“Clean and well managed”

Hotel Royal Amsterdam
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Angeles City
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very good location with excellent restaurant and good service, the rooms are well equipped with wi Fi DvD Good TV though some ate dark without window. Good value for money and a safe place to stay in Angeles.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank PaulW502

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My favourite hotel in Angeles, right in the middle of the action. The rooms are well equiped, good size and very clean. All the staff are very friendly and helpful from security to the cleaners.
Airport pick up and drop off is very good and a reasonable price, I even got a return trip to Batangas in under 3 hours each way.
My favourite room is the panarama suite which is useful if my kids stay with us,( we usually send them to my mother in laws house). But the superior room is just as good, plenty of room and half the price.
I will always use the Amsterdam on my trips to Angeles, which is quite often because my wife is from there.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Andy H
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting a little better with all the good reviews on Trip Advisor but came away disappointed.
The hotel is in the centre of Fields Avenue,Angeles City approximately a ten minute taxi ride from Clarks International Airport.Fields Avenue is full of bars,shops,restaurants and go go bars which go on until the early hours.Its a smaller scale version of Pattaya in Thailand.The rooms were carpeted and fully equipped with cable tv,DVD,fully stocked fridge and a/c.The price of $US60 a night without breakfast seemed a little excessive.Front desk staff and security guards friendly as is with most of the local Filipino people.Smoking in hotels in the Philippines is still acceptable and even with the windows open there was a constant smell of stale cigarette smoke.The front side of hotel overlooks Fields Avenue but isn't too noisy.The back of hotel overlooks the noisier karaoke bars.Be prepared for a lot of late night noise as old drunken male tourists bring back younger female Filipino counterparts!You have been warned!

• Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Ystradafodwg
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was my first trip to Clark (been to Manila a couple of times). I will fail in my duties if I do not write a few words about this Hotel 1st the negatives - the airport pick up did not get off to a great start as the flight was delayed and the driver was late by at least 45 minutes and even failed to carry any signage with my name. As this was my first trip I was a bit reluctant to get into the car as this was my very first trip to Clark, However everything went smoothly from here onwards.

The front office staff were extremely nice and efficient and you cannnot ask for a better group of girls to work in the front office of a hotel. Especillay I would like to thank Jane who made me welcome the moment I arrived.

As my departure flight was late I wanted to check out at 6pm but I was quite politely told that they will charge me for a full day so I had no option but to leave at 1200 noon. Then the Mananger was quite generous in allowing me to stay until 2.00 pm.

Overall its a great place to stay and everyone has been particulary friendly from the front desk to room girls, drivers and security guards. I am so grateful to all of them.

I did not try the food in the restaurant so I cannot quite comment but I will highly recommend this well run, clean hotel for anyone looking for a safe stay in Clark.

Dilhan De Alwis
Melbourne

Room Tip: Go for the Superior rooms
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Dilhan D
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I have stayed here many times to be near night life, near friends and as a stop over before going to best of the best - CEBU. The service has always been top notch from security,to the guys who pick you up at airport, housekeepers, desk clerks,guys who assist with your bags and find you trikes, etc. All in all, everything was superb. Be careful of room selection, and I will explain. The rooms with large windows facing fields avenue is busy all night ie bars, disco , trikes cruising up and down fields, people yelling, etc. I am referring to street noise and atmosphere. The backside of hotel you will deal with noise from music in the backstreet bars. I had something happen this time that basically caught me off guard. There was an issue of checking out earlier than expected due to business travel. I am a health professional who does business in Cebu City. Anyway, one of girls mentioned a early cancel fee. I said, come on now for God's sake I have been here 12 days. Lets just say, it left a bad taste in my mouth. in the end, they never charged me the cancel fee; however, it's just the idea of it.
In closing, it's my favorite place to stay. I always stay there and everyone knows me at hotel. This is not meant to be a negative review. Like I said, awesome place to stay, safe and secure and everyone takes care of you. I just wanted to mention the one incident because I was shocked. I mean, I did stay 12 days. Anyway, a superb place to stay. Remember, there is a lot of street noise, then again, it is a party town. Buy earplugs--- LOL. Yes, I highly recommend Royal Amsterdam- it's superb. I hope to stay at their new sister property upon my future return next year. I have been told its under construction. Hope this helps!

Rick M.
Dec 30, 2012 - Jan 11, 2013
Room 302- awesome room but much street noise- forgot my ear plugs, LOL

Stayed: January 2013
5  Thank Worldclasstraveler64
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had my first trip to the Philippines in July this year 2012, I went to Boracay (boracay beach club hotel ), Manila which was a learning experience , but over all , my time in Angeles was great made mostly by the comfort and welcoming of the staff at the Royal Amsterdam, I travelled with a lady I met on Boracay .
From the pick up in Manila , the drive and chat with the driver , the welcome when arrived and the day trip to Subic Bay which was with van and driver supplied by the hotel, the food in house , the room was much more than expected , I am booked for April 2013 for the jacuzzi suite for 3 nights, and will again book for September for maybe a few extra nights , wouldn't stay anywhere else. When leaving they arranged a drop off at the hotel I was staying at in Manila before departing for Kuala Lumpur and back home to Melbourne .

Room Tip: Smile at the staff when you have been noticed with a "hello" , "good morning " o...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank curiousaboutit
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Nice little Hotel. Actually the location is perfect. Surrounding area a lot of bars and restaurants. Clean and different sizes of rooms available. Internet is for free. I prefer the Jacuzzi room......
Friendly cleaning staff and nice girls on the reception.......

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room.....
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business