“panorama suite”

Ranked #8 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Manila, Philippines
“panorama suite”
Reviewed May 19, 2013

For the money you cannot beat the the panorama suite. Very comfortable bed. Very large rooms good A/C. Room service is quick and 24 hours a day. I like the large shower and water pressure is good and hot water is hot. The room is quiet at night. The staff there are very very good and make staying at the Royal Amsterdam so special. The resturant has very good food. Minibar well stocked. Really if I was to nitpick all I could complain about would be poor lighting in the bathroom and no elavator. Overall whats makes the Royal Amsterdam so great are the people who work there.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money and book the panorama suite
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frankenea121284

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Arabic first
Mill Park, Australia
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Just returned from AC on wednesday (24/5/13) after 10 days in AC and am already counting the days till october when I will go again.
What a wonderful time I had there, it's like stepping into a different world compared with Australia.
The hotel as always was fabulous, great service, great people, could not be more pleasant, it's a top hotel in my book.
They organised their taxi to pick us up from the airport and take us to the hotel, could not have been a better service.
Every body is so cheerful, nothing seems to be too much, always laughing.
And what a place AC is, it seems to be one big party, everybody seems to be in happy mood.
Not to forget the SM shopping centre, terrific food, people and shopping, their is no end to it, cannot wait to go back in october for another 10 days of good times.

Boebi Molenberg

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Helsinki
Reviewed April 25, 2013

During my visit in Pampanga I stayed in Angeles City in Royal Amsterdam hotel at main street Fieldś Avenue. Hotel has dark wooden Dutch style interior, which was to me a little peculiar.
Deluxe rooms are spacious with comfortable double bed, black leather couch and chair of the Sixties, small writing desk and minibar.
Restaurant looks like Brown Cafes in original Amsterdam. Food was good but on the heavy side: pork, beef and lot of potatoes.
Everything was working in the hotel. The reception arranged private car for us to visit Clark and
its history museum and booked me to Swagman bus to Manila. Great service also in restaurant.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank erkki r
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This was my second visit to the Pampanga area to visit a friend in the area and this time I thought I was a bit wiser. My first stay was outside of the Field Avenue area with the bar life, and this trip was an “education” because I ended up in the middle of it. My advice: don’t go there unless you know what you are getting into.

Because my hotel outside of the Field Avenue drag was was not available, I booked over the phone from China, two days at Royal Amsterdam Hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews. I understood that the second day was tentative, would depend on room availability. They agreed to help me find a backup room, and I trusted them. Because it would be close to the New Year’s holiday, I expected limited availability of rooms anyway.

The hotel provided limo service for a modest fee from the Manila airport and this worked well.

Service beyond the call of duty: The first thing I noticed when I arrived in Royal Amsterdam lobby was the excellent and attentive service of the desk staff. They knew who I was when I arrived and took care of every detail of check in efficiently. It’s surprising to me that that kind of reception is actually rare in many 5-Star hotels. This attitude of “at your service” persisted through my say and beyond. So when, as anticipated, there was no room available the following day, they arranged for a painless transfer to a hotel named “Le Mirage,” maybe 300 meters away. I expected this: it was part of our agreement we discussed over the phone when I booked the room; but I was pleasantly surprised at how well it was executed by Hotel staff.

What I did NOT expect was that the service of the Royal Amsterdam staff extended AFTER I had checked out of their hotel and into my further stay in the Angeles area. For instance: when I had trouble communicating with the second hotel “Le Mirage” about length of my stay, the Royal Amsterdam staff phoned and clarified that for all. Thus, when I wanted to the limo back to the airport to depart Phils, I used Royal Amsterdam to book the service and depart.

My room was clean, quiet and felt secure, had a room safe. There is free WiFi, so I could catch up on emails and chat with friends all over the world. The Angus restaurant right downstairs was my FOOD ANCHOR during most of my stay. Food there was good and inexpensive. Service was also provided by good humored young male and female waitrons, and the chefs allowed me to customize salads. Oh... and they had excellent beer ON TAP!! I really appreciated: Good coffee and newspapers to read in the morning.

This is not a 5-Star hotel. But if you want to stay on Field Avenue, this is THE best in my limited experience.

Room Tip: Book early, especially during holidays
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Joe L
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I moved to this hotel because of noisy construction work at another hotel nearby. This hotel is located right in the centre of the nightclub area of Angeles, so would not suit everyone. I was more than happy here. Room was quite good, clean and had everything I needed. The staff were very friendly and efficient. The restaurant had a good selection of dishes, and breakfast was good. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank David R
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I was overwhelmed by the warmth, happiness, efficiency and enthusiasm of the staff. Especially the reception staff. They are 5 star. My airport pick up and drop off went really well, as did drop off/pick up Manila. My personal billing was a little complex however it was all invoiced efficiently and accurately. I travel a lot, and I have never experienced such a combination of warmth, friendliness, happiness and efficiency from any other hotel, including 5 star hotels. The hotel is in a very safe location, and very close to the action. Unfortunately, because of this, there can be a little noise, out of the control of the hotel. The first night my room faced the street but there was only a little bit of street noise and that was fine. But then in the morning the adjoining building were hammering. The empathetic staff said "we are sorry sir, we asked them to stop but they just did it more" The staff are so nice. I felt bad complaining. They immediately moved me to another room. Night 2 very quiet. Night 3 room facing the street Saturday night, and there was street noise that was a little bit uncomfortable but I am a very light sleeper. The rooms are not new, but are immaculate, large, and freshly carpeted. Beds are very firm (Like most of Asia). It has very good security, including a security guard, and also room safes. I ate at the hotel restaurant every breakfast - 10/10 and great coffee.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear may get Karaoke noise, those at the front get a little bit of street noise (altho...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Privateyez
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Probably 3 and one-half stars at best. It's about average for Angels City. Good size room, but dark, had a funky smell, hard bed, and safe didn't work. Had to get the front desk to open the safe every time I wanted access. Not great security for your valuables as anyone who can get the key can access the safe. Very friendly and accommodating staff. Right in the middle of Walking Street action so room was noisy. 100 cable channels, yet no listing so you had to surf through them all to find anything worth watching. Overall, there are better places to stay especially some of the newer hotels, which why the HRA was almost empty in the high season.

Room Tip: Go high and in the middle away from the noise. But, no elevator.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DipCourier
UHESSE, Manager at Hotel Royal Amsterdam, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear guest,

thank you for your comments. We totally agree with you regarding the channel guide. We are currently working on a complete listing of all the channels available and distributing them to the rooms. The channel listing should be completed and available within a few days.

Regarding the noise levels from outside businesses, we have done everything that we can to eliminate the outside noise from affecting our guests stay. In the future please inform us if you are a light sleeper and we can arrange for a room that is located in a better location.
If you have specific needs please communicate them to our booking staff, they are very efficient and will do everything possible to ensure that your stay is enjoyable. Also, if you are looking for a particular room book early to ensure that we can accommodate your request as our rooms are on a first come first serve basis and we are usually fully booked.

What we cannot relate to is your problem with the handling of the safe. Neither the customer before nor the customer after had any issue with the safe in your room. Further more, the several times that we responded to your concerns the safe was functioning properly.

Hotel Royal Amsterdam