“Best staff I have ever encountered”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Arizona International Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found this hotel on this site and it was rated as number 1 in Barretto, booked in for 2 nights and then extended for another night.

Im a realistic traveller and I knew I wasnt getting 5 star, but what I did encounter was a "Homely" room that was clean and comfortable, an owner who is a "personality" in his own right, a very approachable and great manager and staff that couldnt be friendlier or more helpful. From reception, to cooks, to barstaff and to the beautiful waitresses they install in you a feeling that your part of their family and that makes you want to return time and time again.

Its Aussie owned and managed and really is a little slice of Oz in a far off country.

I guess the best way to promote is via rebooking and Im making plans to return early in the new year.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank John H

Reviewed August 17, 2013

My wife Judy and I stayed at this resort for 2 weeks and left on the morning of August 12 to go up to Angeles City for a week before going down to Palawan for a while.The rooms were very nice,spacious,with 2 bottles of water for each of us put in the fridge in our room every day at no charge to us.The Air conditioning worked well as did the Television.
The food was magnificent and very reasonably priced,so we had nearly every meal in the restaurant which is right on the beach.The staff are extremely friendly and very helpful and really become friends straight away treating you as they would their own family.
Gershan the manager is extremely friendly and professional the way she runs the administration and is ever so helpful with handling any enquiries and bookings for our transport requirements and further accommodation bookings in Angeles City.
The General Manager Gavin is a real happy bloke,very friendly,loves a chat to see how you are going and is a good bloke to have a cold beer with.Each morning while having breakfast,Gavin would come to say good morning and make sure we were enjoying our meal along with everything else.
We became good friends with one of the waitresses who served us very often,a lovely girl by the name of LEILANI,whose smile each morning makes you feel just so good about the start of another day in Paradise.
One can not forget Panget,who is a very friendly,little pug dog with the loveliest character that is absolutely adored by everyone there,staff and guests.My wife and I loved the little guy so much,we were allowed to have him sleep in our room with us on 2 separate nights.
Panget has a coat that he wears sometimes and it is embroidered with his job title,namely GUARD DOG..Panget loves to roam around keeping his eye on what is happening around the place so obviously he takes his job seriously.
The maintenance guy is a bloke named ROD who is a friendly guy that will tell you if there is anything you need just let him know and it will be attended to immediately.Rod is a great bloke that we took a liking to and is also a good bloke to have a cold beer with.If he sees you by yourself in the bar he will invite you to Join him for a drink and he likes to shout you one.
My wife and I are searching around for our place in the Philippines to retire in but no matter which area we settle in we will definitely be back at this fantastic friendly resort to stay a while and say G'Day to our wonderful new friends.
The best advice I can give you folks reading this is to book your accommodation here an look no further because you are guaranteed to have a great time and make some new friends.

Best wishes to Gavin,Gershan,Rod,Leilani,Panget and all the other wonderful people including Tommo the owner.

John & Judy Maxwell

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Been there 5 times in 4 years. Will be coming back in October. Rooms are great. Wifi ok, and great food. Best of all location right next to the beach. This hotel is more for Singles then familys. Bar is great and the floating bar when in season is neat at sunset.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Have just stayed at this place for two nights and it was absolutely disgusting. There is a girlie bar joined onto the hotel which is under the disguise of a "sports bar". When we went into the hotel lobby with the children, there were women parading around looking for business.
The room we asked for was a family room, which was painted dark blue, the curtains in the room has to be had to be closed all the time as we were adjacent to the restaurant, therefore the room was always in darkness. The bathroom was covered in mold and the shower head was black. Only one of the beds were provided with bedding and when I asked for bedding for the children's bed I was told I would be charged extra. I argued that I had requested a family room and that bedding should have been provided. We did get it eventually.
The pool was another disappointment it was about the size of a driveway in the UK. and it was right in the middle of the restaurant. Children were only permitted in the pool until 4pm.
The hotel is also what I would call a "knocking shop" where men would appear at breakfast with the local girls they had picked up the night before. Many of the women in the clothes they had on for breakfast.
However the worse thing about the whole place was that the owner had a little pug dog, which is being marketed as the mascot of the hotel. The dog has free roam of the restaurant and whilst we were having breakfast/evening meal, the dog was wandering around cocking his leg against our chairs. At one point the dog even sniffed around a table having dinner and he defecated right beside the table, the stench was stomach turning and we all had to leave our meal. The mess of both urine and dog mess was only cleaned up when we complained. The staff were very reluctant to clean up and it was a quick mop and a pick up of the faeces and not at any point was the floor disinfected.
Overall it was absolutely disgusting and unhygienic.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
10  Thank Beth877
SubicGav, General Manager at Arizona International Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Beth, sorry you found your experience at the Arizona not up to your perceived expectations. Your experience in reading reviews on TripAdvisor would have given you an overview of the hotel and the thing you seem so fond of criticizing, if only you read them thoroughly.

