This place is the worst place I have ever been to.
My boyfriend and I have found ourselves in subic (we are waiting for a flight back to Thailand after realizing that the Philippines isn't for backpackers) and are counting the minutes to get outta here.
We are so fed of this seedy town (believe me when I say we have backpacked and this is the worst I have ever come across) and just wanted one meal out in a place that wasn't a Gogo bar or a strip club.
The website said "floating bar dive centre" with pictures of hippy looking western divers smiling, we thought we would give it a go.
As we were being pullied out there on a small raft we could
See this bar was In fact, just another Gogo bar and now we were stuck. To
Be polite we stayed for one, a young (maybe 16) year old Gil served us and over introduced herself as if she was "ours" for the night. Horrible.
As I downed our drinks the site of overweight, sagging, sad,loud westerners groping (I mean two over 60 men sandwiched and pretended to dry hump a young girl) girls made me feel sick.
Like we have entered a secret society and we forgot the memo.
We rushed back to the restaurant to find more oddly paired fake couples.
This was our treat night, a night out, what we got was a sad, aging restaurant with a 70s vibe (and I don't mean the disco era).
The food was absolutely disgusting (and I can eat anything!) the meat was burnt and tasted reheated and re-throw on a BBQ and the fries were dropped in oil that has probably not been changed. The whole Experience cost us
I would strongly recommend (unless u are a Middle Aged man looking to feel great about yourself) don't go here.
I felt really uncomfortable and a little sad for my boyfriend and I, and very cheated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In-room accommodation include the following to make your stay more pleasurable: 1 Queen Size Bed, air-conditioning/ceiling fan and wall fan, FREE WiFi connection, safety deposit box, telephone available for local & international calls, mini bar, cabled TV, private bathroom and toilet with toiletries. For Junior Suite same room amenities have been applied with 1 King Size Bed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Orbitz so you can book your Blue Rock Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Rock Resort And Dive Center
- Blue Rock Resort & Dive Hotel Olongapo