered to go with the garlic rice and the waiter said that only the garlic rice was being offered. I later found out from a waitress that I had been misinformed and that the garlic rice went with scrambled eggs and pork which was also too late also since my family and I had already dined out for breakfast.
Other cheaper hotels/resorts would definitely give me value for my money since as simple as a free wifi service wasn't even included in their amenities and their beach area was disgusting. It was filthy and full of garbage.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
7 Thank vacayforever
Cavite City, Philippines
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The hotel is relatively new. We stayed there for 15 days, and the staff is continuously be accommodating and courteous. They would ask if you need anything, help you out in carrying your bags. The operations manager is also very nice, you could negotiate the complimentary breakfast if you'd be staying there for a long time. Now they have a nice promo that includes a free massage. The downside is that they have no free wifi even in common areas, and they don't have much selection for the food, the pool is also quite small. Also quite pricey. But unlike other hotels in the area, who are frequented by "female visitors", this hotel is quite classy with none of those encountered during my stay.

All in all, I'd definitely stay here again. Thumbs up for the staff!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
7 Thank Kelekoy
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 6, 2011

The room was great and clean, we stayed there for 2 nights. But the problem is its a little bit far from SBMA where all the good restaurants and bar are located. I saw theyre website in the internet and thought that they had a big pool.

And one more thing, never leave your things when you try to go to their beachfront, i went there on our last day just to take some pictures and feel the sands of the beach. but my old cheap slippers were stolen just beside me. i didnt know because i was busy taking pictures, and when i ask the guy in the boat, its the vendors of sea shells who always steal things on the beach.. whew!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jiyusan
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We booked hotel thru online which a great idea as most of hotels in Subic area do not have this service. Rooms are not quite big for a familiy size of 5, but extra bed comes handy. Pool is very small and dining area can be improved with better tables and chairs. When dining especially during late breakfast the location is direct hit of sunlight it may need some shades for cover. Beach area is not impresssive and needs to be cleaned up regularly as rubbish were all over the place. But if you're lookng for simple place and spend few bucks I think this is the place to stay with a reasonable beach front, fresh air and sunlight.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank 4MyGurlz
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed September 15, 2010

This hotel is farely newer and the rooms are very nice,clean, nice tv, alot of channels,free continental breakfast, for 2000 pesos a night not bad. very nice view of the beach, the pool is only 6ft deep but still nice, the market is across the street, girly bars all over, dryden resteraunt has great food, if your retired military the clinic is only 5 minute walk away, so the location and the town is really good. Now i guess my only downfall would be that i had issue's with the hot water so i just got use to taking a cold shower because my water would not stay hot for long but on my next trip trip there i will let them no i need hot wter for longer periods of time. the staff and security were very professional at all times. also the vendors will try to get you to buy there bracelets because they do not understand the word..NO.. so just ignore them. I will return to this hotel because of the staff,the location, and the internet cafes that are only 2-3 minute walk away. * they do offer free wifi but my connection was alittle slow. Overall a good hotel.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank AIRFORCEGUY072
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
#2 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Subic Grand Seas Resort? Share your experiences!