“Good food, enjoyable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Arizona International Resort
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Kâmpôt, Kampot, Cambodia
“Good food, enjoyable”
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Very pleasant restaurant with nice views of the bay and with a barrier to keep out the interminable sellers of fake watches and coral. Food is in good portions, nicely presented and reasonably priced. There is a sports bar inside but I didn't spend much time there. A good place to hang out. I stayed in the rooms a couple of times and they were quite and pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
Zürich
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Please, avoid the Arizona Resort in Subic. The beach is completely dirty and polluted. There is no cleaning, no maintenance and even no trash bins at the beach. After swimming once in the sea I got a bad allergy. A resort with a beach like this has no value.

Room Tip: Keep away from Subic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Reisender91
SubicGav, General Manager at Arizona International Resort, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Thanks for the review, even though it only focuses on the beach being bad not the rest of the resort.

As your review suggests, you stayed with us in April. The weather is not so great, and southerly winds and the ocean swells are stronger and the weather transitions into the wet season. A lot of debris is washed up onto the beach that comes from all over Subic Bay.

The beach (which is public property) is cleaned every day. All the rubbish is removed, and the sand in front of the resort is raked.

Your allergy(?) MAY have been caused by your swim in the ocean, but highly unlikely. There are lots of jellyfish at night, and every morning, we see jellyfish washed up on the beach, which is more likely the cause. Its one of those seasonal things, like the weather, and the fact that it's a public beach used by everyone, that WE CANNOT CONTROL. But, imagine if we could !!!!

Finally, your comments and "Please, avoid the Arizona Resort in Subic" and "A resort with a beach like this has no value." are based solely on your bad beach experience The resort has more to offer than just the beach, and other reviewers have praised us for these things. Maybe you just closed your eyes to all the resort has to offer.
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

What a place. The service, staff and food were great. The dive centre was excellent and organised 8 great dives during my week there. The pick of the diving was USS New York. Staff looked after my dive gear well and i could not have been happier. It was nice to remove the salt water taste from the mouth at the floating bar on arrival after diving. A well run resort that caters for all needs. I would like to return.

• Stayed April 2013
Groningen
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been from 26-01-2013 til 03-02-2013 with my lady in this resort.
I Have been in Europe in a lot of hotels, and several times in the Phills.
This resort was absolutely high class, the atmosphere was very good, the hospitallity fron the staff
was very good, and last but not least, the kitchen was very good, and be sure, the next time i am going for a holiday in the Phills, it will be the Arizona resort.

Thanks for the pleasant stay there, and also a very good word for Gerchean from the reception,
outstanding the resort ans staff end further crew.

regards

Egbert Hulshoff(Netherlands)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Lived in Europe and Asia for nearly 30 years now--and have self-planned several week-long vacations--this was, in my opinion the best value, stay, and fun I've experienced. Was picked up on time at Manila Airport, driven in A/C comfort to Subic, where we checked straight in. Prices couldn't be beat--food was fantastic, and the entire staff is very helpful and friendly. One of the dining room staff went out of her way to help my wife figure out how to get to the shopping, and then made sure that it went well. Gavin, management, is still on the job, keeping everything running well.
My purpose was diving, and Mark at the dive shop was super--going the extra miles to insure that my dive experience here was great. I also want to mention guides Tim and Phil (I hope I got that last one right) who were knowledgeable, professional, and helpful in and out of the water.
While I don't know where I'll be teaching next year--I do know that if I'm still in Asia, I will be back here as often and as long as I can!
Wonderful trip--wish I hadn't waited so long to head here. Thanks to everyone at the Arizona!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel has some great service combined with the perfect facilities for me.....floating bar with diving centre attached. Back on dry land a great restaurant , bar and the "sportsmans bar"...........not much sport going on there though.
You can learn to dive here in a safe enviroment or if you are qualified do a 10 dive package for 10000pesos.The diving is not brilliant for tropical scuba but the wrecks are interesting and besides it gives you something to do in the day time.
Food is the usual high standard,rooms are clean and security is fine.
All in all this resort has a great atmosphere and all the facilities you could require.
The San Miguel beer doesn't get any better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank redhorsegoggles
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I had never visited Subic Bay before and decided to take a look this time round. I initially booked for 2 nights only at the Arizona International Resort and I was soon regretting not staying longer. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel very welcome. Gavin, the Manager there was fantastic from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. He told us where everything was located in the Resort and where and when everything happened there. The Arizona is owned and managed by Australians and was the perfect place for us to stay. The rooms we had booked were at the front of the Resort facing the water. Magnificent views with the sea air flowing through the room. The Resort had a floating bar which was something I had never encountered before. It was nice to sit out in the Bay chatting and of course drinking. The Restaurant was located at the front so you could have a great view of the beach and the Bay and was open 24 hours a day. The food served there was fantastic and I can assure you the servings were huge. The staff were very friendly and extremely helpful. There was an extensive menu there and had some very tasty Australian Beef waiting to be eaten. The prices were very reasonable and I like the idea of the price that is displayed is the actual price, not like in the main Cities where it is always plus, plus and plus. The drinks were cheap which I certainly liked. The bar out the back had all the Sports I liked on the televisions, AFL, NRL, Rugby and Basketball. All this while having a drink and a game of pool.

The only problem I had was the rooster on the beach crowing all night long. Wish we could had him put on the menu for lunch.

We extended our stay there for another night and just wish we could have stayed there longer, however had to be back in Manila to catch our flight. There is always next time. I highly recommend this Resort to anyone who is travelling to Philippines. Thanks to Gavin and all the staff there for making our stay very enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Rama International Beach Resort
Treasure Island Resort
Treasure Island Resort
#4 of 18 in Olongapo

Been to Arizona International Resort? Share your experiences!