“Booked 5 rooms and most were up to expectations”

Hotel Royal Amsterdam
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We booked 1 economy room and 4 economy deluxe rooms for this trip. The size difference between the 2 was substantial but I believe the economy room was also big enough for the entertainment provided. Location wise is excellent as its in the middle of Fields Avenue. Not a family-friendly hotel due to entertainment around the area. 2 of the guys in our grp complained about a certain smell from the carpet in their rooms but both also don't smoke so for the remaining 3 who did, we couldn't smell anything, so we believe our cigarette smoking masked whatever smell existed. The bed was large and comparable in size to the one at Galaxy Hotel which charges alot more. Rooms were also all on ground floor level which is very convenient. The front desk staff were very helpful also when we made requests and room service was very very fast. None of us got the same problems as some of the other reviewers here about water pressure as we felt it was strong and good enough. Plenty of TV channels to watch and the air con was nice n cold. There was a safe in the room which was helpful for keeping my passport and money. The Wi-Fi signal was jumpy but good enough as my Globe reception was non-existent inside the rooms.

There are only 2 things I would complain about. Firstly, the owner of the restaurant (separate from the hotel) was very rude to us and did not treat us as nicely as he did to the other expats. Perhaps it was because we used one of his tables to wait for a friend in the afternoon without making any orders and he approached us quite rudely and said he needed to run a business. That did not take into account the fact there were plenty of other vacant tables should there be any customers or that he could have asked us nicely to order or vacate his table.

My other complaint would relate to the power supply in the room. The keys to the door need to be plugged-in in order to generate power supply and once you leave the room, you cannot leave your gadgets in the room to charge. I have a tablet, 2 phones and a battery pack and throughout the entire trip my gadgets were never fully charged because I could only charge them when I was at home in the room at night which didn't give me enough time to juice them up.

Room Tip: Rooms 107 and 108 (Economy Deluxe) were the largest amongst the 4 rooms we took in this size and cam...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Azn_BlankScreen

Reviewed November 9, 2013

great location right in the thick of it. comfortable bed and nice flat screen TV within room. aircon filters could do with a little cleaning but apart from that an enjoyable stay overall.

the restaurant is great. the food is delicious and the value for money is ok. i will note that this restaurant is completely separate to the hotel itself and is run by a German guy who trains his staff well and the chef cooks the food well.

The only negative point i had was the front desk kept annoying me asking me to pay cash in advance even though i gave my CC as security before i arrived. this really annoyed me.

dont hesitate to use this hotel, they offer 10% discount for cash payments.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Trentbkk
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I have stayed here a few times now in the last year or so. I have no problems with this hotel. I do like tea/coffee in the room and although not supplied, when I asked for a kettle and cups, they were delivered immediately. I have no problem with cleanliness. I do not like the bath mats which are a spongy material, but I can live with them. location is good, if not perfect if you are wanting to use the local entertainment. Staff were helpful, efficient, polite and friendly.

I will continue to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2013

The location is great, right on Fields Ave. The staff was friendly and serviceminded. Big, nice and clean room and comfortable bed. Safe in the room. Water was not very hot and water pressure a bit low but it was never a problem to take a shower. Good food in the restaurang. I will definitely go back if I visit Angeles again.

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room had window to corridor only. Superior room is better value for money, IMO.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed there about 5 or 6 times, and will definitely go back whenever I am in angeles. I checked out a couple of new hotels on the strip that were decent, but I did not feel the warmth and hospitality that I get from Amsterdam. I read a review where someone was trashing the place and even went as far as posting several negative pictures. that to me seems like a personal vendetta. like I said before its not the marriot but for about 50 dollars a night, you get a nice,clean,safe and friendly environment. its right on fields ave where the action is so I would not recommend it for a family vacation, but if you and the guys are looking to have a good time, then this place is a 5 star. all the rooms have a safe which is a big plus for me. if you planning a trip to angeles, and you are a first timer, trust me look no further

Room Tip: I recommend the superior deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank ralph l
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Room smelt strong of cigar smoke. When i called it in they quickly brought air freshener which kinda fixed the problem with more smells. Construction below made a lot of noise but they stopped after a while. Shampoo was cheap enough. Tv was nice. View was good. Bed was alright. I felt safe. Good hotel for an experience not relaxation. Although if u wanted to barfine some girls it probably would make it a relaxing experience if u know what i mean.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 18, 2013

This Hotel Is located exacly in the middle of the action. They have the best staff in the city and the service is perfect. I am going back in december and I hope they will have room for me. :-) A bonus is that they just reopend the restaurant with room service.

• Stayed: August 2013