“Nice view and food”

Dock of the Bay Restaurant
Ranked #38 of 73 Restaurants in Olongapo
Cuisines: Filipino
Good for: Scenic view
Description: Dock of the Bay Restaurant on the water front, nostalgic and sophisticated venue has a contemporary ambiance and serves International Ala-cart. Completely outdoor seating restaurant, and should be taken advantage of the Seafront Bar and Grill overlooking the exceptional Baloy long beach. A serene venue for the guest to enjoy a relaxing with family and friends, breathtaking view of the seafront. Great food, exquisite setting and world class presentation.
Makati, Philippines
“Nice view and food”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

The view is very relaxing, its beside the beach and the food are ok.
Staffs are friendly and they accommodated us well.

Visited December 2013

Subic Bay Freeport Zone, Philippines
“Owner needs to learn customer service”
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Had read reviews which mentioned food was much improved here and of very good standard for Philippines. Went there as a group of 3. THe owners are Sri Lankan so figured I would try a Sri Lankan dish from the menu. Ordered a mutton dish and a glass of wine. The glass of wine I received had obviously been open for too long and was corked. This was promptly replaced. When I received my main meal, it was quite obviously not pork, it was chicken. First I asked the waitress, is this pork, 'Yes Sir' she said. I asked to speak to the manager, another filipina who also insisted it was pork. I then asked to speak to the owner who at first said it was pork and then on closer inspection decided it was in fact chicken. It was quite obvious that they had mixed up orders and I had received a chicken dish and someone else had received my pork dish. I was OK with this and didn't want to make a big drama, but wanted to draw the owners attention to the poor service. He did offer to replace the dish but I wasn't going to wait 15 minutes whilst my dining companions ate their meals. THe food was good, but what topped things off is that they charged me for the higher priced wine which I didn't receive and the higher priced meal which I didn't receive. I would have expected that the owner would have at least had the bill altered to charge the correct price. Maybe this is just part of the culture on the sub-continent.

1 Thank PeteMac123
Ormalingen, Switzerland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“sleepless vacations”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

From check in to check out:
ROOM
1 : Alarm or vibrate in the room the whole time i felt really stress,
2: The aircondition is too loud.
3: You can heard all the trycycle and cars outside.
4: the door in the was too noisy everytime we open it..
5: and the neighbor undercontractions make noise too during the day.
STAFF
6: Service staff, BarTender, security guards and cooks.they are all very friendly.and the manager:)
RECEPTION
7: I FELT BAD BECOZ I GAVE THEM SOME DRINKS MONEY OR TIP THEY COMPLAINED,, BCOZ I ALWAYS GIVE A LOT IN THE SERVICE..Which is i don't really like it..
FOODS
8: ITS WAS VERY GOOD:)
HOUSEKEEPING
9:THEY ARE VERY FRIENDLY AND FASTER:)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank anabell t
Lisbon
“great mixed grill”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

huge meal, good value for money and i enjoyed most of what they served. the meat was cooked ok and the value for money was pretty good.

i also had a massive breakfast the next day which was all good except the mushrooms, they were undercooked. again overall pretty damn good given the quality of food in the immediate area

Visited November 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“This used to be a good value hotel but new owners over price now”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Was a cheap average place to stay but it has out priced it self for me and caters to different people

Visited June 2013