Score Bar is marketed as a Sports Bar with hostesses. It’s typically an Asian thing, and more than likely lost on Brits. And NONE of the hostesses would be parading around the lobby looking for business.

Your party booked THREE ROOMS for TWO NIGHTS. I have confirmation from the Staff who took the booking that you knew exactly what you were booking. And when you checked in, the front desk advised that if there are any problems, please call the front desk or inform the staff so they can be rectified.

If you felt our pool is too small, why did you book here?? You had all the necessary internet tools to see photos of the rooms, resort and the pool. Again, it’s about being thorough and your perceived expectation.

For the dog, your kids seemed excited and happy to play with him. The floor of the restaurant is washed and disinfected every night, and any mess the dog makes is cleaned up immediately.
I could go on, but if you had read previous reviews about the Arizona, you would have known what to expect, and not had some false perception

Again, sorry you didn’t enjoy your stay. Maybe Asia and its culture aren’t for you and your family.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Arizona is the first hotel when you enter Barretto on the beach side.
I have to say that at first look it was strange to find out that ther was a car parkt in the reception drop aeria.
But I was quickley informed that that was the Boss parking space.
No wouries , we checkt in and the rooms are smartley decorated , mine was in Yellow and blue.
Went down for some lunch,
And the food was great, big plates of food, fresh seafood, Aussy BBQ.
Not expencive.
Any complance would have been to mutch food on the plate.
Now after lunch , I se a flooting bar outside 2 min away whit a raft.
Went ther and had a coold beer.
What a great place to watch the sunset.
It also has a sports bar, whit a lot of different sport chanels.
In there I bumpt in to the Boss who had his car parkt in the reception drop aeria.
And it all made sence.
He was agreat guy who explaned where to go and enjoy the beatifull Subic.

Room Tip: High floor whit balcony
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 293916Johansson
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The hotel and bar staff are friendly and helpful. Computer near front desk available for guest use was almost always unoccupied. The room was clean and they also provided shampoo and two bottles of water daily without charge. I stayed in the standard room. No beach chairs or umbrellas unfortunately but I had a beach towel with me. I had planned to spend a week here and a week at By The Sea Resort but this place has a much better bathroom and tv than the other - I stayed the whole time here.
Too bad about the Score Bar girls...their general attitude came across as stuck up. If you don't show interest in the girl that approaches you first, the others don't bother to move themselves from their pool game or table group.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank blanes1
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed two nights in Arizona International Resort in Subic, during my jule2013 holiday. I have booked hotel by e-mail, and owner Gavin, nice australian guy, offer me the newest room 31. and 10% disccount. Great. Nice room, very friendly staff. Gavin came to greet me, when I arrived. Room have really nice terrace, directly above beach, great to have morning caffee, or to see sunset. Restaurant, South Seas, offers great food (international and philippino).

Room Tip: room with sea view (I can recommend room number 31, where I stayed
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Court Meridian Hotel
Court Meridian Hotel
#2 of 28 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic Bay
Wild Orchid Beach Resort Subic B...
#17 of 28 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone
Subic Residencias
Subic Residencias
#3 of 18 in Olongapo
Subiza Beach Resort
Subiza Beach Resort
#13 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Arizona International Resort? Share your experiences!