“Great Experience and Service”

Hotel Royal Amsterdam
Ranked #7 of 69 Hotels in Angeles City
Guam, Mariana Islands
“Great Experience and Service”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The location of the hotel is right in the middle of Fields. The hotel provided great service. Anything I needed, the hotel employees were able to accommodate. My friends and I really enjoyed our stay. They finally opened up the hotel restaurant. However, the service at the hotel restaurant is a bit slow. It took a bit of time for any food to be cooked and served. Hotel Wifi needs some improvement. Was not getting any good Wifi signals in my room. Overall, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I had a great experience and I would stay at Hotel Amsterdam again on my next trip.

Room Tip: Request for a room where the Wifi signal is good. The Superior rooms are pretty cheap and provide ev...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Hotel is right in middle of Fields and night action is steps away. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Recommend their car pickup/return if you are coming from CRK for 350 pesos each way. JJ supermarket is short walk on MacArthur past McDonalds so you can get anything you need. Rooms were very large and comfortable. The only issue is there are no elevators, so staying on 4th floor is a little trek up the stairs.

Room Tip: No elevator, so if you don't like walking up 4 flights, request lower floor room
2 Thank Simon W
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Great location and services. Jacuzzi could have had hotter water. Staff were helpful and very useful. I would definitely recommend a stay here. The location cant be beat, fields ave is where the action is.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank daniel y
Dubai
Reviewed November 19, 2013

its my second stay in this hotel after 2 years. the Manila airport pickup was well arranged. The Check-in was very fast . The rooms has Good amenities. The Wifi is very good . The location is the best for nightlife. Pros: No elevator. the bathrooms need renovation.
i think with paid costs for rooms, still it can be a best choice.

1 Thank xxanty
Tucson, Arizona, Usa
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Honestly I usually stay at the Pacific Breeze hotel when I visit Angeles...due to Pacific Breeze being booked I decided to stay at Hotel Royal Amsterdam. I stayed in the Superior Deluxe room which was available at the time. I was pleasantly surprised with the hotel. The room was clean and spacious. The staff was great. I ate a few times at the restaurant and the food was very good. The only thing it was across the street from a Korean restaurant and I love Korean food, but it is not their fault. The hotel itself was in a great location....the patio out front was clean and you could see people walking by which made for good entertainment. There is no elevator and I stayed on the 4th floor. It really isn't a big deal, but an elevator would be nice. The overall cleanliness of the hotel was very good, though the lighting is a little dark it still has a nice feel. Overall I would stay there again and I would recommend it also. I might even say that it would be my first choice the next time I visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Darien J
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed November 16, 2013

This hotel is in a very good location if you want to be in the heart of the action. The rooms are well furnished and water pressure is good. Excellent staff who are very service oriented. Their restaurant is now open again and although I didn't try it, it did look nice and was somewhat busy in the evenings. The prices on the room service menu in the room seemed a little high however.

The negatives are that there is no swimming pool and the hotel suffers from noise pollution both externally and internally. Rooms facing the front hear the noise from Fields Avenue and rooms facing the rear hear the noise from the Filipino karaoke bars. Internally, the internal rooms hear people coming and going at all hours of the night who talk loudly and slam doors. Not sure what the hotel can do about this other than put carpeting down on the stairs and hallways. Some drunk people will always talk loudly and slam doors. Not trying to be picky here, but after a few nights, getting woken up at 4 a.m. gets old.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Paul3456
Bandar Seri Begawan, Brunei Darussalam
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked 1 economy room and 4 economy deluxe rooms for this trip. The size difference between the 2 was substantial but I believe the economy room was also big enough for the entertainment provided. Location wise is excellent as its in the middle of Fields Avenue. Not a family-friendly hotel due to entertainment around the area. 2 of the guys in our grp complained about a certain smell from the carpet in their rooms but both also don't smoke so for the remaining 3 who did, we couldn't smell anything, so we believe our cigarette smoking masked whatever smell existed. The bed was large and comparable in size to the one at Galaxy Hotel which charges alot more. Rooms were also all on ground floor level which is very convenient. The front desk staff were very helpful also when we made requests and room service was very very fast. None of us got the same problems as some of the other reviewers here about water pressure as we felt it was strong and good enough. Plenty of TV channels to watch and the air con was nice n cold. There was a safe in the room which was helpful for keeping my passport and money. The Wi-Fi signal was jumpy but good enough as my Globe reception was non-existent inside the rooms.

There are only 2 things I would complain about. Firstly, the owner of the restaurant (separate from the hotel) was very rude to us and did not treat us as nicely as he did to the other expats. Perhaps it was because we used one of his tables to wait for a friend in the afternoon without making any orders and he approached us quite rudely and said he needed to run a business. That did not take into account the fact there were plenty of other vacant tables should there be any customers or that he could have asked us nicely to order or vacate his table.

My other complaint would relate to the power supply in the room. The keys to the door need to be plugged-in in order to generate power supply and once you leave the room, you cannot leave your gadgets in the room to charge. I have a tablet, 2 phones and a battery pack and throughout the entire trip my gadgets were never fully charged because I could only charge them when I was at home in the room at night which didn't give me enough time to juice them up.

Room Tip: Rooms 107 and 108 (Economy Deluxe) were the largest amongst the 4 rooms we took in this size and cam...
1 Thank Azn_BlankScreen