“Second to none, once again.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Olongapo
Arizona International Resort
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Olongapo
Missoula, Montana
“Second to none, once again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

Once again I had the pleasure of staying at the Arizona International Resort for 9 days at the end of June and the first week of July. The food was plentiful, tasty, and reasonably priced. The service staff was outstanding and of course the management team of Tommo, Gavin, and Paul were there immediately if any problems should arise. None did, but it is reassuring to know that if there are problems, they are handled quickly and courteously.

The resort has taken on a much more family friendly atmosphere. There were several families there during my stay.

There is construction going on, but it did not make anything inconvenient. In fact, I was really saddened when my stay was over and I had to leave. In the future, this property will always be on my "must stay" list while I'm in the Philippines.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Puerto Princesa, Palawan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

I spent 1 night at the Arizona. Even before I got there I was helped repeatedly by Gerchean at the front desk. I had never been to Olongapo or Clark / Angeles City before. Gerchean helped me arrange transportation from Clark & the Southern Cross Shuttle dropped me off right at their door. I was made to feel welcome as soon as I walked in their door. I was shown a clean comfortable room will lots of storage cabinets, a desk, a fan, air conditioning, Cable TV, hot shower, and a mini bar. I only ate 1 meal there (Eggs Benedict for breakfast was wonderful), but wished I had dined there more. I didn't get into the pool, but it did look inviting.

When I checked in I was given a voucher for a free drink & decided to use it when I returned from visiting a family member. The voucher isn't valid at the regular bar, so i walked through the door of the Score Bar. I looked around & decided that wasn't the place for me. The point of telling this part is to let you know that the Score Bar is a separate bar located behind a clearly marked door. I could have easily been comfortable there, in the lobby with my wife & children. There were no gaudy signs or half dressed women running around. I went back to the regular bar, enjoyed several nice cold beers & gave my voucher to another guy at the bar.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AlanOnPalawan
Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The food, atmosphere, diving and customer service made this a very enjoyable relaxing break. Well done Tommo & Gavin.

Room Tip: Drink the local rum!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

Thanks for a great time guy's. We were not expecting five star as we were only paying around AUD55 a night. Saying that it was well above value for money and the staff did everything to make sure our trip was enjoyable including looking after any trips and transport we needed efficently. Thomo (Owner) and Gavin (Manager) made sure we were always looked after. Rooms were good, quiet and comfortable and the food was great. Sorry Thomo but I got your order of ribs (best ever). Special thanks also to Mark and Tim in the dive shop for some great dives. Great memories and good times. Thanks guy's.

Room Tip: generally all good as management try to keep any noise to a level that wont effect the rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ross I
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

We just got back at Angeles City from a three night stay at Subic. I was looking for an old friend from Australia, the only information about whom I had was that he drank in the Score Bar at the Arizona. So that was a good enough reason to stay at the Arizona. Minutes after checking in and not even in room yet a text had been sent to my mate by management that someone was looking for him. Met up later that night. The stay was during the storm season, but it is a good place in which to wait out the bad weather. Met Gavin and Don, bothe genuine friendly fellow Aussies who make a bloke feel welcome. In some immortal words, "I shall return" to Subic Bay and it will be to the Arizona.

Room Tip: Only had Room 20, but it was a quiet room and quiet good.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Warria W
Toowoomba, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2012

Myself and 2 friends visited the Arizona Resort in April and had the time of our lives. We spent a majority of our trip in Angeles and it was a breath of fresh air arriving in Subic Bay.

From the moment we walked in we were treated absolutely fantastic. My friend requested a small alteration to his room and it was dealt with straight away. No Fuss. Gavin the manager was absolutely fantastic. Not only was he great company to have a beer with but very knowledgeable. Helped us out in many areas of our trip.

The rooms were not flash however were very suitable to what I needed. All I need in a big bed, air con, a safe and a mini bar. As long as it's clean I'm very satisfied, which they were.

The restaurant has great food. From memory a Surf and Turf was around 600 peso's. This is about $13. This is a bargain.

The floating bar was great, nothing like having a few beers whilst watching the sun go down before heading to the score bar. Funniest part was watching "Pungit" the owners dog getting rowed over to the bar. The score bar was so good we found it hard leaving to go to other places. Although it is not a flash bar by any means it is just very friendly and has a great
atmosphere.

We are doing another trip in October/November and we will definitely be heading back to Arizona. I encourage everyone to check it out.

If you have enough fun you may even make the wall of shame :)

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Dudley, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2012

The location is pretty good with one side on the Barrio Barretto strip and the other side facing the beach. The restaurant was undergoing construction work when I was there recently although they were making an effort to keep the disruption and noise to a minimum. Restauant and floating bar staff were reasonably friendly and efficient. Unfortunately the rooms really need an upgrade. Although the rooms are kept clean the furniture is old and worn. I was in one of the 'deluxe' rooms and its window looked out onto some old pipes and had no natural light. There was also no mobile phone reception in the room. It has to be said the prices are fairly reasonable for a seaside resort but the place could be really nice with a bit of investment.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank footix
Also consider these accommodations in or near Olongapo
Mangrove Resort Hotel
Rama International Beach Resort
Court Meridian Hotel
Court Meridian Hotel
#3 of 26 in Subic Bay Freeport Zone

Been to Arizona International Resort? Share your experiences!