“This isn't what it seems”

Blue Rock Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 19 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is the worst place I have ever been to.

My boyfriend and I have found ourselves in subic (we are waiting for a flight back to Thailand after realizing that the Philippines isn't for backpackers) and are counting the minutes to get outta here.

We are so fed of this seedy town (believe me when I say we have backpacked and this is the worst I have ever come across) and just wanted one meal out in a place that wasn't a Gogo bar or a strip club.

The website said "floating bar dive centre" with pictures of hippy looking western divers smiling, we thought we would give it a go.
As we were being pullied out there on a small raft we could
See this bar was In fact, just another Gogo bar and now we were stuck. To
Be polite we stayed for one, a young (maybe 16) year old Gil served us and over introduced herself as if she was "ours" for the night. Horrible.
As I downed our drinks the site of overweight, sagging, sad,loud westerners groping (I mean two over 60 men sandwiched and pretended to dry hump a young girl) girls made me feel sick.
I feel
Like we have entered a secret society and we forgot the memo.
We rushed back to the restaurant to find more oddly paired fake couples.
This was our treat night, a night out, what we got was a sad, aging restaurant with a 70s vibe (and I don't mean the disco era).
The food was absolutely disgusting (and I can eat anything!) the meat was burnt and tasted reheated and re-throw on a BBQ and the fries were dropped in oil that has probably not been changed. The whole Experience cost us
40 dollars!

I would strongly recommend (unless u are a Middle Aged man looking to feel great about yourself) don't go here.
I felt really uncomfortable and a little sad for my boyfriend and I, and very cheated.

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank Pennycowtown

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Very pleased with our stay. On site 24 hour restaurant had a good live band and decent, reasonably priced food. Good internet access. Floating bar lots of fun. Rooms OK, not great, but fine if you are there primarily for diving. If you want to do wreck diving, for the price, the diving and accomodations were good.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank CountessP
Reviewed October 30, 2013

I booked a room with a large balcony which had a nice view of the bay and the floating bar which was the best part of the hotel, but the room was beat-up with old furniture and the noise from the 24 hour restaurant below was too noisy to sleep at 2a.m. with drunks yelling and after several calls to front desk they finally moved them to a different spot. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank jeff a
Reviewed July 31, 2013

last week Wednesday 24th upon check-out I discovered that USD150 had been removed from my room safe which is operated by code and or key. I dialed room service twice without the Manager responding as I was told he would by the helpful receptionist. after the 3rd call I found him smoking & chatting to a friend & I asked him to accompany me to the room where I explained my version. he introduced himself as either Marty or Martin & insisted that only a select few persons were able to access the safe via key & he would get back to me. 30 mins. later he approached me in the restaurant still unclear as to how the safe was accessed. I did not have the time to hang around for the police to get involved.he offered to refund me the money personally although this I see was then deducted from the hotel bill. he said he would investigate this serious breach & email me after he had investigated.upon leaving he was standing quite close to the reception area, did not request my email nor greet upon my departure.
I settled my bill & vowed personally never to return as the return of my money was secondary to the unprofessional attitude.
in addition the Monday prior, the beautiful Lady who always sings in the restaurant had throat problems & struggled along & the following evening the 2 male band members tried utmost but failed miserably to deliver even a karaoke standard of performance.
although the restaurant service was quick & friendly I found the food up the road @ SHEAVENS to be of a higher standard & equal pricing.

Room Tip: ROOM NO. 16 has a tiny but great dining / resting area + small front area to relax outside.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed there in june 2011 for a week.i must say the steaks where great.i no the manager is from Brisbane so I think the steaks come from Australia..we injoyed swimming at the beach but the floating bar was getting renovated after a cyclone a few months before what was a pitty.so some of the staff where great and some didn't have any idea off service..im sorry to hear about the manager he seemed like a good bloke.we will be back some day soon..

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I love staying here. We stayed here quite a number of times already.. We love staying here because of the good food... Enormous serving and the price of the food is reasonable. I love their steaks, breakfast food, etc... Just thinking of it makes me hungry.. The rooms are okay.. It's kinda awkward because some rooms have mirrors at the ceiling and the bathroom fixtures are basic i suppose. The rooms are clean, the bed is okay.. I suggest you bring your won pillows to make your sleep more comfortable. I love staying here because of their food, and my husband and i are quite "at home" when we stay here.. We also love strolling along the beach early in the morning.. When we just want to escape the city for a spontaneous overnight trip out of town, we always choose to stay here in blue rock because the rooms are cheap and the food is great!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank give_in
Reviewed June 1, 2013

been there last year went back for 2 weeks stayed in a couple of rooms they had been done up very nice clean i went for a holiday not to stuck in front of computer,had great time on floating bar every one friendly .no matter where you go in the world you will find girls for sex i found the floating a great place to have a nice cold beer sitting out there in the sea breeze, the meals they to large but great ,most nites it is nearly booked out as for the staff they are all great people,if you beleive they not doing they job then you must be hard to grt along with. jim shoal bay

Room Tip: down stairs beach front room are great
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bennyboy44
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Subic Residencias
#10 of 19 in Olongapo
Court Meridian Hotel
Court Meridian Hotel
#2 of 29 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Blue Rock Beach Resort? Share your experiences!