“Strange procedure 1st time I experience in my life”

Hotel Royal Amsterdam
Ranked #9 of 71 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Among years I travell I experience a strange role from this hotel even it was one of my favorite before .. I book online for 11 days stay in the hotel and I check in in the same booking day then after 3 night I plan to check out and transfer to other hotel .. I call the reception at evening before a day of checkout to inform them that I will check out twmorow :) amazing ! they ask me to pay an extra day !!! I just stay one day more rather than pay an extra day without using the room .. Sorry to say its first time in my life to experience that .. I think I'm staying in a hotel .. That's what hotel mean !!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank Eskty
RAManagement, Manager at Hotel Royal Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2014

It is rather sad that I hear about such comments once the guest has been gone. For sure I could have worked out an acceptable compromise for both of us – even we feel no guilt - but just to make the guest happy , as guest satisfaction is our ultimate concern.
It is worldwide common practice that if a guest is shortening his fix booked stay, he will have to face a cancellation fee. In many hotels, when prepaid , he might even loose all remaining unconsumed days. The cancellation fee is protecting the property against loss, as it is not always so easy to sell a cancelled room within such a short notice.
In this particular case, I would have given the guest a gift certificate valid for his next visit and in addition even a complimentary room upgrade, depending on availability.
On our hotel side, there is always a will and a way ton find amicable solutions.
Hotel Manager
ROYAL AMSTERDAM HOTEL

Reviewed March 20, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel very much ,I found the rooms were very comfortable.The staff were professional and very attentive to my needs.I booked this hotel at short notice ,I was suprised that there were rooms available ,so I was quite lucky .But I still recommend that you book the rooms in advance to avoid disappointment This hotel is in a prime location ,as everything is on your doorstep .I will definitely be staying at this hotel again if I visit Angeles city again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Once again I was fortunate to stay at the Hotel Royal Amsterdam. The greatest hotel on Fields Avenue. The Staff is so friendly and go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. As soon as you walk in the door, you see nothing but smiling faces every day, greeting you, and handing you your room key, as they memorize each customer. The rooms are always clean and presentable each day. Couldn't ask for a better place to stay. So, if you want that Great Escape, visit the Hotel Royal Amsterdam.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms! You will be happy with whatever room you are assigned.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 16, 2014

RAH (Royal Amsterdam Hotel) has always been my hotel of choice due to its warm service, comfortable amenities and prime location.

Value for money and the friendly staff are always at hand to offer assistance.

Privacy and security is always of paramount concern when travelling abroad and at RAH I am secure in the knowledge that I will receive both.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mudshark2014
Reviewed February 6, 2014

The hotel Reastaurant used to be excellent. The steaks available were displayed and though expensive well worth it. Now the steaks are not shown, and the quality is very low. Our steaks were tough and fatty and exorbitantly expensive. We were told there was new management and all we could wish for was that the old management would return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I stayed in Panorama Suite room for 11 nights for last Christmas and New Year. That was an superb experience. Hotel staff is very friendly and helpful. Room is perfectly clean. Don't expect to much in terms of facilities since there's no night club or swimming pool in this hotel. In addition to that, you need to use the stairs to reach this suite room. Hotel location is just perfect for solo travelers since it is right in the middle of Walking Street. But I believe couples may also stay here since it is very clean and quiet place. Breakfast is not included in price but variety and prices are very reasonable in the restaurant anyway. There is a small supermarket and a fast food buffet (Waffle Maffle) right next to Hotel, open late hours. I must say it was such pleasant stay for me, I recommend you all and thanks for all staff and hotel management.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank AlperCalis
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel via their website for a few days commencing 8th March. On the 8th of January I recieve an email from them saying the driver was waiting for me at the airport. What the? I pronptly emailed them an advised there was some kind of mistake and that I had only just booked the hotel the day before and that it was for my trip in March. They pretty much told me too bad and they were deducting a nights accomodation and the cost of the driver from my credit card..and they did. I tried to explain the them that thy had made a mistake and my booking was for March not January. Once again I was informed the managers decision was to charge me for the room and driver. Basically they decided to steal from my credit card...they messed up my booking so I have to pay for a room I was never going to use.
I tried to explain to them that there had been a mistake and if they were adamant on taking money from me for nothing then I would cancel my march booking and I would never return to theie hotel ever again. Just thieving and dumb customer service. They have cost themselves my repeat business and that of many of my friends who visit angeles regularly.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
10  Thank Territorian66
Manager-RA-Hotel, Manager at Hotel Royal Amsterdam, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2014

Pointing the finger on others in order to hide one’s own incompetence and mistake. That was exactly what this writer did. And using words like “ Thieves “ and “ stealing “ for sure will attract many readers and easily will create a certain animosity versa the respondent.
But the real truth behind the scene looks quite different. Our problem is that we are not allowed according to “ Management Response Guidelines “ from tripadvisor to include in our response correspondence from the guest. That would change the story immediately.
1. By his own fault, the guest made a timely error when making the reservation.
2. When his reservation was confirmed on his indicated date, he still did not realize it, as there was still ample time for correction.
3. It is a normal worldwide procedure to charge guests for No-Show and for airport transfer when the driver was waiting for nothing.
4. When charging the guest for No-Show, he admitted in his return email that he did made a “ small “ mistake, but that he should not be penalized for making a mistake.
5. At that point, Management was willing to make a compromise acceptable for both sides.
6. But before Management could have done so, there came additional emails, in very abusive language, blackmailing us, and trying to pressure Management to wave all charges or to find the consequences listed in the tripadvisor.
7. Due to those facts, we than decided not to propose any compromise as we cannot accept being under pressure from anyone, meaning “ dance to my tunes , or….”