“Great stay”

Subiza Beach Resort
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

I love this place! This is my 5th time staying at sheavens and it is always great! The people are friendly and the food is probably the best in town! I will be back again that is for sure! I think I will go there for Christmas and new years! They really do it well there.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank chefmark23

Reviewed November 12, 2013

more than happy with the food, location and accommodation.
great service from the resto ladies, trained to perfection.
a credit to management.
I highly recommend this hotel, close to bars and all major attractions.

Room Tip: balcony room facing the bay.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Colin T
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

There is only 1 reason people come to this location and that applies to single travellers.

I got a cold whilst staying here and the uncleared aircon filters didn't help. Room had bad curtains which meant getting any sleep in the day time was impossible.

Reception are quite clueless and I had issues at checkout, how they passed accounting at university is beyond me.

Rooms are adequate but TV is very old and produced bad sound quality which means you really have to turn it up to get anything heard.

Bathroom is ok but please note that the walls don't go to the roof so if you use the toilet there is no privacy. I found that quite awkward.

Pool over chlorinated their pool which stung my eyes and sent them red in about 5 mins. Bring goggles.

The hotel is down a dark unlit dirt road so getting in and out in the night is risky to say the least. The whole area is dissapointing and quite dangerous in my opinion.

Management are Sri Lankan so don't expect western standards for customer service or restaurant quality.

I won't be back, they can improve their whole business with little or no cost by simply going through very aspect of the hotel from start to finish and just being honest about the problems and addressing them.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Trentbkk
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Arrived with relatives to stay 3 nights. To get to our room we had to walk along a rusted and very rickerty metal walkway. we always walked one at a time along it, just in case it broke.Charged full price for the room, the toilet was broken, the shower curtain was so filthy it could have stood up on its own, shower recess putrid and not cleaned very well. we did not receive a bath mat and eventually had to ask for it. Swimming pool was a strange green color and closed. The resort definitely was very tired. Had several meals and every time the service was very slow. l ordered a coffee and club sandwich and only the coffee arrived but on checkout was charged for the club sandwich.

Room Tip: Avoid if possible.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I've been traveling in Philippines for six weeks and so far have visited Cebu, Boracay, Bohol and Manila. My experiences in all those locations have been universally excellent with friendly staff, good service and and good prices. All that changed in Olongapo where I recently spent three nights. I found a pervasive and insidious rip-off culture in Olongapo. While this may be attributable to the long-term US presence in the region it is nevertheless unpleasant. A 15 minute taxi ride that will cost 150 peso maximum in Manila will cost 500 in Olongapo. There does not appear to be a metered taxi system so in order to get a taxi you are forced to enter into a negotiation with the hotel receptionist who will "assist" you in finding a taxi. If you stay in this hotel they will quote you 900 pesos for the 15 minute taxi ride to the city. That's in broad daylight. Imagine what they will charge you at night or in an emergency. It's not just the taxis. I had dinner at a nearby resort where I was the only customer in the dining room. My waitress was unsmiling and unfriendly. She then attempted to rip me off on the bill. I stayed in Sheavens and found the hotel to be poor value for money. The AC in the room was old and struggling; there was an eighth of an inch gap all around the door which allowed the mosquitoes free access from outside; there was a permanent pool of water on the bathroom floor either from the sink or the toilet. The food in the restaurant was expensive and the service was slow. When I was checking out they charged me for a bottle of water that I hadn't taken from the mini-bar. In Olongapo generally I found the taxi drivers, the hotel and restaurant staff and everyone else I encountered had a [--] you attitude that was almost sinister. I repeat I have had only excellent experiences everywhere else in Philippines. I hated this place and will never be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Peter H
Reviewed October 9, 2013

It was Easter that we visited "Sheavens Hotel".
I was a guest with my friends family who are Filipino. There were 8 of us.
On arriving at the hotel all of us were given a welcoming drink.
The location at the bay is superb
The hotel has a wonderful view across the bay and is very tranquile.
All the staff that served us were extremely helpful and pleasant.
The food was excellent value and plenty of it.
The pool was a delight to use, clean and a lifeguard on hand.
The experiance was a quiet and pleasant experiance and I will certainly not hesitate to return there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We originally planned only 1 nights stay at Sheavens but after having the most peaceful uninterrupted sleep I have had in the Philippines we booked another 2 nights!. It's location away from the main road and along a road which is little more than a driveway to a few resorts meant we weren't woken by noisy motorbikes and trikes all night. There was also a distinct lack of Roosters and Balot hawkers crowing all night so I was very impressed.
The rooms were comfortable and clean, good plumbing and hot water, nice beds ect. We had a room on the second floor overlooking the pool and restaurant and a great view of the bay beyond. There was some construction work going on below us on the first floor but this was well hidden behind a screened section and apart from the occasional drilling the workers really kept the noise to a minimum and were no problem at all.
The Restraunt menu was extensive and we sampled a lot of it with no disappointments and the prices were reasonable. There was also an extensive wine list and a well stocked bar to complement the meals.
The pool is well located as it was partly shaded by the hotel from the early afternoon so you can enjoy a swim without the worry of sunburn.
Unlike other quiet resorts and hotels I have found in the philippines, main road and nightlife is only a short walk away so you do not feel trapped or have to rely on organized transport when you want to go out.
I would definitely recommend this place if visiting Subic.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Nod069
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Subic Grand Seas Resort
Le Charme Suites
Le Charme Suites
#1 of 3 in Subic
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#16 of 28 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Subiza Beach Resort? Share your experiences!