“Plush, big, rooms always available, reasonably priced”
Review of Wild Orchid Resort

Wild Orchid Resort
Ranked #11 of 71 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed January 22, 2011

This is among the best value for money places. They have 2 wings - one is a more budget and family atmosphere kinda place, the second (which is at the main entrance) is more plush - and the entrance looks more like a shopping mall.

Rooms were a bit pricey, but worth it as the services were great. Large rooms, good air con and TV, my room also had a dvd player. The fridge was well stocked, but there is a supermarket closeby so I stocked up from there instead. Baths are spotless and gleaming - the bathtub was luxurious. Soundproofing of rooms was good (important in Balibago!)

Reception was very polite (as is the norm almost everywhere in Philippines), and I did not have to book in advance despite it being the weekend. Initially I thought this may be cos the hotel may not be good, but I later realised that this place has far more rooms than otehr hotels / resorts in Balibago.

Incidentally, Balibago is one of the suburbs of Angeles city, and takes about 20 mins by cab to reach from Angeles.

Definitely recommend coming here if you are in Manila for the weekend. The night life beats Manila any time.

The restaurant menu was not so good - I recommend eating at other places.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 16, 2010

Other than that...the pool and location was great!
This is a basic room for US$100 per night, no breakfast, 1 bottle of water over a 5 night stay (others would be charged), and almost no toiletries.
They are adding floors, so there is nonpstop jack hammering going on from 12pm-10pm (I'm referring to outside the room).
Worst value I've had in the past several years.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
4  Thank Frankv42
Reviewed October 10, 2010

I have now stayed here 3 Times and always find the place great the 24hr Pool Bar, Very close to the main bar district..

Staff friendly and always make you feel welcome.

Recomend this place for a great place to stay in Angeles

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2010

This is the perfect hotel for single males.
It’s not fancy, but fancy’s not what single guys go to Angeles for.
The staff is always smiling and pleasant. They have free high speed internet so I was able to keep up with business back home, and best of all, 24 hour room service for when I had a desire for some ice cream.
They have the 2 large pools, both with swim up bars and because of their size, they’re never full.
It’s a short walk to all the action and restaurants on Fields Ave. and there’s a large mall close by to pick up what you forgot to pack from home.

In my 4 visits since April 2010 management has always been able to accommodate my needs.
On a recent trip, my flight was arriving late into Manila, so I wouldn’t get to the hotel until after midnight. I was having a friend meet me, but with my late arrival, I was concerned about her waiting in front of the hotel that late.
I asked the hotel manager if they would give my friend the key to my room in the afternoon, let her use the pool, and sign the ticket so she could have dinner.
They did all I asked, and treated her like family.

I’ve stayed at hotels around the world, and the Wild Orchid has a staff that could give lessons in hospitality.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2010

The hotel is one of the better hotels in this area. Pricing is on a high side with a normal room costing about 3,900 pesos and a promotional price of 2,800 pesos . There was no difference between online booking and walk in .
Counter staff were friendly and speak good English. They accept major currency and credit cards for deposit and bill payment.
Facilities available were swimming pool with bar, wifi, free internet at a stand alone computer located at lobby,no spa was visible or listed.

Room 31 & 32 that we stayed were reasonable good . They had pay per view tv with a good selection of channels - english channels, sports, chinese, indian etc so in case you wanted to laze in the room! Bathrooms were big and clean. Towels could be better and bigger. All other items were provided at cost - tooth brush, tooth paste , condoms, shampoo etc. Nice minibar too.Please note that there is no lift so you will need to walk up to your room.

Pool looked inviting though we decided to skip this .

They have one major restaurant that operates 24 hours so food is not a problem although the pricing is slightly expansive ( average meal about 400 - 500 pesos and very western dishes)

Location of this hotel is in the heart of the happening street with all the best pubs, bars etc located within minutes from this hotel. There is plenty of tricycles around right in front of the hotels and cabs.

Overall, if you are on a budget , there are plenty of other options with price range between 1200 pesos to 1500 pesos but if you want comfort , then is hotel is a better choice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank TravellingMalaysian
Reviewed January 19, 2010

Was the second part of my SEA vacation. Spent first part of my vacation in Jakarta at a 5 star hotel. I paid about $125 a night and it was excellent. Then I got to this Angeles and the Wild Orchid. I chose a balcony room. The room was nice but a little dated. Not that big a deal, but for only a little bit less than what I paid in Jakarta, I expected a little bit more.
I loved the location and was able to get to the places I wanted to go easily. Having a poker room right by the lobby was nice also. The staff were very attentive and friendly.

Overall, I love this hotel I would have gave it four stars if not for the price. Due to the price I might try a different hotel next time.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed January 10, 2010

This was the best value for our dollar and the location was awesome. Wish we could have stayed longer. Well, something to look forward to in a return trip.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends